Just got the rug and overall it's a great buy. I'd give it 4.5 stars if I could. White is cream, not true white white, and overall the rug feels more light than dark. As other reviewers noticed, there is a slight chemical smell upon opening, but it's not bad and I think it will dissipate entirely in the next week or so. The pile is plush, but not New Zealand or Tibet plush. 8x10 in this pattern feels huge. Kind of wish I had chosen the 8' Round, but you absolutely can't beat the price or the service if you're in the market for a big rug (or any rug on this site for that matter!). Thanks, Overstock!
aired it out for 5 days, smells like cat spray, for the return the ups guy left and came back for it at the END of his day after one whiff. the gray/black was spotted in the ivory area, but who cares, it stunk so badly that the retinas in my eyes were melting...run like the wind and go spend the money with a reputable dealer...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. uugh
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? they left out the words "smells like a ferrel cat colony"
ODOR HORRIBLE AND CAUSED RESPIRATORY ISSUES FOR EVERYONE IN HOME. WITHIN 20 MINUTES OF OPENING THE RUG THE ENTIRE HOUSE SMELLED LIKE A SKUNK SPRAYED AND IT IS NOT GOING AWAY. THE RUG IS NOW OUTSIDE AND STILL SMELLS TERRIBLE. THIS IS A MESS A TRULY DISAPPOINTED THAT OVERSTOCK WOULD SHIP SUCH A TERRIBLE CHEMICAL SMELLING PRODUCT INTO MY HOME KNOWING THEY HAVE HAD SEVERAL RETURNS FOR THE SAME ISSUES. LOVE THE LOOKE AND FEEL OF THE RUG BUT THE SMELL IS DANGEROUS AND UNBEARABLE.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Upon opening the rug we also noticed an odor. Against our better judgement, we opened the rug entirely and placed in our dining room. Within 20 minutes the entire house smelled like it had been sprayed by a skunk and now we are in a mess!!!! we have now taken the rug outside and still can't get the odor out of the house. DO NOT PURCHASE THISE RUG. Woke up this morning with respiratory distress and this is unacceptable for a company to ship a product with such a horrible chemical smell. I even called and they have had several returned due to the odor and still charged me and sent it to me.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is the best patterned rug I have found. I compared some custom rug samples and this is just as nice as the way more expensive ($***) 8x10 custom rugs. Yes- it shed and had a strong smell for the first week, but I vacuumed a couple times and walked over it with hard-bottom slippers to get it to shed more so I could vacuum it up. I've had it for almost 3 weeks now and the smell and shedding is gone! I have it in my dining room and LOVE it! Not as super bright snow-white as the pic shows, but the soft white looks better with the black. Can't beat the price.
I researched about 10 other wool zebra print rugs in my search, ranging in price from $1200-$2500 in this size. I ordered this one on a whim and was pleasantly surprised at its quality. The thickness, material, pattern and style were identical to another rug I had picked out for about $1800. It'll need a good vacuum after putting it down but overall it was in ideal shape. I'm hoping to get several years out of this rug, until my next redesign!
My rug arrived today!! Thick, rich in color: ivory and deep black! No smell...it smells like wool, no stains, and yes it sheds; it is wool...it should, and will for awhile....anyone who knows wool for carpet will testify to that...wool wears like iron! It is gorgeous....so, so happy!! Great buy for the money....looks like a 1500.00-2000.00 area rug! Highly recommend to anyone in search of a zebra print...It's beautiful!! Thanks, Overstock!! ;)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as descibed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Awesome rug!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on....100% accurate!!
Carpet is wonderful, only thing they sent it with a slight stain, but I didn't worry about that much
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent and nice and heavy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I am in love with this rug. I ordered it with the expectation of the smell all the reviews talk about, but I didn't have that problem at all. There is a problem with shedding, but that's nothing a vacuum can't fix. And that's to be expected with any new rug. I would definitely recommend this to someone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The white is a little bit cream colored
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
The rug speaks for itself.....truly love it! Bad smell right after it was unpacked, but the smell disappeared in a day. This is a "BEST BUY".
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to description.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exactly what I expected and even more.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Every detail was just as described.
I am very pleased with my purchase. The rug arrived quickly and is a nice rug for the money. It did not have a bad smell and the shedding hasn't been anymore than I would expect with a new wool rug. The actual size of the rug is a few inches smaller that stated.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes - It's a true black and off-white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description matched the product.
From other reviews, it seems to be a hito-or-miss situation with this rug in terms of the shedding problem. It is beautiful and thick, but unfortunately mine was the shedding kind. Everytime I vacuum, the dust bin is still filled so much, and I have vacuumed at least 5 times. Still, thick, 100%wool, good color balance and movement of the pattern. I like it very much in my room. I like the fact that lighter part is not too white. It is more cream and hides dirt much better. I would hesitate to recommend to friends because of the shedding problem, but I am still happy with my purchase.
I just reveived my zebra rug today. Upon opening the rug, my husband and I noticed an awful mildewy smell. as if someone wet it and it didn't get a chance to dry. I hoping this smell we go away in a few days. The rug is absolutely wonderful it looks great. Not very happy about the shedding. I just got it vaccumed and uugghh the black is shedding into the white color and vice versa. I will post another comment in 30 days..
Love this rug! It was a great deal for how big it is! It is very thick, comfortable, and looks great! It does shed a little bit but not enough to bother me, as long as I vacuum every couple days it's fine. Also the shipping was so fast it was here within 2 days!
Ordered this rug when I decided to replace carpet with hardwood downstairs. Once I rolled out the rug I knew I'd made the right choice, it was stunning with crisply detailed zebra pattern. The black is very black and the white is a linen/cotton? color, it's not a darker beige like I feared. Zero smell thus far, one bit of fuzz shedded, man it's lovely :)
I read a lot of reviews of different rugs before choosing this particular one, and I'm happy with the results. The size is accurate, and the rug itself is very thick and luxurious. One caution is that the rug pattern includes far more ivory than the image presents. I expected a more even amount of ivory and black from viewing the images, but the difference didn't matter in my room. There is no funky smell in the rug, and it unrolled well- no lasting spring back. I have not noticed any significant shedding, either.I think this is a good quality product, and you can't beat the price, or the shipping!