I have had this rug for several months and I loved it so much I bought another. It holds up well and is super soft. I have flipped it so as to get even wear but there has been no pulls or snags to date. I have two small boys, two dogs and lots of traffic. It has held up beautifully.
Was nervous about ordering this, as I just bought a couch online and it was a huge disappointment. But I'm very very happy with this purchase! Great size, great pattern, great color. It looked very yellow on my monitor but it's a nice blend of light tans. It's reasonably soft for a jute rug. It's not the most conducive to laying on, but it's fine under bare feet. Many of the issues we have are due to our family lifestyle at the moment. We have a 3 year old, so we spend more time than most up-close and personal with the floor. It gets a great deal of wear in our living room, and it seems like the fibers may be breaking here and there. But I would not see that happening in a medium to light traffic area. Also, it does shed onto other things quite a bit: my daughter's denim bean bag chair, folded laundry, etc. It's enough that you'd want a lint brush if you sat on it and had to leave the house. Excellent value for the price, I would certainly buy again. And just to reiterate: most of the issues we have would probably not occur in a household without very young children.
This rug is a fantastic rug! We use it in our dining room and it looks great on our hardwood floors. We aren't formal people and wanted a more relaxed feel in our dining room. I have been wanting a jute rug for a long time. It's very soft on bare feet and it holds up well with both of our dogs and children. We have even already had a soda spill and it cleaned up with warm water and no stain. I have already had several compliments on the rug and a few of our family and friends have even gone online and purchased one for their homes after seeing it. You also can't be the price. We were looking at other jute rugs and they were 4 times the price. I think we may buy another one for the living room!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much better in person, more of a light wheat color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other then the color being a little lighther (which was preferred)
I have had jute rugs before so I am familiar with them. I was replacing one I'd had for 5 years from ****** that started fraying on the edges. This actually looks better online than when you actually get it. I read the 5 star reviews, which I always read before purchasing. The quality was far inferior than ****** but I guess that's reflected in the price. You get what you pay for and in all honesty, I am spoiled with good quality. I tried to cut corners here and got disappointed. It was way too much for me to arrange to send this back so I kept it. I have had it for about 3 months and now I am getting these nubby ends popping up everywhere. I just keep cutting them and more keep appearing. Also the way the sewing is in the rug is inconsistent. Bottom line, it looks cheap and is not wearing well. I prefer a tighter woven product. I have to say I will probably not ever buy any rug again I haven't seen first. This way if you get something of this size (8 x 10) you're not looking at the daunting task of returning it if you don't like it. Keeping in mind there are only two people living in our house, no pets, no children. I would hate to think how this would never hold up in a high traffic house, but then again any type of area rug similar to this is not good in high traffic.
We all know you can find these jute rugs for a lot more money in certain home furnishing stores, and the quality may be slightly better. But I find that jute is not a long term rug choice so I am happy to have this jute rug for a lot less. This is the second of this rug that I have purchased. The first was in another home, and it held up quite well for several years. This time I bought the larger size. It fits my breakfast area well, and has the look I was going for. However, do be aware that the lines of this rug are not exactly straight. That is to say that there is a bit of a wave along one or two edges. This does not bother me at all as the rug is under a table and it's just not that noticeable. Color is nice, quality is nice, and no weird smell. I did put a non-skid pad under the rug to keep it from moving. May use some double sided tape at the corners to keep it from rolling up. I would buy again and recommend it to anyone considering the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate color depiction
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
Using the 8 x 10 in my dining room. After trying several others, this one was just what I was looking for. The jute is soft on bare feet and vacuums with ease. Gliders on the legs, slide the chairs with ease. It is not perfectly squared off and a little wavey on the edges sometimes but easily smoothed over with walking over it. Great product for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The rug came quickly and rolled out nicely. I am amazed at the craftmanship of this rug! It's soft and sewn together with small threads. The ends layed down right away and it just seemed to flatten out of its own accord. Again, this is a soft rug and is very natural! It had a scent of fresh hay when I first unrolled it, but that faded quickly. Really nice to walk on with my bare feet. This would be a good rug if you want to put your baby down on it to crawl around. It's big and beautiful! Good value for my money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite accurate
I have been looking for this type of rug to replace the traditional wool rug I had in my dining room. Well, after reading the reviews, I took the plunge and very happy that I did. I love the rectangular, braided rug style. To repeat what others have said, the color of the rug consists of varigated, pale straw tones. It is very soft, and demands that a nice tacky rug pad be placed underneath. It did have some *curling*, but that was quickly remedied with a few quick swipes from my steam iron. The only reason that this rug did not get *5 stars* is due to the shape. It is not perfectly rectangular, so you have to give it a few strategic pulls & tugs to get it to look even. I
This is the second of these rugs I've ordered from Overstock and the quality has been consistently excellent. It is soft and you can walk on it barefoot. And the weave is substantial and very good looking. It's about a 1/2 inch thick. We have two big dogs and it has weathered the high traffic very well. I was so pleased with the first one that I ordered a second one for a rental house that we have. Again, the quality was excellent. The only difference was a slight (but negligible) variation in color. It's natural jute so they're not all going to be identical. Overall, I highly recommend this product!
Softer than I thought. Pleasantly surprised and amazed at how much I love this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
For the price, it is a decent rug. But I would pay more to get better quality rug. I don't think this rug will stay for more than a few years. It is too thin, easy to get wiggled and looks cheap. it might work better in sun room or low traffic area like office. I don't think it will work in dining room either.
I bought this rug based on its great reviews. I was not disappointed. It is lovely. My dog loves it too. She rubs her face on it, but has never relieved herself on it. I've gotten nice comments on it too! It's beautiful. Easy on the feet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice thickness to this rug. I've gotten some nice comments on it
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
We have 3 kids and this rug is under our dining room table. It is the perfect size. It hides food crumbs and vacuums up nicely. Perfect rug if you don't have time to fuss over it. My only complaint is that it is not a straight rectangle. It is very crooked. Doesn't bother me too much it does what I need it to but not aesthetically pleasing. I love it though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's a golden tan, less yellow than the website shows. Very pretty color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is good quality for the money. Looks like it will hold up quite well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The websites description from what I remember was correct.
I have bought several jute rugs in the past, even expensive ones from Pottery Barn and this ranks right up there with the best of them. You'll definitely need a rug pad if you use it on hard woods or tile for the slipping but for the price this rug can not be beat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
This rug looked very gold in the picture but after reading some reviews it sounded like the rug looked more tan/beige in person. I decided to order it as it was a great deal especially for this size rug, and am so happy with the color and quality. The rug is not nearly as gold as it looks in the picture, it is more of the natural jute color. The pattern makes it more unique than other jute rugs and I haven't noticed any fraying. I was nervous that there might be strands sticking up but the rug is smooth and comfortable to walk on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Lighter, not as gold
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I searched high and low for a nice jute rug. After reading the reviews I decided to purchase, and it FAR exceeded my expectations. I was worried the pattern on the rug would be too much but it's very subtle. The color is the natural jute like we wanted, the online color looks golden. It only sheds a tiny bit, normal for jute. The cost of the rug was a huge factor, we are thrilled with this rug so far. It's a thinner jute, but that's what we wanted under our table. The chairs haven't snagged the fibers and it's used daily. Very soft on the feet. Very very happy with this purchase. First online rug purchase from Overstock and won't be the last. Had a slight odor to it the first few days but then went away.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is more natural jute than it appears online, very happy with the color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We wanted a thinnger rug for under the table and this far exceeds the quality I was hoping for.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I was a little worried about the quality of the rug considering the lower price but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. It looks great in my dining room on the wood floors. I probably would not use the rug in a high traffic area but in the dining room it works perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate