Unfortunately at one point something happened to the rug and it arrived wet on one side and damp on the other side resulting in a mold smell. I urgently needed the rug for a show and did not have the time to return it, so I had to sun dry and mold treat it as good as I could. Based on the mold smell, I think the wet and dampness has happened before the rug was shipped. There should be a better quality control on the shipped out products.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it would have been good if it didn't get wet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Love the warm, varied, natural tones and the chunky weave of this rug. Great price for the size and quality. A little bit of unraveling along the edge so far after two days with our two dogs and two cats. I think describing the rug as "soft" is misleading. The texture is rough, but it feels good underfoot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I really like this rug. We've had it for a few months now and it looks just as it did when we bought it. It's not in a super high traffic area, but I do think it will hold up well. I remember it having a slight dirt smell when we received it, but it really wasn't a big deal. (It is made from natural fibers...it's nothing like a strong chemical smell that a lot of items these days have.) It went away very soon after we received it. I tried vacuuming it once and one of the threads came lose, but I easily tucked it back in and it wasn't a big deal. (I just won't be vacuuming it again, just vacuum underneath and shake it outside as necessary). It's a great price, especially compared to some of the local furniture stores. We use it in our relaxed beach cottage living room and it's a great fit. We're considering purchasing another one for our dining room. It has nice mix of natural colors. It's comfortable on foot. Definitely not squishy, but doesn't hurt either. And my young kids don't complain of a scratchy or pokey rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Not this rug. There are bargains but this is not one of them. Two complaints are: the dust/dandruff out of this rug is endless. We've vacuumed and took it outside for a beating with a broomstick but it did not help. At all. In addition the Natural fiber is not woven tightly so there is a lot of loose ends. Enough said, please ignore this product at all costs!
We've had this rug for just a few months now and it's currently in our dining room which barely ever gets used, but there are already several places where loops are coming undone! I was expecting more with all of the glowing reviews, but I definitely was disappointed.
I read the great reviews prior to purchasing this rug and when mine arrived (quickly I might add) I was even more impressed with the quality than I thought I would be. Overstock rarely disappoints..another great purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color on screen.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the rug is even nicer than I expected for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I originally purchased this rug to hang on a wall behind a bed for decorative purposes and to give the room some texture. When I received it I realized it was way too heavy for a wall. The picture doesn't do this rug justice. It doesn't show the details of this beautiful woven rug. Instead, I decided to use it in our living room on top of our carpet. It really looks great and I'm glad I purchased it.
At first glance the rug looked great! However, I noticed a fine grit (dirt) on the floor where I unrolled the rug. I thought it must gotten dirty or something during shipping. It never went away. I tried vacuuming the rug, but that pulled pieces loose. I was able to tuck the pieces back in, but I could not live with the dirt from the rug. You would not believe how much I would sweep from under it. My rug pad was very dirty as well. After trying for a few weeks, this rug now resides on my screened-in porch. I believe another customer had the same problem. Very disappointed.
I was excited to receive this rug as we live in the country and thought a perfect addition. I was completely wrong. The dirt contained in the rug is what really bothers me. As said earlier, I have vacuumed, vacuumed, and vacummed some more (and washed the rug with a pressure washer) ... still.... silt/sand keeps coming out of the rug. Purchased in June; now September, 2011!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. terrible quality as far as dirt in the rug. Purchased in June and everytime (to this day) that I lift the rug, dirt is still coming out of it (even after multiple vacuuming and pressure washing)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
We had wanted an area rug for our new sunroom and had not decided on any particular one. When I saw this jute rug on Overstock.com I thought that I had found just what we wanted and need. I was right! It is ust the right size and immediately laid flat on the floor with not adjustments necessary. My husband and I both like it very much and know that it will fulfill our needs for years to come.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly as represented online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the rug is excellent. I immediately laid it on the floor of our new sunroom and it laid flat with no bumps or turned up ends.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extemely accurate
I love the color and feel of this rug, but it's already coming frayed and unraveled in spots and underneath is an incredible amount of dust/grime from the rug. I don't have a rug pad under it; not sure if that would help with the grime. It's almost like it's disentigrating. It's definitely not the quality that you'd get from, say, West Elm, but it's the look for a lot less.
nice! nice! nice! Jute hand woven 5'8 rug ,this really helped tie the living room together; very comfort to walk on, grand kids love sitting on it and playing, watching TV, etc. Made a good Mothers Day gift ,along with the Runner I bought ******** Hand Woven ; great gifts...
I liked the way this rug looked, but I had it for a couple of years and it started to develop some loose threads. My dog started pulling at them when I wasn't looking (he gets quiet when he's up to no good, so I go look to see what mischief he is up to), and eventually he started chewing at the loose threads. I replaced it then. Not great.