I'd shopped carefully and for years to find this type of rug. I'm a thrifty shopper, and thought that this was a nice, natural alternative (at about half the cost) to having a manmade fiber carpet remnant bound at the local carpet store. In terms of the color, the rug is more drab than I expected, based on other reviews, but it works very well pulling together a comfortable, home-y family room of saddle brown leather upholstery and craftsman style furniture, as well as sage green walls, terra cotta drapes, and burnt orange pillows (from Ikea). Yet, please be aware that my rug sheds like crazy when vacuumed. There is a small amount of pilling, but the rug nap appears to be literally disappearing from regular vacuuming. While some reviewers claim there is some shedding from this and other rugs like this one, no other rugs or carpets in my home have ever shed in such profusion. I'm worried that this rug will be threadbare in a few more months, and that it will be a tremendous challenge to return or replace, but I'll contact overstock about the shedding issue and try to update this review accordingly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Overall color is camel and predominantly warm browns. Very subdued, warm-toned palette. No black, as one review indicates. The reddish color is rhubarb red; tinged with burnt orange but color leans toward a pinkish cranberry or faded barn red.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is soft, dense, and plush. It's about 3/4" nap. Yet, sheds unbelievably. Had it for a month now. Vacuum carpet twice weekly, and the canister of new Hoover upright bagless vacuum fills each time, no kidding, with camel colored wool. It's staggering. I wonder how much of the rug will be left in a month at this rate. Did I get a defective rug?
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description seems fairly accurate, but the reviews were not. For example, the pattern is very traditional, and there's no black.
The rug has a beautiful design and color, but it had plaster/glue in various spots that made the rug uncomfortable to walk on. I have other wool rugs and they do not have this issue. I sent it back for a replacement hoping that it was just a defect, but the second rug I received had the same issue. The Overstock customer service was excellent with assisting me on returning the rugs.
Looked for a rug for our living room with parquet floors. We looked at a rug in a store but it was twice as much and made of polypropylene. We found this rug but it was a great price and made (in India) of wool. Figured it was too good to be true but it's a fantastic rug! The colors are much more muted than in the photo. The tan is a little darker, the red is more of a rusty orange red than a burgundy and the green stands out more in person than it looks in the photo. The colors blend well together and are soft and subtle - enough that it goes with our busy parquet floors. The overall look of the rug is traditional with a touch of modern so it doesn't look too conservative. We are very happy with this find and love the rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual rug is more muted and softer in color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality wool rug.
I couldn't believe when I received this rug. It really made my week! I paid slightly under $400 for a gorgeous, 100% wool hand tuffed rug and a 9x12 size at that!!! THAT is a deal. The rug is simply a treat for your feet. It's super thick and warm, pleasing to the touch. In addition to this rug, I bought the polypropelene Lyndhurst rugs also sold on Overstock and this rug blows them away by far! I bought this rug to go underneath our dining room table, and the design complements and looks amazing against our cherry hardwood floors. I highly HIGHLY recommend this rug. For the price and the high quality, you cannot go wrong. I'm actually thinking of buying another one to go in our living room. I wish they had a 10x14 in this particular rug!! :-)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Comparable --- the actual product was a little more subdued than the picture on the website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, thick, pleasing to the touch and beautiful design
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The color is my main complaint. It is no where close to red and beige. It's burnt orange and a dirty yellow. Instead of a nice area rug, it appears the 1970's have vomited on my floor. To boot, it's not returnable once opened, it would have to be refused upon delivery. Unfortunately we were not home when it was dropped off, so that wasn't even an option.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Unable to see past the glaringly ugly colors.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate