Very happy that I decided to purchase this rug. It was in my shopping cart for a few days while I searched rug stores in my area (NY Metro, no shortage of stores!) It is a great value and 100% wool. Many of the items I saw in stores and other websites cost over $1000 for some sort of polyester/acrylic/man-made fiber. It is luxurious, dense, looks very posh, and feels great to the touch. Nothing like real wool. If you want a shag rug, this is it! Good variety of texture, the yarns are llong and dense. It does need to be fluffed with a light touch of your canister vacuum after unrolling it, but it holds its fluff after that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks just like the photo: warm white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 100% wool, feels good, and long lengths of a variety of wool fibers/yarns.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is labeled as an 8' foot round, but the manufacturer's label on the back of the rug states 7'9". It is close enough to 8' to fit in that category and the fibers do hang over the edge, so if it must be exact it will still be OK.
When the rug first arrived I was really happy except it wasn't as bright of an ivory as I would have liked... looked a little dirty beige. But it was very thick and luxurious so I thought I would give it a chance. After putting it down on the floor it seemed like it needed a little fluffing up as the shag strands are so long that they get matted down if you sit or lay on the rug. So I got the vacuum out and used the vacuum hose to fluff it up and it looked better. You defiinitely cannot vacuum this rug like you would a normal rug. The strands are so long they would get caught in the vacuum. I wanted a rug that would be comfortable to lay on in front of the fireplace so I tested it out and it was very soft and warm but I was horrified to find that I was covered in little white hairs in a matter of minutes. It was like having a shedding dog in the house. My clothes were completely covered in white hairs and they also got all over the couch and after just one day the hairs were all over the house. It was really bad. I regret to say that the rug is being sent back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? was a bit darker, more like an oatmeal color or beige than ivory. Looked a little dirty.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality seemed very good. Very well made rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good, except for color
This was my third attempt to find the right rug at Overstock. I must say, thiird times the charm! Couldn't be happier with it. Color is awesome for my room and the look and feel is superb. Thanks overstock for being so efficient and for accomodating my many changes. Great experience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I've never seen a rug this plush! It is so thick and fluffy! Absolutely love it!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
This rug is absolutely beautiful. It is incredibly thick and luxurious, and the color is a creamy, off white and looks like the photos posted on Overstock. It looks stunning on the tile floor in my family room. The only downside is that the pile is too thick and long to use a vaccuum cleaner with a beater bar. I will be cleaning it with a hand held vaccuum with just the hose nozzle. It is so gorgeous, that I would buy it anyway.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
This is a wonderful rug! Purchased for my daughter's very cosmopolitan and fashion-forward room, it has a gorgeous, plush look matched by an equally luxurious feel. The "pile" is about 4" long. Even before you fluff it up, it's incredibly soft and plush underfoot. We are completely satisfied with the quality of the product, the value and with the service and shipping - extremely efficient process by Overstock!
Beautiful and lush. We put it in on our bathroom floor, it is quite impressive. Don't worry about the style, it is written up as contemporary but our bathroom is Romantic French Country and works great, the color is very neutral, no yellow or ashy undertones. Only one negative, it was double plastic bagged safely but it had a slight mildewy smell that dissipated with a little Lysol spray under it. Still a great deal.
This rug is perfect! Exactly what I wanted and nothing disappointing about it at all. Thick, plush and soft and the color is just as the example showed. You can't beat the price; I went to many stores to compare. I am thrilled, once again, with my Overstock purchase.