I was afraid to buy this rug based on the other reviews. I was hoping for a beige and blue rug because that is my color scheme in my living room. I didn't want the carpet to look as grey and muddy as it does in the photo. To my surprise it was exactly what I expected. It is mainly a tan like a classic pair of khakis tan. The border is a nice medium blue. There are accents of white sienna and black in it. It is very plush and the tag says hand loomed. I didn't want a polypropelene rug so I'm very happy with the quality of this one. It's 1 inch thick I don't need a rug pad. It pulls the whole room together and has sort of a kilim type of pattern to it. I vacuumed it twice when I laid it down. It filled the entire vacuum twice so I guess that means its definitely going to shed. I haven't had it long enough to know how bad it will be. I'd prefer to have a wool rug that sheds over a poly rug with chemicals in it. Its a very good quality. I can't believe the price. You would never pay this price for a quality rug this size in any store anywhere.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors on the site are bad compared to the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product is excellent. 1 inch hand loomed wool rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not that good. I took a big chance ordering it. I felt very unsure from the site description and reviews.
When this carpet arrived, we were ecstatic about the rug. The colors, size and quality seemed almost too good for the price. Now that we have owned the carpet for a few months, we notice that the carpet sheds a LOT. Repeated vacuuming has not slowed the shedding whatsoever. Despite this, we are satisfied with the carpet, because it looks so lovely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors matched the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product is truly gorgeous, but because it is on hardwood, we see the fibers shedding profusely.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description online.
The rug has a beige background with light and dark caramel tones and shapes. Accented with a light (not very light) but light blue border. It also has some off white in it. Would be great with tan or taupe walls or light blue walls, even off white walls.
The quality was fine (not as plush as the other rug we bought from another manufacturer off of overstock). The price was excellent, but it didn't look as rich or interesting in person. I also didn't heed the warnings of the other reviewers re: color. This is a light beige rug. It does not look grey at all in person. It is a beige rug with blue & brown accents. We sent it back.
Have to admit to being slightly disappointed on opening up the carpet because of the color not being exactly what was expected, but as with other purchases, very pleased with quality and speed of delivery. Still is a very nice rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly different. On site looks like blue is dominant color but it is more beige
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good description
The good news is that I purchased this rug for an unbelievable price. The bad news is that what appears to be a blueish gray is actually a taupe beige, which is pretty much the whole rug. I thought they had sent me the wrong rug when it first arrived. I hemmed and hawed for a while and choose to keep it, however, I am now struggling to finish my home because I had all the rugs picked out based on this one. As far as customer service, they were pleasant enough but I always feel a little put off when they say, well we will have to charge you for the return but I can waive that because it is your first return . . . please . . .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is not at all what is shown. This picture needs to be changed. All the color that appears to be blue is actually a taupe beige.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is fine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very
I was worried this rug might be bland, but it really is beautiful! It classed up my office right away, it has a very classic look. It sheds at first, but after a few good vacuumings the fuzz seems to be dissipating. Really a very pretty, high quality piece!
This rug is very pretty and the price is right. But the first one we received had been wet previously and had a bit of a mildew odor. And shed like crazy. I thought because it had been wet, that was why it was shedding, so we just had it replaced. The second one shed just as bad. Every time I vacuumed the rug, I filled a canister. It was like having a dog that had never been brushed. I thought it'd stop eventually. I've had the rug for over two months and I'm still filling a canister every single time. Thankfully, Overstock's customer service is letting me return this rug.