I found this rug at other sellers for double the price, and was disappointed as it wasn't in my budget for a quick style refresh. I was elated to find it on Overstock! It's a muted true gray, with yellow/gold and a bit of rust and cream and is perfect for our foyer. This is the same thick, high quality rug you would expect to pay a lot more for.
I love this rug! Depending on the light in the room at the time I sometimes do see the gray and at other times I see a muted green. In any case it is beautiful! I saw on some other reviews that it peels a lot but I have not found this to be the case. I almost didn`t order it after reading those reviews but am so glad I did!
I was delighted with this beautiful rug. It was well-represented in the description and picture and it fit into my room perfectly. However, I soon discovered that the hand-tufted constructions is not a good combination with my two cats. I have numerous other rugs around the house which have withstood their scratching fairly well. One doesn't show any sign of damage after several years and another has some snags but that is the price you pay when you're a cat lover. However, when the cats scratch on this one they pull out numerous tufts which is rather alarming, to say the least. It's thick enough it would take a lot of scratching for the rug to become bald, but nonetheless, it concerns me and I've had to lock the cats out of that room while I figure out what to do. I'm going to try a Feliway diffuser to see if that works. Otherwise, I'll have to only let them in there when I'm there to supervise. So if you have cats, you might want to factor that into your decision because it is definitely not cat-friendly construction.
I was truly on the fence about this rug as I read through the reviews. I have painted my kitchen, dining room and family room grays. This rug was for the dining room, what had grays that had brownish tones. I was quite surprised when I got the rug. I do not think there is a rug out there that I would like more than this one. The colors are more muted than the picture, which is perfect for my dining room. I do not want the rug to be the focal point. I want my table to be the focus. This rug is nice and thick, and absolutely will not compete in the room. It is nice and thick, feels good under the feet. I have not vacuumed it yet, so I do not know if the wool coming out will be a problem. Probably, under my dining room table it will not be too much of an issue. A great find at a good price. Would buy it again in a heart beat.
The rug was nice and thick as everyone said it would be, however, the colours were nothing like the picture. I spent a lot of time reading over the reviews and trying to figure out what kind of gray it was. It is a "true gray" in the sense that it is pretty drab and muddy looking. I was very disappointed when I opened it up.
Okay, so I am SUPER picky about grays, so often they are more blue or green than gray, and I wanted a true GRAY. A lot of the rugs described as gray on the site had unhappy reviewers stating that the grays of those rugs were not true. I finally decided to take a chance on this one and I am really happy I did! Great quality and soft...no shedding to speak of yet. Very, very pleased...just wish they had it available in other sizes!
Nice a thick pile, it feels good underfoot Pattern and colors are more muted or muddy than they appear on screen Red color appears more brown\milk chocolate color Middle color is more a medium sage green than grey. Nice rug, going to keep it, wish the colors were a bit brighter though
As you can see, this is our second purchase of this rug from Overstock! Several months ago, we purchased this rug in a larger size for our dining area and since our home is very open in design, we now purchased the smaller version for the conversation area in our great room. We found the delivery time again to be very quick and the quality equally good. This is a very nice rug and a very good value! This rug also laid well immediately with very little shedding and no "new" odor! Colors are soft and there is no noticeable difference between this and our first purchase of this rug in a larger size, so the two rugs work well together in the same large space! I found talking with customer service design help to be very helpful in deciding between ordering the same rug as opposed to several other Overstock choices. We are so pleased with our rug and Overstock experience!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. lovely dense rug, lays well with no more shedding than I would expect from a new rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very close
The colors work perfectly for the room I am putting together.. and you can't beat the price. It is exactly what I was looking for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The photo makes it look a little more brighter than it really is. Nothing major though, it is still absolutely beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I'm not a rug expert, so it looks pretty normal and nice to me!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Never read the description, only looked at photos and read reviews..
I liked the rug when it arrived. The color was as expected. After several months of moderate wear, the shedding was really excessive and the rug requires nearly daily maintenance to remove the carpet fibers that were loose on the rug and around the room.
The 6X9 rug is a beautiful addition to my kitchen nook. It gives a lot a richness and muted class which I love, and the size is perfect for a rectangular six chair table.. I was expecting a gray rug with ivory border, but it has no ivory in it. Darker, softer colors however have given me a new direction for my palette, and make the rug look more expensive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I was expecting the lighter color around the perimeter to show as ivory with contrast to the overall gray. It actually is not ivory at all, but a darker sandy beige with not a lot of contrast. At first, I was disappointed. However, after putting the rug down and putting my whitewashed table and chairs on it, it couldn't look more classy. It is rich and muted so that the pattern doesn't "jump" out at you like cheaper rugs. I am very pleased with the overall look.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is very thick, I don't use a pad underneath as it is perfect for my ceramic floor and pulling chairs in and out. It does shed some. It filled my vacuum canister up each time I vacuumed the first few times, but the rug is thick and full regardless.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty much accurate.