I Loved this rug when I saw it online. I have a grey slate fireplace wall and thought that the rug would work great for a neutral backdrop to add some splashes of color to the room. I loved this rug even more when I first unrolled it. However under certain conditions you can really see a purple cast to the rug and it is not a pure grey. Even in the natural light there is a hint of purple showing through. I really want this rug to work so I am going to try some other types of light bulbs, but I am not sure it is going to stay. I wanted to post this review ASAP so other people would know about the potential color problem.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? There definately is a pink-purple color to it - not a true grey. Looks more grey with natural light.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love the design and the rug feel nice underfoot. No significant pilling/shedding - but then again I just unrolled it yesterday.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great - except again for the subtle color change
The carpet is beautifully made and very plush. Shedding is minimal and you can tell it is a quality product. Unfortunately, I should have listened to the other reviews as it is VERY purple in any other light than muted sunlight. In direct sunlight, or any time a lamp is turned on it is purple. Not just purple...PURPLE! I would send it back, but It would be too much of a pain. The carpet looks and feels much more expensive than what I paid, but if you are looking for a true charcoal rug and not a purple rug, do not make this purchase. Five stars for quality, 1 star for color so I rated it average. Overstock, please don't mislead people any longer with this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NO
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautifully made and plush
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Except the color
My hesitation for giving this an excellent is that I don't really have any other rugs to compare it to. It looks nice, is comfortable to walk on. The color is good. I'm not sure what you really judge a rug on!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It almost has a tinge of purple, but that may be because it's next to our darker gray couch
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice tuft, very comfortable to walk on