Colors are better than pictured. The Blue is Smurfish, the Magenta pops, the Orange isn't dayglow, the Brown is Chocolatety. The Green is medium tint of Lime and the Cream is a great base. These colors are great to accesorize off of. it gives you so many options. Rug will shed under heavy traffic, but is soft and comfy under bare feet and an absolute joy to look @. Delivery was prompt.
The blue is a little more aqua/teal than I anticipated, but otherwise the colors are lovely and vibrant. The rug is lush and soft, but, like other reviewers have commented, sheds a lot in the early days. It also refuses to lie completely flat at the ends after having been rolled up, no matter how many boxes of books we stack along the edges--hopefully that will work itself out over time (it's only been a couple weeks).
I purchased this rug for my childrens playroom which is located besided our family room/kitchen so I wanted the rug to be functional for the use, contemporary in style, and most inportantly comfortable to sit and play on with my small children. I have an Art Deco theme in the playroom with vivid primary colors and this rug is perfect. The pile is very thick so it is cushy and comfortable to lay on while watching TV, playing, etc. The colors are beautiful. The orange is a pumpkin hue, the green is a lime (but not too bright), the "red" is a raspberry, and the brown is a true chocolate. The color I was most worried about was the turquoise and it turned out to be a perfect match to the glider that I already have in the room covered in a turquoise houndtooth pattern. The white is very creamy. The rug makes a huge statement and really brightens up the space. The only problem I have is the shedding. There is A LOT of shedding, but I have read this is to be expected with wool rugs and to vaccuum frequently with a "flat" style vacuum (not the rotating brush kind) and the shedding will minimize over time. As an added bonus, my 3 year old boy loves the rug because he says the colored loops are a raceway for his matchbox cars! He has been zooming his cars all over the rug all day (which doesn't help with the shedding, but still great). This rug would look equally great in a dining, bedroom, or living area.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors were the same tones I saw on my screen, but more vivid in a good way
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very thick carpet, beautiful, and comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Really liked the pattern and wool but there is a lot of matting so we are not wearing shoes on it. None of the pillows we had matched the colors so we had to shop for new ones to complement the rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close but has a 50's feel to the colors
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. a very thick wool that holds up well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
We are very pleased with this rug. Excellent quality, vibrant colors and very comfortable to walk on. I did not expect the burgundy color to look as close to pink as it does. Actually, I think "Fuschia" is more accurate. Not sure I would have bought it if the photo was accurate, however, after placing the rug in our family room the colors work well together and compliments our decor, adding an unexpected splash. The white background is very nearly pure white. The rug was packaged well, although, the heavy plastic wrap was partially opened on one end of the rug, probably due to shipping. Fortunately, there was no damage to the rug. This rug will shed a little relative to the traffic, but an occasional vacuuming will take care of that. My only worry is staining. Since our kids are all grown, and visitors remove their shoes anyway, we should be ok. :) If you're looking for quality rug with a modern design this rug is one to consider.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color that looks burgundy, is actually more like a dark Fuschia (rich dark pink). The white area is very close to pure white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality ranks among the best. The backing is a soft non abrasive fabric. The wool fibers are dense and soft to the touch.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is fairly accurate.
I love this rug. I was not disappointed at all. It does have to be vacuumed often here at the beginning, but I know that will decrease with time and use. It's just the nature of wool rugs. This was perfect for my retro living room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? colors were exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very high quality rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfectly accurate
We love this rug. Its soft and does not shed too much wool. color are good not very bright nor very dull just right
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was perfect
I bought this rug for my daughter's playroom. I wanted something bright, fun and gender neutral in case #2 comes along someday. I saw this rug on other sites and it's going for $1,200 +. This is an amazing value for a rug of this size and quality. It is so soft. The colors look great with all of my daughters toys. It does shed as it is wool and will need to be vacuumed frequently for the first six months but it is so worth it for the softness!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Acurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Acurate
The quality of this rug is very high for the price... a very good value. I wanted so much to keep it but the dark pink color was just not at all complimentary to the other colors in the rug or my living room. It's truly a bright fuschia and is such a big section of the rug I felt it clashed with the other colors.
I am incredibly happy with this purchase! I've occasionally bought items from Overstock that come with no indication of the brand/manufacturer, so it takes time to really understand if it's durable or high quality. However, this item carried it's brand label, making it easier to immediately verify the high quality of the product. I found the exact same rug/size selling for more than double the price at a major department store! Specifically, the rug is soft and appears to be well made. It's nearly true to color in the pictures, although the pink is a bit brighter and blue a bit softer when you see it in person. It adds a great pop of color to my living room. I'd highly recommend this product! The only issue is that there is a small spot where a few blue threads were woven into the orange section of my rug. Barely noticable from a distance, and if you'd had a coffe table (I don't) you'd never see it. I manged to trim a couple threads with a pair of manicure scissors, and the rug is plush enough that you don't notice at all. So these might be slight defects, but in my experience the quality and price completely outweigh that small inconvenience!