I am so delighted to have received such a beautiful and unique piece. After I ordered the rug, I began to have doubts because my sofa collection is dark brown distressed leather, I felt it may be TOO much brown. I was trying to decide if maybe I could hang it on the wall -- Once the rug arrived and I placed it in my Livingroom-- there was no decision-- IT WAS STAYING. WOW-- There are several shades of brown leather weaved together in a fray pattern. This is truly a beautiful piece and the photo in NO WAY does it justice-- I also priced this piece at a gallery--($2500+ and no where near this quality) Thanks Overstock for once again being THE BEST!!!!!!
We've had this for 18 months in the lake house of our basement. It's an amazing buy for the price. I disagree with a previous reviewer on the vacuuming... I vacuum ours regularly (with a cheapie basic vacuum) and have had NO problems with the leather. It actually cleans up remarkably well. Would purchase again without a doubt.
I have ordered a leather rug before from O. That rug is a red leather runner, and we love it, but at first it was kind of hard to walk on barefoot because there were stiff bumps on it. I kept it because I loved the look and color and it is holding up fantastically. The rug has sofened to the feet over time and no longer catches you by surprise! It does need a runner underneath if you don't have furniture over it to hold it down. When I received this particular rug( brown 8 x 11) I walked on it right away ( after taking deep breaths to smell the leather ;)) and it is much softer to the feet than the last one! Yea! Same quality, so I know it will last, just softer! Wish you could see what it looks like in my room.... You would order it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close. My rug has the appearance of a light roast coffee. It's a pretty dark brown, but there are lighter browns weaved in! It is a true brown... not camel, not reddish, not greenish. Would look good w/ any of those colors because it will not clash.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Came in a thick bag and the metal twist tie almost made me go get the pliers. It is a thinner rug, so it is folded in half and rolled. It comes about 3.5 feet long all coiled up. The leather is soft! It feels really good under my feet. Kind of wakes them up, but does not feel hard or stiff. I am very pleased as it will be in my bedroom pulling in the colorado look! It looks awesome! and did I mention the smell? I love the smell of leather, and this has it to a T! The rug is weaved pretty tightly w/ some pretty thick brown string. It looks like it will hold up well. The ends are folded over and sewn, so they have a slightly thicker lip at the ends, but nothing someone would trip over.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The photo does not do the quality justice. Do not be afraid to order this product!
My husband suffers from allergies and I suffer from chemical sensitives. As far as i can tell, there are no nasty glues holding the rug together or a latex backing, which is a huge plus for me because rugs of that sort will trigger migraines (It's just strips of leather woven together). My husband is allergic to wool so that option was out. The only reason I did not give it a 5 is because some of the strips of leather are folded over, creating little bumps which are painful when you step on barefooted. But the size of the rug (it's a HUGE rug for the price!), and the lack of allergens made us keep it. There is a big dose of new car leather smell when you get it but we aired it outside and it seemed to dissipate nicely. It warms up the room and the cold tile floor. It's really heavy so we have not needed to add a skid pad. I definitely think it's worth the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a TINY bit lighter but has no effect on my satisfaction
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems to be well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? really good
I like this rug. It definitely has an interesting look -- I would describe it as a rag-rug style that happens to be made with leather. It did have the leather smell when it arrived, and still does 2 weeks later. But I like it -- smells like a leather jacket. I have mine in the family room which is a good, casual place for it. The rug sits on tile and I have noticed that it moves if the dog is playing but it's not a rug that slips all over the place. I plan to put a skid-free type pad under it, I'd like to put an actual carpet pad under it for cushion but because of the rag-style I'm not sure it would look right. Don't expect it to be smooth underfoot -- it is leather after all, and couple that with the rag-rug style, you're getting something nubby / textured underfoot. Not rough -- just textured. And I'm fine with that because it looks so good. Everyone who has seen it walks into the room and immediately says that it's great or cool or wow. A large rug that looks cool, adds texture, gets lots of complements at an amazing price: Great buy.
The rug is nice but unfortunately the packaging caused a crease in the rug. The rug was folded three times so it could be rolled in a three foot wide roll, taped up and put into a plastic bag. The folding caused a discolored crease, and I am hoping both the crease and discoloration dissipates with time. If not, the rug will have a light colored stripe running through the area rug. The color is not as variegated as I thought it was going to be The rug is almost a solid cocoa colored brown with no real variations. The rug material is much more cotton than it is leather.
First of all, this rug is very unpleasant for the feet, very rough, it hurts to walk on it. The color has faded very much during 1 year use. And the main problem is that it can not be vacuumed. Because leather scraps not connected to each other, vacuum cleaner sucks them separately and forms the holes and badly sticking pieces of leather on the rug. It also very heavy and strong smell of leather stayed a few months. Not only that it's painful to walk, it's also faded and began to look horrible and messy. I do not advise anyone to purchase this rug. I threw it out(.
A huge rug at an excellent price! Went to IKEA first but everything was too small. This is a huge rug at an excellent price. An absolute bargain for a 10 x 8' rug!!! I thought we'd end up spending a fortune. Something different from the normal carpet type rug - woven leather. I'm looking forward to visitors as I think it will be a talking point! It is not as soft as a normal rug obviously - it is woven, and it is made of leather. But it is not uncomfortable to walk on. I bought rug pads to go under as other people have commented on color coming off. I am very pleased with this item and would throughly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
The rug looks nice but it miserable to walk barefoot on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I love this rug but husband can't stand the smell so it is still being aired out on the sunporch. Don't know if or when it will be placed in the family room. May have to put it downstairs in the rec room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is better than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
So glad we ordered this. Looks amazing in our office. And its a great price for the size and quality. LOVE the color. Its very chocolate.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This rug is much darker in person. A Chocolate brown.
This rug looks great in my office!! People always comment on it!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very close!
Love it, but so do my cats!!!!! Does attract a bit of hair. I love the earthy look and feel. Want to get another in a smaller size.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Excellent
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Excellent
I was very pleased with this area rug. It will go perfectly in our newly re-decorated living room. It adds a nice touch of texture to the room. It did have a strong leather smell after being wrapped and shipped but we allowed it to air out for a few days and the smell has almost went away. The only problem I am having is finding a dark enough rug pad to go underneath it because some of it will show through since this is a woven rug. Overall I am very pleased with our purchase! I would buy it again.
This rug is beautiful ! Very exotic with all the different shades of brown leather, lends wonderful texture to the room. I have had it down about two weeks all folds from paking have flattened out and it vaccumes very easily. It is a little thin and light so a litte carpet tape holds it in place nicely.
I was looking for a good rug that would hold up with my kids and dogs but didn't want to spend a fortune. I also wanted something "different" than your normal boring rug for my tv room. This was all i hoped for and more. It's absolutely beautiful and very unique. Colors are deep and rich. Very sturdy as well. bought the mat to put underneath as I have hard wood floors and all fits perfectly. No sliding. Probably could have gotten away w/out an underneath mat but wanted rug to last as long as possible. If I can find this same rug in a round 8x10 I will buy it too!
Great quality for price. Color is not at all the reddish tone seen on the website, however. The predominant color is more black-brown than I was looking for. l still really like the rug - just wish color on website was closer to actual.