This rug is beautiful but very uncomfortable to sit on, so I would recommend it as more decorative than functional. We bought it for a baby's nursery because of the colors, and it looks great. Unfortunately, it's so scratchy and rough that a baby won't be able to crawl around on it comfortably.
I like the rug a lot, my only complaint is the sheding it did for the first few weeks, but I think that is too be expected with a wool rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice rug, just shedded for a couple weeks, but is fine after several vaccums
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The rug was exactly as described except for one thing - the color is darker than it appears which was perfect for me in the end. However, it does shed a lot in the beginning (took 3 or 4 vacuums to get most of it to stop). It is comfortable to walk on but since I put it in my baby's room it is rather painful to kneel on with bare skin. Overall a very decent product but again it sheds and is darker than the photo leads you to believe.
I have multiple dogs and cats that destroy rugs with the things they do, Ha. With the way the colors meld...dirt tracked in from outside doesn't show after vacuuming. Spit up from hair balls doesn't show after cleaning. The only thing that does show is when I haven't cut their nails and they sharpen on the carpet. The first rug that I bought was the true yellow tones and loved it. It did not shed. The next 2-3 did shed terribly but, it was worth it for the reasons above. This newest rug ...is not shedding.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little more mustardy than I like but, very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent now
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This rug looks great, if you are putting it an area with low traffic and only feet coming in contact with it- buy away. But be warned, it sheds like crazy! It fills my entire canister every time I vacuum, which must be daily. Huge clumps come off constantly and are all over my house. My kids, clothes, and dogs are covered with these course, yellow fibers and now our laundry is too. The color also rubs off on clothing, which is really dingy looking. Horrible choice for a living room- I am getting rid of it and buying another rug after less than a month. A total waste of money and resources to even make this garbage.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not as bold, but close enough
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the shedding is completely unbearable, I am getting rid of it less than a month after purchase. A total waste of money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
This rug was a really big disappointment. It's a really dull gold, not the bright yellow of the photos. It was shedding for months after we got it. It's now in our spare room, not the living room like we hoped, and it'll eventually go into the basement. Blech.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sheds like crazy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? inaccurate
Reading the other reviews, I was not surprised that the color of the rug was more toward a mustard yellow. What I didn't expect was that the middle sections aren't off-white or pale yellow, they just look very dirty beige. Everyone who has seen the carpet had the same comment, "It looks dirty." Disappointing response to get for a new rug. The stripes are not as easily distinguishable as the photo. Strangely, the carpet looks better when viewed from the adjacent room than from the room where the rug is located.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not a great depiction of the true colors. The rug is much duller.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is nice quality, and feels nice to walk on, but it does shed a great deal resulting in gold dust everywhere
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The rug was as described, except the colors are not accurate.
This is a lovely rug, and the price can't be beat. I found the colors to be very true to the online photo - yes, the outside stripes are mustard and the middle stripe is beige. If you are looking for a rug with very bright and vibrant yellows, you may want to look elsewhere. The yellows in this rug are more subdued and neutral. The only complaint I have is that the rug does shed a whole lot. We have had it for several weeks now, and I vacuum it at least once a day (we vacuumed it many times the first day when we unrolled it). Each time I vacuum, I pick up another full container of fibers, and can still rub the rug with my fingers and get another handful of fibers. However, this is a relatively minor inconvenience that I assume has to cease at some point! Great rug, well worth the price.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes.
- How is the quality of the product? Quality is very good, although it does shed quite a bit.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes.
This rug does not have the bright yellow hue as in the picture. It has muted beige tones and mustards, and the third stripe has a greenish hint to it. I've had it for 5 months and it is still shedding. It fills up the vacuum every time. The fibers are on everything. It might be good in a low traffic area. It's been in the living room, but I'm going to get rid of it because of the shedding.
I just purchased my 3rd rug! We have many animals...the damage from cat and dog spots can no longer be removed with spot removers or cleaning. So, we purchase a new rug every few years. The rug does have to be vacummed many times before it quits shedding which is the only reason it is 4 stars. The 2 rugs I have used already have been soft...the rug does not curl up on the edges...it lays flat. It is under a breakfast table and works with my kitchen....it reads with all of the colors as a great yellow.
This is a nice rug, especially for the cost. Beware the colors are closer to a brown/mustard yellow and the center bands are closer to a sand or beige than what appears on screen. This rug works well with any earth or cool tones but would clash with bright reds. Overall a great rug.