I bought this 8" round rug and the matching 7'6'' X 9'6'' for my kitchen and family room. I just love them! This rug sits on a tile floor, I have not used a rug mat and it does not shift. When I laid the rug out on the floor the edge that was rolled up the tightest did not lay flat immediately, but by the next morning it was completely flat. It is a heavy thick rug, very well made, I have not noticed any shedding. The two main colors are rich chocolate brown and sage. In the design there is rust, creme and a very small amount of peacock blue. I am not a blue person at all, but this is a very small amount of blue and the color is amazing, it all works beautifully together. The colors are very much true to the picture, very warm and rich, not in-your-face bold and bright. My daughter thought I had bought these at *** . I am so pleased and very happy with my choice.
This is a beautiful rug. However I agree with previous customers that when vaccumed, the rug sheds like crazy! I have to unplug my vaccum filter several times just to sweep the rug. If it did not shed so badly, this rug would receive an excellent rating.
I really wish overstock could do a better job of representing the true colors of a rug. There is another site that provides the general picture as does overstock, but they also include up to 15 other shots of the rug on a floor in what appears to be a real home. The colors are much more true so that one has a better idea about how the rug will look in person. If overstock could manage to do this, they would probably have fewer returns on rugs. Had it not been for the outer boarder of this rug, I would have kept it. Ordered two others and if they don't work, everything goes back. Very disappointing because overstock has the best prices, but if the product doesn't work, you're better off continuing to look into the stores on the weekend so you can see before you buy. I don't want to even think about the cost to return all three!
I am very pleased with the purchase of this product. It is always hard to purchase something online because you never know if the color is going to be right or not. I have purchased a rug before and have been horrified by the color but not so with this rug. This rug is exactly what I was looking for and matches my decor perfectly. I couldn't be more pleased!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product once I received it was exactly what I was I expecting. The rug is the perfect thickness to go under my table and still allow my chairs to roll.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The on site description of the product was very accurate.
I am so very happy with the purchase of this rug. As others have mentioned, it does shed a little, but I expected this. It is a perfect match for our purposes and really sets off our dining room. It arrived in a timely manner. I bought it during a rug sale and was happy to receive an additional discount on top of Overstock's low price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color on site was representative of actual product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is wool...the quality is excellent!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This rug shed excessively. I've had it two weeks now and just spent 2 hours taking apart my vacuum cleaner for the 3rd time to remove material shed from this rug. This time I had to take the hoses outside and force the material out with a jetstream of water! Every time I vacuum, the vacuum cleaner plugs up. I've removed at least a 30-gallon garbage bag of material. I wonder just how much can come out without the rug completely disintegrating! I'm very, very (!!) sorry I made this purchase!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is muted...not as rich as I anticipated
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
I purchased this area rug for my breakfast nook. It rests on mesquite hardwood flooring and the colors look fantastic with al the natural medium wood tones in my kitchen. The pile is dense and feels very good to bare feet. We have a 48" table with 4 chairs on top of it and the size is perfect for this setup. Expect to see some extra shedding for the first few weeks, which can be managed with extra vacuuming. The rug lay perfectly flat after about 3 days on the floor, but even on the first day it was good except for a little cur ling at one edge. The colors are rich but a little muted - not overly intense, so it adds to the decor without overwhelming the room, which is exactly what I like in an area rug. I would definitely recommend this rug to others, and I might buy another one for my dining room if I can find a large enough size. I wouldn't say this is the absolute top quality rug available, but the price point reflects that, and I am very pleased and satisfied with the workmanship. It was shipped promptly from Overstock (as usual) and was properly wrapped. If I were shopping and choosing a rug again, I would pick this one! You will be pleased with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fairly true to color. Sage green is quite prominent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, above what I expected at this price point
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate. I feel I received what I expected.