I ordered this despite a poor review. I am glad I did! Any one who would complain about this rug is CRAZY! Installed in a Western log ranch house on a slick floor. First off it arrived super quickly and packaged well. Received in just days after ordering despite bad weather across the country. The rug is Super heavy and well made. Deep plush texture and nice on your feet. Installed on a deep rust colored stone floor at this time with no wool pad underneath. Does not slip or move despite trying to make it slip. No funky smells or odors. Well made tight weave. The colors are true and perfect. Just like the photos. Black and gold with a very light sage green that looks tan in certain lighting. Great texture that makes it look even more expensive and does not show traffic. It is a bold modern statement to any room. Dressed up an older Western Ranch house bringing real class and design element to the room. I find the carpet to be well made and looks like a much more expensive than it was. This rug if purchased local, would have cost well over $1400.00 for a Wool rug this size. The edges are nicely bound and after the first vacuuming it did not shed. Purchased the 9x13 and it measures a true 9x13. I am extremely happy with this rug. I would rate it a true 10 out of 10. From delivery to the room this was a fantastic buy. Would recommend this rug and would purchase again. Thank you Overstock for the great quality for a good price. Value 10 out of 10.
Really like this rug. The colors are very nice, and blend well with a leopard pattern rug that is under our dining room table. The rug is thick enough that it helps to muffle the noise in our living room area, where we have hard wood flooring, and a large t.v.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality. Feels good under our feet. Helps to muffle the noise in our living room.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I ordered this rug on Tuesday and recieved it that Friday!! It was in perfect condition and is thick and beautiful. The wool has various textures but al are super soft and luxurious! I LOVE IT! Just like the picture and Overstock shipped super super fast!
i don't like the stiff feel of the black fibers, I wish they were softer to walk upon. The pattern on the 8'10" X 13' rug has the tadpole curvy design going at an angle which I think draws my eye across the rug and I don't like that effect. I have living room furniture breaking up the line of vision in that manner. The busy movement of the wave patterns and circles are nice and I like that the large black fields are broken up by furniture. I really like the rug's feel and "mood", I like that it is loud and has contrast in color as well as contrast in texture (not the stiffness- I don't like the stiff black) between the sage/gold and nubbier thicker other shades and tones of tan. There are valleys between the nubbier tan colors and everything around them. See the tan on tan waves of 4 for valley example. the mauve undertone of tan is not multi color, it is multi shade of lighter and darker of the same color. The edges have a few stray longer than other strands- watch out when vacuuming. The rug is 100% cut fibers , no loop. The binding on the edges are a medium tan. The picture online shows a 5X7 size of the rug. I expected all four corners to be tan with two small areas of black and one large area of black to show on the edges. My personal concern was to minimize the black on the edges. The worries I had were; black on the edges, the potential for multi color loop mauve tone pieces (the smallest area of color) and size- did not know exactly what size and the lack of reviews. I hope this review helps. I gave it 3 stars because the black in the rug is not remotely soft it is stiff and because the picture of the rug is not what you will receive in this size. The rug makes me smile every time I see it, that says quite a bit about a rug I gave 3 stars. If the picture were updated and the dimensions were updated on the description page I would give it 4 stars. I would recommend it to a friend after they read the reviews.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not exact. Of the five colors, all the fields of black have light fibers throughout looking a little salt and pepper (see note on fibers coming out and pile), the gold/tan color which is the primary medium found along all the swirls and waves looks like what one would call gold without metalic fiber. The lightest color looks like sage or a grey green with undertones of yellow it is suttle and a hint of sage which is almost always found surrounded by the gold. The other two colors are (a different thickness, see notes on pile) tan with undertones of peach orange/yellow undertones within the tan field the pile is larger and this larger fiber tan shows a lighter and darker version of the same hue. The darkest of the tan colors has underones of mauve red/brown undertones in a thick fiber which shows a lighter and darker color of the same shade of tan. I have the rug in natural sunlight which is not direct in a room with two large windows. The color in standard incandesent light bulbs looks similar to what I discribed above. The colors in firelight are different as the contrast of black shows up as primary and the field of colors of tan and sage show the textural differences. To point out what Color differences I see from my monitor to the actual product I received- black is not completly black, gold is accurate, other tan color is close, mauve/red/brown/tan color is very different from monitor because it seemed to photograph as multi color something as if it had different colors thoughout and in person has one color color with lighter and darker look.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The nature of wool rugs is to shed. I do not know how much of the nubby look on the thicker fibers is design choice or quality, the lighter and darker fibers of the dark and medium (mauve undertone and peach undertone) have several fibers per square inch which are much longer than the others in the same color field. The black color fields- all of them are stiff to walk upon, they feel almost like a stiff door mat on the black only, there are thicker than other and longer than other fibers which you can feel (if you try) with your hand but do not stand out visually because of the look of the color black with some light fibers and quite a few stray shedded fibers from the other colors. The feel of the sage and gold is soft and made of the same material, size and shape- which is a small cut. Again, I don't know how much is quality of construction and material or that of designer choice. The edges are bound and have some longer than other fibers all around which I would not want to get caught on a vacuum cleaner.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The image is not to scale! The picture/image shows three large tadpole shape curvy black shapes with a hint of two other large tadpole curvy shapes showing (as if the pattern goes on and on). I measured the pattern shown in the image here upon my rug and it is that of a 5 X 7 rug. This "9 X 13" rug goes on and on beyond what is shown. I expected three black large-big shapes and four round black circles with gold design- The rug has 8 or 9 full or almost full tadpole shape black fields and several partials, there are in relation many more round black pieces and areas with wave patterns. If you were to take the image and copy paste three more then you have an accurate size to pattern rendering. The circle pieces are actually- 13", 13 1/2, and 14" (they are not complete circles), the large black shapes are 32" at the longest curve to tip. You get more pattern and smaller than you think. The title is very close, the rug I received is 8'10" X 13', almost perfect. Most rugs are smaller than their title (an 8 X 10 may be 7'6" X 9'6"- which may be industry standard- but I wish they would measure exactly). That said, the rug is 13' long so if you are counting on shorter by several inches to fit, this rug measured almost exact in size on the title. The detail page was not accurate, it had 9 X 11' X 11' so I was not sure if I was getting 13', 11' or shy of 11' length.