I read the other reviews about it not being white and they were right. It is not white but more of a linen color. I expected that color and preferred it over white so I am happy with it. I have thrown over my carpet so comfort isn't an issue but if you plan to put it on hard flooring just know that there is no padding. It looks great in my room and definitely a statement peace. I love it.
The rug is a heavy, high quality wool. It added instant style to my office! I bought this rug when it was 20% off, which was a great deal. No smell when I unwrapped it. It lays a little bumpy when I unrolled it, but I'm hoping with time and walking on it that it will become flatter. I bought a nonskid pad to go under it which should help. A bonus, the rug is reversible! Which is great, especially since I was worried about the cream stripes. Two minor negatives: the cream color of the rug is more of a very light beige, and the rug isn't very soft under foot. It's a bit itchy. I suspected this would be the case given it's a flat weave 100% wool rug. But, it is something to consider if you plan on sitting on it a lot or have kids crawling all over it.
I bought this for my daughter as part of a housewarming gift. We were both very happy with the quality and how rich and deep the black and white stripes were, very striking and beautiful rug. iIt is exactly what we hoped for, looks heavy but is very light in weight.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
It stays put quite well for being a flat-weave, and is easy to vacuum. That was my biggest concern. Very happy with the rug, wish it came in a bigger size.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality 100% wool rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate