This Surya rug is beautiful. It is fun and funky, warm and inviting, interesting and modern. Looks beautiful in my bedroom. Yes, it sheds, but less over time. It is 100% New Zealand wool and wool sheds. If that's a problem for you, buy a synthetic rug. It was at my door in a matter of days. Service and quality ... excellent.
Overall we love it. The shaggy tufts are sort of thick and tubular, unlike a flokati. The rug is heavy and attractive. It sheds which I don't mind -- nice and woolly. A few of the tufts have already been pulled out -- possibly by my dog but not on purpose. So that's why I knocked off a star, but I would still buy again.
I have had the rug for two weeks and it is lovely. It looks much more expensive than the price . It has long thick strands of felted wool and is a natural off white color. Very soft and thick. It does shed little puffs of wool, but I expected that because of the other reviews. You definitely cannot use an abrasive vacuum cleaner on this rug , you have to use something with very little suction and no beater bar. This rug is delicate and the strands will separate, causing the rug to become fuzzy. It has to be spot cleaned so it is not the rug for an active space . Although I haven't had it long it looks like it could become very dirty , very quickly. All in all I am very pleased with it . It really works for me!
The Surya brand rug I received was exactly the same as the ~$4000 felted wool rugs I saw at our local rug store, which is exactly what I wanted. It has no vinyl backing, and is 100% felted wool. It has no chemical odor, but does smell like wet wool if you have to spot clean it, or if it gets wet. Our dog had a serious accident on this rug and I was able to clean it thoroughly, even though it is a natural colored rug. (I did "trim" a couple of the felts, and you can't see the difference). This rug probably ended up at overstock because a couple of the felts were not finished to the same length. This rug sheds a lot. I have had it for almost a year, and pieces of wool still come off in tumbleweed type balls, and if the baby crawls across it with dark pants on, he is covered in fine wool lint. So if shedding is a dealbreaker for you, this rug is not for you. Other than the shedding, I love this rug. It's warm, fluffy, and made of natural materials. I put it in our son's nursery. I hope it stops shedding someday, but until then, I'll just deal with it, because it's otherwise perfect for our needs.
It's a very plus rug, with a different style to the typical shag rugs (because of the thick pile). It's lovely to look at. I don't think it is as bright as the picture - more light beige, but still a great match for me. Feels really nice on the feet. Its nice to have natural fibers. I'll see how it stands the test of time.
Rug is great- thick, soft, great quality. It does have one drawback- the natural wool smell when opening the packaging was overpowering. Although it has diminished it is still there after two weeks. If this can't be worked out I will understand why a great quality rug is priced so well!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This area rug is made by Surya which is one of the premium manufacturers (google it) chosen by many interior decorators.... Im so glad purchased this 8x10.6 it totally completes my open style living room tying in everything the color is a neutral white/ivory and the "popcorn" look effect is a conversation starter!! The felted 100% NZ wool is starting to pelt which is natural but hopefully it will stop once it breaks in other than that I can't stop praising how fantastic it is!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 100% wool.... Can't complain
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Kinda vague so read my comments....
This is a heavy, durable wool rug in a nice shade of creamy white. Feels soft and natural to the touch. Minimal shedding. Good quality for the price. Delivery was very quick.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, very heavy and quite thick. Good value for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Very happy with this purchase. It's warm, cozy, inviting, soft, and the wool should hold up for a long time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same- ivory color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Super soft, love walking and sitting on it; looks great in our living room.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It has more of a shag look than I expected with a thick weave.