I bought this rug shortly before Christmas 2012 for my dining room. It was the perfect price and exactly what I wanted. However, a few days before my family arrived for Christmas Eve dinner, my dog had an accident on the rug (overnight). When I discovered it in the morning, it was already dry, so I tried to dampen it and wipe it to no avail. I tried Woolite spray cleaner and even used the hair dryer, per the label. I now have an ugly stain on one corner of the rug, about 12 x 12 that WILL NOT COME OUT! Although the rug was really nice and exactly the price I wanted to spend at this time, I am now thinking I will have to throw it out. Too bad! I don't recommend this rug for any house hold with children or pets! UGH! Maybe this should be put in the product description.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact description
I have had this rug for a few months now. I thought it looked good--maybe a little like an outdoor rug, but good enough for what I was going for in my dining room. After a dog we were watching for a friend had an accident on the rug, our dog has now chose this rug two or three times to go to the bathroom (#1) on. IT WILL NOT COME OUT! It will not sop up, get clean, nothing! Yellow stains so gross no matter what I put on it, and I tried to use a gently cleaner I use on my carpets and it left a huge bleach-like stain. I don't know what else to do. I think I just have to throw the rug away now.
I JUST RECEIVED MY RUG THAT ORDERED ONLY 3 DAYS AGO!!! IT IS LOVELY AND I AM ,MORE THAN SURPRISED AT THE QUALITY!! I LOVE IT!! IT IS LAYING DOWN FINE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ONE CORNER BUT EVEN THAT IS NOT BAD. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I BOUGHT THIS RUG IT IS BEAUTIFUL!
I thought I was getting the same rug that I had previously purchased but this one is flimsy by comparison. The finish of the fabric is dirty looking also. I would have sent it back but I had an even at my house and didn't have time to look elsewhere.
wanted to use this rug in our sunroom which is also our playroom. the rug looked great on the floor but was not appropriate for our family with young kids to sit down on and play together. It left marks and indentions on skin. I thought if felt great underfoot though, almost like a hard massage. This would have worked better if I was going to use it somewhere we were never going to try and sit down on it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice quality. great for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The rug was OK considering it was made in China. The quality was typical Chinese and the sewing on the border was mediocre at best. The cotton border is pretty thin and I expect it probably won't last very long. One corner of the border refuses to lay flat no matter what I've tried. This rug would be OK to use in a basement playroom or a covered patio or something but I wouldn't recommend it for use in a living room or dining room. I'm using mine in my kitchen and it's OK but I expect it won't last more than a year or so.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is mediocre
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate in that the description didn't address quality.
As opposed to many other reviews I am using this rug as a kitchen rug. I replaced a 5x8 sisal rug with this jute one. It has a rubber coated underside that works well with tile floors. We have never really had that hard a time removing stains, simple water and a cloth usually does the trick. For this rug I treated with 2 cans of dupont stainmaster carpet protector ($10 a can) as a preventative measure. It is near the back door and hides the incoming dirt well. There are pits in the weave and if a deep spill occurs it would be hard to remove, but for the price its worth it. Our last sisal rug lasted about 6 years. We also have a dog and I must say the black border does collect a lot of visible dog hair, the rug does not show dog hair. Corners have taken a while (week or so) to lay flat and still have a little bend to them. I would not be afraid to use this rug in the kitchen, like all kitchen rugs it will not last forever and for the price its replaceable after a few years. Have received many nice comments on it and would recommend to others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Love the rug, it's gorgeous and would recommend this to everyone. I am very picky too. So definetly buy it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This rug was exactly what I have been shopping for.....at a better price! Love Overstock prices and shipping. S/H only $2.95 and arrived at my door very quickly!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I purchased this rug for the den. It definitely isn't soft and cushy under bare feet, but that is to be expected considering what it is made out of. It has a distinctive smell that has lessened with time. I think this would be a great rug for under a dining room table, because it wouldn't show spills or crumbs.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Seems to be very sturdy.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Visually this product is beautiful, simple and elegant. I loved the look and the durability in terms of physical wear and tear, holds up extemely well. I would not suggest this rug with children due to the fact that there is virtually NO WAY to remove any spill of ANY KIND. It soaks into the weaving and leaves nasty stains. So althought it is gorgeous and worked extremely well under our dining room table, it will need to be replaced on a regular basis until kids older since any spill is there to stay. The cost is so reasonable that
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? The quality was good in terms of longevity and holding up well physically, but it is virtually impossible to wipe ANY stains up.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes, I think it was an accurate desciption of the product
Exactly what I expected based upon the reivews I read before purchasing. Very nice, good quality, fast shipping, great price. The edge of the rug is still a little curled and it's been a couple of weeks but it doesn't bother me because that edge is against my wall anyway. It's not a big or bothersome curl and it'd probably flatten out if I put some weight on it. As a side note, before you use spot cleaner on this rug - DO A SPOT TEST! I tried to remove a stain with spot remover and it bleached the sisal. (the spot cleaner didn't say it contained bleach either.) Overall I'm very satisfied with this purchase though.
This rug is perfect for my husband's study. No complaints at all. The rug is exactly what I wanted and I did shop around before I ordered it on-line. There is no smell like some others complained of. The shipping was great and it was delivered to my front door. In five minutes I had the rug on the floor myself. So much easier than running around shopping for an odd size rug, carrying it to my car and then into my house. I love this rug!