After reading some reviews I was worried about the color of the carpet as some said it had some shade of blue. Not at all, you get what you see on the screen - the quality is very good, the carpet is very thick and your feet just melt inside when you walk on - the only down side (but that's for all carpets) is that because it is thick, anything you place on top will mark (coffee table, ottoman). The design is really beautiful and it fills my room wonderfully - it is so nice that I don't even want to put a table on top and hide it - I need a new table with glass top!
Love this rug! It is not blue at all, I am not sure where others have gotten the blue comment from. It is a very nice gray, nearly a charcoal gray...but not quite that dark. It is definitely a shade darker than what appears on my monitor. The vine design is actually a light cream color, not white. The rug is very soft and plush...it feels great to walk on! The measurments in the description are true to size. It looks like it was much more expensive than it was. Keeper!
Lovely rug. I noticed other reviewers mentioning about how the rug has a "stink" to it. As I was unrolling it, didn't notice any "stink" but did notice the smell of "new", which is more like the smell of manufacturer. (In my opinion, there are far worse smells out there). The smell doesn't seem to linger but, of course everyone is different. The rug is a lot nicer than I anticipated for the price - Think plush, tightly woven, unrolled nicely without having to wrestle too much with the curled end of a rolled up rug. As soon I rolled it, I immediately vacuumed the heck out of the rug to get out as much loose wool as possible. May do a couple more times just to be sure...but, I haven't experienced any shedding problems thus far.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Medium tone Gray. No blue anywhere as some reveiwers have mentioned.
This rug has not held up as well as another rug we purchased off overstock. The rug is prone to some "flaking" of the wool fibers when washed. It also shows stains quite obviously in both the grey and lighter areas, which have been difficult to remove. That said, love the look of it -- looks fabulous in our office, which has grey walls and white furniture. This rug would probably be best in low traffic areas and for people who do not have children or active pets.
The rug arrived promptly and I was pleased with the color which was as depicted on the website. The color is a slate grayish blue and very plush. However, not even a few hours later, I noted considerable shedding. I assumed this would taper off but now several months later, it is still shedding. I have to vacuum every day and the vacuum filter completely fills up with fluffy lint that has to be emptied each time. My baby, who is not even placed directly on the rug, constantly has lint in his palms. I decided to pack the rug away. Overall, would not recommend and I'm disappointed by the quality given the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
color, patten, pile just what we were looking for great finish to our decorating.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. love it
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
It looks beautiful and was exactly what I was looking for but the quality is a bit on the poor side. Like other reviewers noted, the rug "sheds". There are tufts of rug all over the LR floor and no amount of vacuuming seems to make any difference. I wish I could give this rug a 5 star rating because I've been looking for a gray rug forever!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect! Lots of reviews said it was blue. It is not. It is grey.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. On poor side
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This rug was beautiful! It looked just like the picture! The flowers are more ivory then white, which is what I wanted. It is very thick and the quality was good. It looks great in our living room and adds a nice contemporary touch. I would recommend it!
I purchased a slate leather sofa and chairs, and needed something to pull the room together. This rug did just that and it looks great! I had read that the color was a little on the blue side and that it sheds. the rug I received was exactly as shown in the picture and I've had it a few weeks now and there hasn't been any shedding. I am very happy with this purchase.
Beautiful rug. Very soft and plush. The grey is slightly lighter than the picture, but that could be just my display. It's rectangular, but the sides are not entirely straight. Doesn't bother me much though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite accurate
This rug arrived a day early (can't beat free delivery and no tax). I was looking for a grey/cream rug to go half way under a queen sized bed. I have it in place now and the bed is high enough you can see the stringy flower accents. The other reviews on this rug is what helped me decided to make this purchase on this rug. Honest reviews are very helpful when you take the time to read them and weigh the pros and cons of other reviewers comments. A lot of the reviews addressed the color of this rug being grey vs. blue. This rug is definitely smokey grey with no hint of blue.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same, the off white is little more cream then I expected, but still works.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Looking for a gray wool rug with a contemporary twist, this one checks off all of the boxes. The gray is gray with no blue tones. The print floral is white (but not brilliant, yet not off-white either). I am very happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is gray. Period. I have paired it with a lighter gray sofa and it complements it beautifully.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Soft wool texture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
I couldn't be happier with this rug, quality is very good it does not shed like other wool rugs that I have, and design and color are just beautiful. The pattern is striking.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was pretty much identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I found the quality higher than a similar item bought in crate and barrel store.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate.