The product photo and description show a light grey center section. The actual color is a darker steel blue grey that has a lot of "dirty" textures running through. The darker grey ends are actually a blackish blue tone. Overall the rug is much cooler toned than shown. There are lots of blues coming through and clashed with my oak floors. It was a good price for the size and quality though. Heavy leather chindi weave that seemed comfortable to walk on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate
overall very happy with the rug! what a steal at this price point! it filled out space very well and works well with our neutral furniture! its very thin & bunches easily without a rug pad, make sure to get one. our pad just came and i havent put it under the rug yet but i assume that it will help. my only complaint is the smell, which lasts a week or two...the first couple of days were tough sitting anywhere near it but of course after that it started to fade.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? on site is more true grey/tan, in person more blue/grey tone- still very nice though
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. for this price quality is very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This is a nice rug. The picture makes the dimensions look off, but the actual product is 8'x10'. The color is definitely not as shown. The black is a pretty solid black, and the grey is more of a dark, metallic turquoise than an actual grey, though the tan is pretty spot on. Still a nice color, I have it on a dark hardwood floor, and it works really well. I would be weary of matching it with anything, though. It isn't the ZOMG THIS RUG IS PERFECT BUY IT NOW!!11!! that other commenters have said, and you certainly can go wrong with buying it for a living room, especially if you rely on accuracy of the color shown. The rug is softer than a low pile rug, like a welcome mat, but harder than most carpets. If you've never felt a leather rug before, it feels like you would expect strips of soft suede to feel. Furniture stays put on it, which also means it's harder to move, so probably not good for a dining room. The surface is a bit uneven due to the large weave, but not enough to affect medium to large pieces of furniture, and not significantly for small pieces. There's a llittle bit of a leather smell right away, but it quickly leaves. This is a tough rug with an interesting texture, just be careful with color and use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not accurate. The rug is much darker than shown. The grey is more of a metallic turquoise. Still nice, just not accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great, softer than I thought it would be given the material. There are a few stray strands, but nothing's falling off.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than color, the description was accurate.
rug arrived quickly and was even better looking in person. couldn't be happier with the rug or overstock.com!! colors of the rug were a little different than the site showed but with leather colors varying , it would be hard to have an exact representation. not at all disappointed but very pleased with the beautiful rug. looks great in the living room (even though it was origanlly purchased for sons dorm room - his loss is our gain). will continue to use and be impressed with O!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more beautiful in person than website showed. couldn't be more pleased with the product or the price!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality rug that will be enjoyed for years.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? "right on" description - well described and shown.
We purchased this and two other room sized rugs for a condo we are furnishing in the desert southwest. The size was narrower than I anticipated but the look is nice and it went well with all the other items purchased for the project through Overstock.com. If you have never purchased items with Overstock, do not hesitate - it is a great source for well priced, quality items for a primary or a second home or vacation home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice leather woven rug for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I didn't know what to expect and had to go by reviews on the other leather rugs and this color way in a smaller size. Wow I am so impressed and happy! I am awfully picky and was expecting to see a $150 quality rug. This rug looks more expensive than that. It has a Hand crafted look to it. Unlike another review, I find the rug textural and more dimensional than I was expecting. It looks like leather and the black section has nice variations of suede and shiny leather (not patent shiny, just a nice sheen). The tan and beautiful slate grey is mainly suede looking. The grey has variations of dark to light which is very nice, adds life to the rug. If it was once color it may look flat as it's the main section. Feels nice under my feet but no cushioning. Exactly what I needed as I have kids. Easy clean, natural, no shedding, subdue colors, great for high traffic area, extremely economical and reversible! Don't need under pad as it stays in place on it's own. Really happy I didn't buy the $500 rug at xxxx, nice but this seems more unique and not so trend orientated.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent hand crafted look
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Love the colors. The gray is actually a soft blue. Fits perfectly under our bed and added warmth to the room. Be aware that the leather smell is VERY strong and we had to hang it outside, to air out, for 4 days before we brought it into our bedroom. Other than that...it is a great rug. We are moving soon and I want to get this same rug in tan & black for our living room.
Was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the rug for such a great price and size. We use it in our living room and for such a high traffic area (and with 2 dogs that shed) it has done very well and vacuums easily. I would say the blue is slightly darker than pictured but still very happy with the product! As others have mentioned, the leather smell is strong for the first week but it has definitely faded with time.
The 8 x 10 rug was a great buy. Size was accurate, center color is more blue as reviewers said, but blue is what I wanted. The tan is brighter than the picture, the black is deep suede black. It looks nice on the light oak floors and has interesting texture. This rug seems tough, so I think it will hold up to the dog and traffic. The variations seem like they will hide dirt and dog hair well. It's definitely not soft, but good for the home office. It vacuums easy. Overall with free shipping an amazing deal.
Rug is definitely worth the money, color is dark navy blue, lighter blue with dark beige. IIt was ordered for a spare bedroom and it covers up most of the the 8x10 room , For the money, you can't beat it, and iI can't imagine it ever wearing out !
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Rug is dark navy blue, lighter blue, and a beige color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. leather woven
I love this rug. I bought the big one for my large living room, some people talked about south western style, but In my opinion It fits in perfectly with my Nautical themed front room. My pillows are all the colors in the rug and it looks great with my model ships and black furniture. Very great rug would recommend to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I thought they were slightly off, but still close and I still love it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality seems like it will hold up well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I bought this rug back in December and I love it. But be warned the grey in the center is a blue not grey at all. And the black is more of a dark blue. It is still a beautiful rug and the colors work for me. But if you are looking for the specific colors in the image you will be disappointed. The quality is excellent. It feels wonderful under my feet and just adds great texture to my living room. If you don't care about the colors being off I highly recommend the rug.