I purchased this rug in 2010 and when it arrived, it looked great but had a foul odor that seemed to dissipate after a couple of months. In the last two months, however, the rug has begun emitting a horrible smell - like a chemical burning smell - that gives me and my children a terrible headache and instant nausea whenever we enter the room. Upon researching online, it seems that many rugs sold on Overstock have this odor due to the faulty manufacturing methods and disintegrating latex backing. Overstock will not accept a return for the rug OR give me a refund, so I have no choice but to throw it out. I have wasted $*** and Overstock has lost a long-time customer. Beware when buying any rug from Overstock as you could be putting your family at risk! They do not stand behind their products and they don't care about making families ill. A Google search will tell you all you need to know!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fine for a short time, then began emitting a noxious odor that caused migraine headaches and nausea. Overstock will not accept a return.
I loved the rug until I noticed it sheeding. So I vacuum it alot in hopes that would help. But when the kids where on it playing video games the pile started rolling out, leaving handfuls of fibers all over it. We picked up those handfuls and vacuumed it twice in 2 hours. I'm not sure if it's ever going to quit shedding. has anyone else's ever quit?
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color was fine
- How is the quality of the product? thought it was good until it started shedding really bad.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
When I saw hand tufted rug in the add I was excited. I assumed along the lines of a high-end loomed rug, Persian, Karastan etc... While it be hand made, one can only surmise that is because someone had to put the wall-to-wall carpet pieces together. I was very disappointed to see what truly appeared to be wall-to-wall carpet put together; not at all what I was expecting in finish, look or feel. Returned straight away to continue my search for a nice, high quality rug.
The quality of this rug is second to none! The pile is thick and I got it 2 days after I ordered it! You have to vacuum often but after a few go arounds, it stops shedding. I would HIGHLY recommend purchasing this rug. I waited over a month for it cause it was backed ordered and it was well worth the wait. The picture truly does not do it justice.
I just received this goregous rug for my dining room and I couldn't be happier. The quality is superior. The price is right and if you didn't know better, you'd think I paid more than double what I did pay. The colors are exactly as shown online and gives just enough "punch" to my open dining room without being too overstated. I received less than 5 days after ordering. So quick and easy! I would HIGHLY recommend this rug to others as well as ordering from Overstock. I would definitely purchase another rug from this site in a heartbeat!
Great value! Shopped locally and online for similar rugs, best price for 100% wool rug I have found. Rug looks great, I have received many compliments. The rug continues to fuzz, as wool rugs do, hopefully it will stop doing so soon. Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase.
This is a fantastic area rug for our living room! It was meant to be a statement piece and it sure stands out beautifully. As we were aware from other reviews regarding wool rugs, there is some shedding at the beginning but nothing that cannot be fixed with a vacuum. The pile is ~1" thick and fairly dense. The colours are a chocolate brown and light taupe as the picture on overstock shows. I only wish the taupe part was a little darker but other than that - it's perfect!
I got the rug a couple of weeks ago, and did not open it until Saturday because we were repairing the wood floor after taking down a wall. When I finally got to open it, I was not disappointed at all. It is in my dining room under the dining table and it adds so much "flavor'' to the room. Even my husband likes it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close, love the color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug's quality is very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I placed the rug in my diningroom and the size is adequate for my table and chairs pulled out. I also purchase a 5x8 for my great room but wish I had bought the larger one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The background color has somewhat of a hint of grey to it but overall I'm satisfied.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is thick (nice).
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat
The rug is thick and soft and holds up well. It sheds quite a bit when new and needs to be vacuumed 4-5 times before the shedding goes away.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is a little off from the photo. As someone mentioned, the tan has a bit of grey tone to it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We purchased this rug in a different color for another room. Liked it so much that we purchased this color.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The rug is exactly as described!! Its tan with brown stripes. A great twist on the black and white zebra look. Don't be intimidated. Its not really tacky. My husband was scared but in the end complimented my choice. Beware...wool rugs do a lot of shedding. Kid/pet friendly too. Just make sure to scotch guard the hell out of it first.