This rug is an absolute steal! The quality and attention to detail on this piece is impeccable for the money you're paying. It's a very neat way to incorporate a metallic accent (silver) and texture (black bamboo) into your room. The edges are finished and seamed with black canvas like border. The rug itself is black bamboo (very sturdy). And the picture really doesn't do it justice at all. It actually distorts it. The silver on the rug comes from a metallic silver thread which is used to create a pattern in the piece by weaving it throught the black bamboo slats. The pattern is best described as a checkered pattern, alternating a dominate black square with thin ribbons of metallic silver weaved through it. The other checkered square is predominately covered in the silver metallic thread leaving thin ribbons of the black bamboo peaking through.I bought the larger of the 2 sizes and still can't believe that I got it for under $100. I know this rug will last awhile. Its well made, looks very expensive, and is contemporary.Don't be afraid to check it out. Awesome buy!
This rug is awesome....we used it under our dining room table which is dark tempered glass with steel frame and White dining chairs. It looks very good with this contemporary dining set! We even were lucky enough to find matching place mats at Marshall's! The description on web may be a little misleading, "black cream" the cream threw me off.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
It actually had all small squares opposed to the picture with the larger rectangles in the center. That worked in our case as the rug could not be centered in the room. It looks great
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? looks more silver and black
Great Value! I'm glad I read the other reviews. It a very nice silver and black checked pattern. Does the Job and not too expensive to replace when my thugs destroy it. I would buy a pad for cushion.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks like the Picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not Beige and Black, Sliver and Black almost checkered
Didn't like this at all when it came in. The images didn't really portray this very well. Quality was just OK. Threw it out after less than a year.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Image doesn't portray high contrast
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I wouldn't describe this as black cream
This rug is very pretty and goes well with my grey sofa and black leather chairs which I also bought from overstock. It seems to be holding up well. I have two cats and do not notice any of the threads coming loose. It is black and silver like others have stated.
This is a nice rug/mat but it is not black and cream, it is black and silver. The mat is black and the silver is actually threads woven through the bamboo. I have dogs so I am not sure how the threading is going to hold up with their nails running around on it, but the price was good so we will see. A few of the threads were already frayed when it arrived but on the whole, it was in pretty good shape. It is quite nice looking as long as the colors are what you are going. for.
This is a great rug for the price. It is very modern looking, much nicer than it appears in the picture. It has a slight sheen to it, easy to vaccum and appears to be very well made. It took a few days to lie flat (as most rugs do), otherwise I have no complaints except I wish I had ordered one size larger!