I purchaased this rug on the strength of the picture displayed for it and the written description as well. While I am very happy with the rug and am keeping it, I have to mention that the colors are not as vibrant or contrasting as in the photo. There really isn't any "gold" coloring at all in this rug- think "sand" and "taupe." Also, the red tones are more of a burgundy/crimson. The craftsmanship is great, though, and it looks great in the room.
Love this rug. I bought this for my mother's house and the colors coordinated well with the furniture and wall decor she has. An excellent buy for the money!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Although the blue is mostly navy, there are lighter shades of blue throughout the rug design. In my opinion, this made the rug much more attractive.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely accurate.
Great, thick wool rug! Colors are very close to the website, the background is sort of mottled, making it look aged. Bled a little when tea was spilled on it, but not noticeable when it dried. Everyone who sees it comments on how beautiful it is. I will come back to Overstock when I need another wool rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, thick backing. Only minor shedding.
Beautiful rug, however I could not keep it as the large images were not consistent with the photo, I think this was my fault and even though I tried to get used to it, could not. It was darker than I had expected, and in an entry it was just too heavy looking. In a room with sun it would work fine. I could not differentiate much between the navy backgroung and the black border. So it went back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks much darker than the photo, the gold is not nearly as prominent as the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very thick and heavy, I was surprised at the good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was a bit off, the rug is dark, dark, the gold is not as bright as the photo.
This rug is soft, my daughter has had it for severl years, and it is one of the few things that she will not give up the next time she moves. It's been in Oregon, North Dakota and Minnesota. It's beautiful, wears well, thick, and was the one thing we purchased that really made her apartment feel like it is hers. Right now she is sharing living space with two cats, and doing very well with them too. The cat hair vacuumes right up -- partly because it is a dense rug. It lies well on the floor. Both of us are very happy with this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? beautiful color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great rug at a good price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Just as described.
The colors and design are beautiful. It has the APPEARANCE of using veg. dyed yarns which is a nice touch. I collect high quality, hand crafted silk and wool rugs. This one is not of their quality but it wasn't made to be and is not competing with that level of craftsman ship. I got this for an area that would get more wear but still needed to look good. The pile is thick, the colors were as they appeared on the screen. I was pleased with this company and will use them again.
This rug is rich in color and very beautiful. The blue is not exactly a bright blue, but not a deep blue either. Picture depicts color accurately. The rug is so plush, but definitely put protectors under the legs of your furniture. Great rug for the money!
The color of this rug surprised me - the blue in this rug is hard to describe - not a navy or a teal - I wasn't sure how I felt about the color but I have to say that this rug has the deepest pile I've ever seen and ( I am a rug fantic ) you literally sink into the rug - very very plush - great rug for bare feet and laying in front of fireplace which is were I put it - Well worth the money
We bought this rug to put over a berber that keeps showing traffic stains- w/ 3 young kids and a dog, I was spending too much money getting it professionally cleaned. It is very rich looking, very thickly tufted, feels wonderful under the feet. The dominant colors are the royal blue and gold tones, with the black being somewhat subtle. BUY THIS RUG- you won't be disappointed. I just wish it also came in a bigger size- I would have gone that route.
After much looking, I took a chance on this rug. Great discount and Overstock's low shipping made it hard to pass up. Rug arrived quickly and safely. Beautiful, rich, quality rug that looks terrific (and like I paid four times as much!)
Beautiful rug. The royal blue and gold colors are very vibrant and the quality is excellent. I would recommend this rug to anyone. I work in a furniture store and sell rugs to complement the furniture pieces. I could not buy a rug this nice at cost through my company. Great buy.
This is area rug is just beautiful. It is very plush and the colors are vibrant and strong. The rug I got is more of a deep teal blue than the navy that is shown in the picture but since we've just moved into a new house I didn't require a specific color of blue and will decorate around the rug. You really can't see the burgandy, moss green, camel and navy colors in the picture either which is too bad since the addtional colors really make the rug pop. The picture makes the rug look like it is just blue, brown and black . I'm very happy with this rug.