We ordered this rug wanting something neutral and slightly shaggy. Description says pile is 1 inch thick. This may be true, but the actual length of each fiber is 2.5-3 inches and it is made up of several different materials and colors. Primarily tan and cream wool with thin army green and brown polyester threads as well. The rug was well made and I would recommend it for a modern space, but it was not what I expected from the picture or description so we'll be paying $$$ to send it back.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Not exactly
- How is the quality of the product? OK
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? No
Overall this is a solid rug. Would recommend Color/Accuracy: As other reviews have noted, it's not as uniformly colored as the picture suggests. It's not a bunch of uniform beige fibers, it's a mix of individual grey, white, brown and I guess even a few light yellow fibers which give the color of "beige". The product image on my computer shows a slight red/pink hue, this was not seen in the actual product, not sure if that's the actual product image or some setting on my monitor. Also, the length of the fibers is around 2-3 inches as another reviewer pointed out, giving it a much shaggier appearance. Personally I think it looks great. It also feels great too and is wonderful to walk on barefoot. My dark grey tabby cat also loves it, and since it already has a mottled appearance, his shedding won't show. Also the fibers are straight and aren't looped, so his claws won't do any damage either. Yes, i guess it's true that if you pull back the fibers and look you can see a bit of the bare rug weave, but none of this shows normally and it's not like your guests will be on their hands and knees inspecting your rug fibers- at least I hope not!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More grey and white, no reddish he.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Acceptable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Moderate
It is a very good modern looking neutral rug. It adds a nice warm look. However it is hard to clean. Threads are loose and can come off easily. In all it is a nice rug for looks and decor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The site shows lighter beige. This is warmer and darker with dark threads in it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is ok. It is probably not a lasting rug. The threads come out easily
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close, except the color, but it hard to capture the real color of this rug
Love the looks of this rug! But regular wear and tear in high traffic sections of it has really worn down the threading making it almost flat in certain areas. Also, it's hard to vacuum, as you can't use a regular rug attachment on most models.
Wanted a wool shag rug as I've found that wool holds up and is easier to clean than synthetic. Found this one in the color and style I wanted and t a reasonable price. Was surprised at the length of the nap. Description says 1 inch. It is more like 3 in. A really long shag. Still it looks nice, so I kept it. Like most new rugs, there was a lot of fuzz about. But I also noticed there were loose yarns on the hardwood constantly. Again, I thought it was a new rug issue and would lessen once all the loose yarns worked through. It has been on the floor for 2 months now and the problem hasn't lessened. In fact, I found a bald patch in the rug (3 in x 6 in), the edge is starting to unravel and basically, you can grab ANY yarn and give it a tug and it comes out. DO NOT BUY THIS RUG. I contacted Overstock and, even though it is past the 30 day return, they offered to exchange or refund the product. I have ordered many items from Overstock and have never had an issue like this and am very appreciative that they take customer satisfaction seriously and I am not stuck with this rug that I'm afraid will look like a mangey dog before too long.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches, but look at the close up. The bigger photo doesn't show the detail.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Nap is more like 3 in. Definitely not 1 in.
Although the color compared nicely, the picture shows a much thicker and lusher shag than what you see in person. There are bare spots between the threads when running your hand over the rug. For the money, it's a decent rug that seems to hold up well to two dogs, a crawling baby, and vacuuming. I just ordered the rug pag and hoping it adds some thickness and comfort when baby falls down.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to picture color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is holding up well, minimal shedding. Laid flat right away.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? True to it's description.
Great rug. I thought it would be a little more taupe in color than it acutally is. It is more of a tan/beige color with a very slight bit of taupe mingled along with an off white (no yellow undertones!). I love the texture! It has two types of yarn mixed in: a loose twist and a tighter twist with a hint of a sheen to it. Nice quality and handmade in India.