I bought two of these for our country/ french kitchen. After I modeled them we decide to buy two more as future replacements, that's how much we like them and the price. Our kitchen gets lots of traffic and sun, so we been going trough a series of similar rugs over time - even if the others were reasonable quality and we liked them they eventually fade and/or get a bit dingy. We bought more as future replacements without seeing how durable they are (had them only a couple of weeks), but they are thicker than comparable jute and wool ones. Besides being a bit rough, which others noted as well, I would add that they are not reversible ( many comparable ones are).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? compares well, vibrant colors
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, thick
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate, but description should mention that it is not reversible
The rug is very sturdy, just what I was looking for. The cats love it. The colors are natural and go very well with my oriental rugs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is of excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate
very flexible and soft jute makes this rug perfect for our family room
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? prettier in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made and very soft jute
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I bought this rug because I was looking for something that could match at the same time vintage and modern furniture. My house has a bit of both so I'm always struggling trying to find rugs that would work. This rug is perfect. It's a bit ethnic, which I like and it gives some character to the room without overwhelming it. Colors are a brighter (especially the blue seems deeper). This is the best rug I bought so far and I'm so happy with it that I'm thinking to get it for my friend! Personally I don't think anyone could dislike it, it's a secure bet!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Real colors are brighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This jute rug is wonderful, we love it. Great quality - thick, good colors. We're using it in the mudroom but it looked equally good by the front door. If you like jute rugs, you'll love this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this rug is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
This rug is beautiful. The colors are so rich and pure. I don't think they mentioned that there was a blue in it. It's rust colors, dark burgandy and a deep blue. I suspect it will fade but that's ok. I have one of the mohawk jute rugs in the 8x10 and it is wearing very well. I expect this one will too. It's going in the entryway and will have a lot of foot traffic. Love this rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? prettier than the pictures
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The colors are beautiful in person - far more vibrant than the computer screen. The carpet is very thick and durable. It's not too comfortable to walk on barefoot -- but it looks great, and most people think it's far more expensive than it really was!
It is EXACTLY 4x6 if you order that size. I know because I have ONLY 4 feet, not a smidge more and this thing is tight in my opening. Great for a mudroom, the dirt falls right through it, not sticking around on top to be tracked throughout the house. The colors are nice and it's a great deal. Can't see a stain, fleck of grass, NOTHING so it appears that my house is much cleaner than it really is and isn't that the whole point? 4 stars for workmanship because where the threads are notted on one side there's a 2.5 inch "hanger" that my little daughter LOVES to play with. I worry if I trim it then the whole thing will eventually unravel. Obviously only an issue if that's the side facing up.
I wanted a rustic-looking rug for under my desk and chair. The price was so good, that I bought 2. The 2nd rug is in the living room in front of the sofa. The picture does not do this rug justice. The colors are much more vibrant. I really like the contrast between the earthy rust and gold, and the dark blue stripes. The rug brightens the room without overpowering it. I have nothing negative to say. The quality is more than I bargained for. I'm really pleased with my purchase.
The over all look was just what I needed for my room decor. The colors were vivid and beautiful. I didn't care for the trim as it doesn't lay flush with the floor. I wish it would have been a softer surfice but, I guess that is how a jute rug is.
If you're not expecting a highly finished product, this is entirely satisfactory. Color and pattern are wonderful. My only issue is that the size is significantly larger than indicated - a problem when you're trying to fit a rug into a restricted space. But very nice overall.
I just received this rug yesterday after ordering it on Monday. Talk about fast shipping! The colors are really beautiful and go well with neutral furniture. It is not perfectly rectangular because it's hand woven but you can adjust it into shape.There is no "grassy" smell and rolled out flat, no bumps. My dog already loves sleeping on it and the dog hair does stick to it but vacuums away fairly easily. One thing to keep in mind..open the package outside because the rug had a sort of "dust" that comes off..it's really just loose fibers from the material but it was a pain to sweep from my tile floor. I'd buy another one if I had the space for it!