I bought this rug along with a comforter to update the decor in my daughter's dorm room. She liked it but had trouble cleaning it and after several weeks put it in storage because the white had muddied to gray. I don't know if this is just shedding, or if it is not colorfast. I will retrieve it when I can and clean it properly, as I love the look of the zebra stripes. This is a tentative positive review, therefore.
Great looking at first. Then the black starts to bleed onto the white. Now the rugs look grey and black. Tried professionally shampooing, which made it worse. :(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. looked great at first but white parts turned grey very quickly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I have used this rug at my front door for over 3 years and it has held up amazingly well! I do recall (like other reviews) that it had a bit of a smell when I first opened it, and that I had to vacuum it a couple of times before it stopped shedding, but after that, it has been a fantastic statement piece in my home. It is tightly woven and very good quality!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
I am so happy I made this purchase. It was a bold move for me to consider a zebra rug for my sitting room/office but now that it is in place, it is the perfect piece. The rug is plush and thick, the pattern is great, and it is very easy to keep clean. If you want a fun, different look, this is the rug for you.
I searched high and low for a zebra that I wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg (which zebra rugs seem to be running). This rug was very nice and well represented by the description. It's soft yet heavy and thick--I can vacuum w/o it getting sucked up or scooting much. The rug shipped quickly and cleanly and was still afordable (under $100 for a 3x5). It was JUST what I was looking for. Thanks!
I bought these rugs as a "Wow" statement in my long entry way and they certainly accomplish that. They are lush, heavy and wonderful to stand on (my dogs love them too). I would recommend these to anyone who can pull off the beauty of the design. They are full of loose fibers and really need to be vacuumed thoroughly and the black does sort of fade at times into the white but the heavy vacuuming helps that alot. I had to use new and a heavier rug pad to keep the rugs from slipping under your feet. I really love them and a decorator friend of mine really oooohhh and aaaahhh when she saw them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent description of product
I can deal with the minor issues because it is a small rug. If I purchased a larger rug to make a more dramatic statement, the imperfections would probably drive me crazy enough to return it. All in all, it has a nice pattern, off white and black and a nice thickness.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice area rug although not perfect. The finishing work on one edge could be better and it does not appear as a completely straight cut.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I am always pleased with my purchases from Overstock.com, the rug I purchased is great, the quality is perfect and the size fits perfect in my bathroom where I decided to use the rug. I have completely change my decor to black and white zebra strips accessories. I just love this rug.