I'm very pleased with the rug. Pet fur doesn't show up so obviously on this rug as it does on dark rugs. The color is slightly different than my monitor shows. It's actually a neutral beige with some variation, but it doesn't have a yellow or peachy undertone like I thought it might. The rug is about 1/4" thick. I also like it because it provides sort of an optical illusion - it makes my room seem bigger. The rectangular braiding pattern seems like it's expanding outward at you.
This is a nice rug, but the "jute" used isn't like what you see in the more expensive versions of this style... it's more like braided hairs and doesn't hold up to wear and tear very well. Next time I'll spend the extra $ and get something that is more heavy duty.
GORGEOUS RUG! I purchased this rug because I had read jute/sisal rugs are great for cat owners. While I haven't been able to review that aspect of things, I will tell you that the rug is BEAUTIFUL. It looks much, much better than the picture. It has been laid on my floor for over a week now, and it's lying flat. It's partially under a couch. If it was not, I would need an anti-skid grippy rug underneath for sure. Incredibly hapy with the neutral simplicity of this rug. I will probably order more in different sizes for the rest of my space. The only con I can manage to summon is that my feet are rather sensitive (remember those sandals with all the little bumpies on the sole? Those were very painful for my feet), and the weave of this rug is just a *little bit* on the hard side, but this is more of an accent rug than one I stand on frequently, so not a dealbreaker - I'd rather this than a looser weave that falls apart!
I purchased this rug a year ago. I have pets and was tired of having them ruin my rugs. I wanted something inexpensive and natural. After dog sitting for a friend, I thought this rug was ruined. My friends dog was not house broken. I took the run outside and blasted it with a hose. I then proceeded to leave it out in the sun for two weeks. I thought for sure it would be unusable after that. Much to my surprise it held its shape and looked as good as new. The natural jute can withstand pet urine and more. It cleans, its easy to vacuum, and it keeps it shape. You can't beat the value.
I was looking for a stylish 5x8 area rug to protect the new bamboo floors in our kitchen. After much research, I saw a rug that caught my eye on h****.com and set out to locate it for purchase. I was thrilled to find it for a great price on overstock.com. The order/delivery process was smooth, as always. The only observation is that the rug smelled musty when we took it out of the plastic wrapping. However, after a few days on our floor the smell dissipated. In spite of the rich and nubby texture that I love, the rug is soft underfoot and we get tons of compliments for people who visit the house. Thank you overstock!
I had no idea what this weave rug would look like. When it arrived, I was very happy. It is a great rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The weave is tight and pleasant under my dinningroom set.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site info waserfect.
Good looking rub in good condition. Clean and comfortable to walk on. Nice price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Nice quality rug. Soft underfoot. Attractive design. Easy to vacuum. Its in the living room and I am getting lots of compliments. Provides a nice cool clean look. Appears to wear well. I am very pleased with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
The rug is soft yet durable. It is softer under the feet than sisal and this is why it is the second jute rug that I have ordered from Overstock. It's a great choice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is exactly as shown on the website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is excellent. This is my 2nd jute area rug from Overstock. Highly recommend them.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Great value for the money and it looks great. A little lighter in color in person that shown in the picture. Definitely need a rug gripper underneath to stop from sliding or slipping when you step on it. The rug is very soft and comfortable to walk on.I have had the rug a few months and it still looks great. I vacuum it with the floor attachment of my vacuum so as not to break the weave. I can see traffic patterns starting in certain areas, I've read that rotating the rug will help with this. No buyers remorse with this rug !
I needed something inexpensive for my dining area, that I wouldn't worry about spills or the cat. It sheds a little bit (but nothing crazy), and is a good value. I have it on under a dark brown table and modern moulded plastic white and chrome chairs, and it warms up the space.
This rug is beautifully handcrafted and looks great in our living rooms under the coffee tables. I purchased 6 of them as we have 6 homes here at Fisherman's Cove. Our owners love them, they really make the home look so good.I felt they were purchased at a great price. Overstock .com is great! They always have great quality items at a fraction of the original cost. I would definetly recommend to a friend.
Great rug has gone through some abuse and is holding up well!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
For the price this rug is great. This is the 3rd rug i have purchased from overstock and I will continue to do so. It came within 4 days of purchase and laid flat right away. No one can beat overstock's price/quality for rugs! I'm buying all my rugs on here now. Plus for the price of rug under dining room table you can't be upset if someone spills or ruins it, if i spent $500 on my dining room rug at other stores and it was ruined i would be so upset! So just buy the rug stop thinking about it!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better in person, more of a natural color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality is great. It's underneath my dining room table so i don't have to worry about it slipping or moving but if not under weight of table would need slip mat under
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the weave is slightly off (not in exact straight lines) but nothing that bothers me much