As soon as I unrolled this carpet I couldn't be happier. The pictures shows a lot more cream with orange highlights whereas with the rug in person, the blues take more of a center stage. Don't let this dissuade you though! There are so many colors in this rug it makes it beautiful: blue, teal, orange, cream, marroon... I could keep this rug for years and have it go with so many different decors, it's that versitile. The cololrs are light and the pattern is understated but in a beautiful light way. I admit to being a little worried when I bought this product. I grew up on imported Persian rugs and can spot a machine made rug a mile away. I didn't know if I would be happy with the quality judging from the price and if I would be happy with the feel. I was pleasantly surprised once I received the rug. The pile is nice and deep and adds softness when placed over wood floors. It's obviously not nearly as dense as a handmade Persian rug but that is also what makes it soft. The quality is superb for a machine made rug at this price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The rug contains more blue and less of the orange than the picture shows
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Deep pile, gorgeous pattern
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
The colors are gorgeous and match perfectly with our family room that has darker blue walls and gray furniture. It really lightens it up and was exactly what I was looking for. the quality is top-notch as well - comparable to rugs that we looked at elsewhere that were 3x the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The general color tone is a bit more gray-ish and muted than it appears online (i.e. the cream color in the background is more of a cool tone cream and the orangey accents are cooler in tone as well). but the colors are gorgeous and match perfectly with our family room that has darker blue walls and gray furniture. It really lightens it up and was exactly what I was looking for.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very very nice as well. Very soft, sturdy rug and it is quite substantial and thick. I would recommend a rug pad underneath for use on hardwood floors.
The colors are soft and muted. The dusty orange accents are attractive and provides warmth to a room that is predominantly cream, blue and green shades. Now I plan to add an accessory or two in that shade for some "pop". The bedroom has taupe walls, dark wood floors and soft blues and greens in the bedding, so this area rug tied it together beautifully. I'm very happy with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate , although the cream and muted orange shades are not dominated by the blue. I would say they had equal impact.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a fine quality wool carpet that should be part of our home for many years.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was accurate
I have been shopping for the right rug for months. Once finding this rug I thought I was finally done. That was until it showed up (shipping was fast). The rug itself is beautiful. Not too expensive looking, yet not totally cheap either. The quality is good. However, the complaint I had was that the colors were quite different than I was anticipating. They were very muted with a grayish tone. Not at all vibrant with contrast like in the picture. The color that appears to be reddish is actually a very dull orange. The blue in most of the design is a light powder blue with gray tones. Needless to say it's a pretty rug, but not what I was expecting. Other reviewers said there was a teal color, and that was also not there. It was more of a dark gray blue. As I stated before the design had a very muted, dull, and faded appearance. Just for the record - do to the light colors and the muted design, this would not rate high with being child friendly. Another draw back for me. The rug was returned the same day and the hunt continues for the "perfect rug." It is scary to buy such a big item sight unseen. When it comes to rugs we are basing a room design around it, or in the very least hoping to pull a room together with it. With that said Overstock.com makes returning easy. That kind of helps take the worry out of taking that leap of faith. As for me I am done buying rugs off the internet. I'm sticking with local home decor stores. That way I know what I'm getting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was great. Beautiful rug. Just not what I wanted.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very. Colors were different then described. Four colors are acutally on this rug: powder blue, dark grayish blue, dull orange, and beige.
I was so nervous to buy such a large item online, but I am thrilled with this rug and am so glad I bought it. The colors are soft and gorgeous. The blue is a blue-green (lovely). Initially I didn't want a rug with any orange tones because my house is predominately blues and greens, but I am so glad I took the chance with this. There are two orange tones: one a rust color and one a more cool orange/coral. But both are definitely accents and neither one takes center stage to the blues and creams. I am using this in a room with warm gray walls (Edgecomb Gray by Ben Moore), but you could go toward the tans with it too. Other very subtle and minimally used colors in the rug are charcoal and gold. Quality seems great so far. Typical shedding you'd expect with wool, but nothing out of the ordinary.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual colors are more subtle than they appear in photo? Not as much contrast between the colors as it appears.
I found this rug for my daughter after exploring many different websites. The price was reduced the day after I ordered it; and when I called about it, I was refunded the difference. This was my first time to order something from Overstock, and I was very please with the customer service and the quality of the merchandise. When I visited my daughter recently and saw the rug for the first time, I was genuinely pleased. It's the perfect rug for her living room!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close in color, but the orange isn't as bright as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description