For the price, I did not expect this rug to be as fantastic as it is! It is the perfect size for my room, had no odor when it arrived, easily unrolled with no bumps, bulges or flips. The color is the perfect neutral. It blends beautifully in our family room and shows none of our fox terrier's hair! The kids like it, too, though they don't stretch out on it (it is scratchy.) But it was just tile floor before the rug came, so they weren't accustomed to being on our floor anything. They are teens and vie for the comfiest chair! The fringe on the ends isn't distracting--a perfect blend and well-attached. It is thicker than I imagined and much sturdier. I am amazed at the value for price! Well done, Overstock! I never could have found this at such a great price at a home improvement or carpet store!
I absolutely love this rug. I spent $900 on a jute rug 5 years ago only to have my wonderful dog Wellington ruin it. This rug looks better and more expensive than the $900 rug. If I had more than one house, I would buy this rug for every one. If you are undecided, you can take the risk to buy this rug online! Even better is...initially....the rug never showed up...all I had to do is call customer service and they had the replacement out to me in 3 days. Customer service is great!
The rug was more blonde in color than anticipated. Very very light wheat color. Which was fine for my room but would have preferred a touch darker to match my other jute rugs. Anyway, my only complaint is that it doesn't clean up the best. I have a Maltese (which are notoriously difficult to fully house train) and she has had a few accidents on the rug. Even though I clean it up as soon as I see a wet spot, her urine has bleached a few spots. I've tried different cleaners so I know it's not what I'm using. My other rugs have not done this. I get a very wet rag, squeeze water over the stain, use soap to scrub a little, then squeeze more water through to rinse. My other rugs are not bleached or damaged in any way. So I'm not sure why this one does not clean up better. Anyway, I like the rug otherwise. The feel is rougher than my other jute rugs even though the weave is tighter. But it's not too bad. I have it in a living room and I think it's fine.
Nice rug for a great price! I had the expensive jute with the latex backing before and my dog ruined it. This looks just as nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
This rug is better than I expected. Wanted to bring a more casual vibe to my living room and it adds great texture to my linen sofa, acrylic console table and zebra wing chair. My only comment is that there's lots of dirt and dust when you first unroll the rug. I didn't realize this and had movers lay it out the day I moved only to find lots of dust in my home the next day. I had even vacuumed it when they first unrolled it. Try to beat it and vacuum a few days before you use it.
This rug was ok when I received it. It is 8"6" wide though, so a little larger than expected (10'6" wide as described). The problem is that over time the fringe in the corners began to fray. The corners also won't lay flat. I have had it 2 years and I am going to have to get rid of it.
This was my first purchase of a jute rug. I looked at many different options and my primary concerns were durability and a lack of shedding (my last wool rug left major dust bunnies everywhere). I was very pleased the the weight when it arrived and the overall look. There is some minor shedding(on my socks when I'm walking around on it) but I think that would be expected from natural fiber rug. Nothing like the nightmare reviews I read for similar rugs. I would absolutely recommend this rug to someone. It's a very good quality for the price.
Falling apart after 9 months. I was very happy upon finding this rug for a new to us house last year. Great style for a great price... or so I thought. After about 9 months with minimal traffic, the sisal started to unravel in areas. It has left me with having to trim pieces that stick up creating small holes, worn areas, and our 6 month old (that is starting to crawl) ending up with Sisal in her mouth. This rug is a disappointment. I guess I got what I paid for.. it really was too good to be true. Sad!
I bought this for my living room and it goes perfectly goes with our natural look for the house. This was my first natural fiber rug purchase so I was worried about how it would feel but it feels surprisingly soft. I love it so much that I am getting another one for my dining room. no odor, shipped fast and took a few days to straighten out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very slightly lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. soft on barefoot. nicely made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate except I found the color slightly lighter
This rug lays out nicely in our dining room. Adds visual texture and warmth to our home! We absolutely love it. I would have given it five stars but one side of the reversible rug has a dark brown stain about the size of a dime. I tried to remove it with water but it has a waxy texture and is holding firmly to the fibers. It will have to be cleaned professionally and that's an extra expense that wasn't in the budget for a new rug. I would recommend to anyone who loves jute and natural eco-friendly products for the home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors are warmer gold tones in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality, beautiful weaving
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Bound edges make the rug .75 inches thick
I am in a transitional space, and this rug is perfect. It adds casual warmth to our family room. It has enough texture to be interesting but is so neutral that I will easily be able to use it as I change the decor. This is not a soft jute, but I did not expect softness. This is a firm rug that I anticipate will hold up to the abundant traffic of two dogs and two small children. Overstock, as usual, was wonderful to work with. The rug arrived in a matter of days.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? slightly lighter in collor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
I needed a large rug to tie together my living room furniture. This one is placed under a smaller, more colorful rug and works perfectly. There was a slight "natural" smell for about a week after I unrolled it, but it has since gone away. It's perfect for the space and I love the extra detail the fringe brings to the room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
It is always difficult buying online but the reviews of the rug were great, I really needed a rug this size that I could not find at this price in the UK and so I went for it. Even with the £40 odd postage to the UK this is a great value rug..It really is better than I had hoped for and makes my living room look great..I have had to retrain my pup not to wee on it, he thinks it is ok to wee on any grass!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very very good, top qullity.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This is the 3rd one of these rugs I've purchased. The first 2 were for our winter home in the south. One is under the dining room table and the chairs can slide on this rug very easily. The other rug is in llving room that gets alot of foot traffic. A pet wetting accident will lighten the jute , but if you catch it while wet and pour on water or seltzer, and blot well, it comes out fine. Easy to vacuum and does not show dust,threads, etc . The first 2 rugs have been in use for about 5 years now and are going strong and looking good. Just bought a 3rd one for a new house-under the dining room table again, so upholstered chairs can slide easily. Looks great on our new oiled white oak floors. don't let the fringe put you off, this rug looks good with antiques or contemporary designs. Priced great also.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. wear very well, esp with pets
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Amazing purchase! Very happy with my purchase. Would recommend rug to anyone. Great buy for such high quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured--
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was better than I even expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
Love this carpet, perfect for a high traffic family room, especially with dogs. No smell like sometimes with other jute rugs, and it is very comfortable to step on. I just keep getting more and more compliments.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate