This was my first Overstock purchase and I was so excited to receive my rug. I thought it was going to be perfect for my slate blue, brown, taupe color scheme in my living room. Boy, was I wrong. The rug is fabulous quality but the colors were not as they appear online or in the description. This rug would be perfect for a room with warm tones since it's primarily gold, rust, and brown. I am sending it back but I do have to mention just how impressed I was with customer service. They were so helpful and attentive. I will not hesitate to make another purchase with Overstock.com.
This is the second rug I've purchased on O.co. I learned with the first that color accuracy can be a crapshoot, so my expectations were in check. The rug is beautiful. I think the rug would be much more beautiful if the background was actually ivory and not grey, but as I watched my terrier rub himself across the wool like it was his job, it occurred to me that this dirt-friendly color might be a blessing in disguise.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? What is depicted as an ivory background is actually a medium smoke grey.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair.
The colors are darker than the picture and the blue is not as predominate but it actually went well with the dark oak furniture and blended well with the hardwood floor opening into the family room with a beige carpet. Although the dimensions are slightly less than the 8' x 11', it still is the best fit for the dining room. I had looked for a long, long time and had not been able to find this size I needed for this area especially at a reasonable price. It does shed quite a bit at first but after vacuuming it a few times, I see very little shedding. This rug is under the dining room table so it doesn't get much traffic. Their might be more shedding if it was in an area where people were walking on it a lot. I think it worked out well even though it wasn't exactly as described and I like it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are lighter are the picture than they actually are...much softer tones
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The carpet is 93" x 130" - 3" less in width & 2" short in lenght but still fits the area well - just had to cut the pad which was exactly 8' x 11'.
Usually I am happy with Overstock. This rug is an exception. I do not understand the positive reviews. The rug smelled like oil for two weeks and it has continued to shed... big gobs of wool... for more than two months. I have it in a bedroom where it looks lovely. However, the constant shedding makes really a nuisance. I am hiring two men to lift the bed, roll it up and throw it away. I hate the thing and it was a was of nearly $400. I would return it except that it is more trouble than it is worth.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate colors... a lot of blue and cream
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. thick wool sheds constantly and I have now thrown it away
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? colors are accurate (at least on my monitor) but quality is awful
The rug is very high quality. It is very plush. I do have to complain about the colors. Don't be fooled by the picture, areas that look brown are more like an orange rust color. I was going to return this, but my husband convinced me to keep it since he liked the rug. In the room the rust does not bother me as much as I expected.
Although, my wife and I like the design and colors of the rug, we wouldn't recommend purchasing it unless you want to vacuum it every other day. I believe it's comprised of the dreaded staple fibers which have been shedding all over our hard wood floors. I'm seriously considering returning this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was pretty accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average. It's sheding all over my hard wood floors.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat
The rug is exactly what we wanted, nice thick pile, warm tones, though a bit more muted than the picture online, and the pattern isn't exactly the same, there seems to be more detail on the rug we received, not a bad feature, just slightly different. All in all, we love the rug and it goes well in our slate blue/beige/chocolate/coffee color scheme room.
This is rug is OK. Not fabulous. It shed a TON at first -- but has subsided after 3 weeks and lots of vacuuming. I was disappointed that the colors are more drab than in the photo. It almost looks dirty because the ivory is is dull. Not thrilled with this rug, but decided to keep it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? much more muted in real life, less blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
I looked at this rug for a few weeks on-line before purchasing. I loved the colors and descriptions given, but I was a little nervous to order, since several reviews stated the colors were not as portrayed. I finally ordered, because I could not find another 100% wool rug for the price and size I wanted. Once I un-wrapped the rug, I really loved it. The back-ground is definitely oatmeal, and there are lots of gold, brown, light and dark shades of teal, and even a nice celery color in the pattern. Yes, there were some rust-colored outlines of the leaves and pattern, but it didn't take away from the other beautiful colors. The rug goes beautifully in my "cottage-like" dining room; bead-board wainscoting with celery-colored walls, and burlap curtains. The rug is very thick, and well-made. Very happy with my purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close- a touch "warmer" than it looked on web-site, but still very pretty
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
This is my second rug from Overstock. 100% pleased with all aspects of both rugs
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes...I just got my monitor calibrated which made all the difference in the world regarding accuracy of colors
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am thoroughtly pleased
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I spent a long time debating about this rug...reading all the reviews for every size of the rug, and finally going to a large home improvement chain store where I was able to see their full-size sample (at a much higher price, I will add!!). I'm really pleased with it and am glad I finally mustered the courage to order it! It looks wonderful in my family room with my dark wheat colored sectional, neutral gray/green walls, rattan blinds and light hardwoods.The pattern of the rug is large-scale and bold but the colors are soft, so the overall effect is more subtle than bold. The colors are: 2" outer band of brown/gold, background of oatmeal (which I'm happy about because it won't show a lot of dirt), with designs in medium rich brown, gold, light brown, light and medium gray, and spa blue/gray. Other reviews mention the orangey/rusty color but that color is barely noticeable....if it is there at all!! The quality of the rug is good or excellent...it is thick, soft and nicely made. The rug was very heavy when delivered (and wrapped really well...no fears about it getting wet or dirty in transit) which is a sign of a good quality rug. I do not have a rug pad under it and don't feel the need for one as the rug is plenty thick on its own and is anchored by my furniture so it won't move. I haven't had any problem with excess shedding...not sure what all the review complaints were about. There is a little shedding, but nothing excessive. I'm very pleased with this purchase and would recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? less blue, more tan/oatmeal/gold
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This wool rug is gorgeous! I placed it in our media room which gets mild to moderate traffic. (I have two children ages 7-9) One problem is that it sheds really bad. Must vacuum constantly. I luv it so I will deal with the shedding. The colors are beautiful, a little more vibrant in the Overstock photo. Also, I thought the background color looked like a light tan in the photos, the rug I received was a light grey background. Great Deal for the price!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was more vibrant in photo's but was still beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful wool rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate. Loved ready the reviews.
This rug is a great buy for such good quality. The colors were true to photo, with some variation in the blue hues. The yellows and browns are perfect for our bedroom and king bed. We ordered the biggest one, I wish it came even bigger so that we could have it across the entire room! I really can't say enough good things about this rug.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I was a little scared that the gold trim would be too loud for my living room but it's perfect for my space. It's not as bright gold as in the picture. It's more of a pale gold. Design, color and quality are on par. You won't go wrong with this rug!
I bought both the 5x8 area rug and the large runner. I love medium to thick pile wool rugs. These rugs needed to soften a bit with age/vacuuming, and they now feel great under my bare feet. Note that the pattern size scales with the rug size, so the pattern is smaller with a smaller rug. The colors are very similar to what is shown on the webpage. I would buy this rug again and again!
I think the people that complained about the color accidentally receive the wrong rug. There is a gray background available. The rug I received is true to color. The brown does have a rust tone, but it it just beautiful. I am beyond thrilled and plan to order the 8' round to match. Pythia is my first Overstock.com purchase and I am just tickled!