This rug was not at all what we expected based on the picture and reviews. Our rug came looking worn out, the color was more milk chocolate colored than the deeper color in the photo. Also, the stripes going through (yellowish/green/beige) make the rug look worn out and dirty. There was no sheen or silken look we were hoping for. I'm not sure if we received a defective rug but would warn purchasers that you may not get what you expect. Kept the review at 3 stars for the reason that our rug may have been defective.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? picture looked like a rich deep brown color but was much lighter in person (more like a milk chocolate color)
I really like the rug. I gave it five stars because I'm totally happy with it. As a matter of fact, I think my wife is going to sell our couch so we can keep the rug - the color is too close to our couch right now. The shipping speed was fantastic - had it in less than a week.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color matched, but the gold is not as pronounced as the description says. It's more of a corduroy.
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent quality!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Not really. Think of a thick corduroy with a lighter color when the pile is pressed in certain directions.
This rug adds an elegant touch to the room. The pattern is subtle, and brings a peaceful quality to the room. There is a very fine horizontal stripe that is difficult to see in the picture, and the overall effect is of a gold sheen over the dark brown, which is very attractive. The leaves are carved into the rug, so there is a nice texture as well. No shedding so far (it's been about 2 weeks). Overstock's shipping was super-fast, as usual.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
We bought this rug for our family room, which is a high traffic, high use room. We wanted something that was stylish and expensive looking but would also hide dirt and stand up to the activity in the room. This rug is really perfect - it has a subtle floral design and very nice gradient stripes of taupe, tan, gold that give the rug depth and a slight sheen / silken look. We have a gold-colored couch and dark hardwood floors and it looks very nice with both. I couldn't be happier with the rug and the really excellent price (not to mention no tax and $2 shipping!