This is an incredible area rug at an incredible price! The colors are true to picture. I was looking for an area rug that would pull our great room together in our condo on the lake! This was the perfect choice. Initially it sheds but that is going away.
This rug is beautiful! It is soft and plush. I have not put a rug pad under it. My kids play on it all the time. Yes, there is some shedding but only noticeable if you are rolling around on the rug with the kids while wearing black pants! The colors are tan, camel, brown, gold, and blue. I would say true to the colors on the computer. I found this rug in a big store locally but it had to be special ordered and they were out of stock until March 2015. I wanted it by Christmas. After lots of searching on the internet I found this same exact rug at Overstock.com. It was in stock, ready to ship, and $300 less than what I would have paid locally. I was able to get the bigger size rug which worked out perfectly! I was nervous about ordering online but having seen it in person locally I felt better about it. I am so glad I ordered it! Overstock was an exceptional value and the rug came very quickly. Less than a week after ordering, it was in my living room. Very happy with this purchase.
I love this rug. I purchased the hearth size (2x4) to make sure the colors were what I wanted before I committed to the 9x12. The colors were spot on with the website and other peoples' reviews. The price too for the 9x12 was amazing. My only issue is that when you walk on the rug, you can feel hard "pellets" of glue. It almost feels like stepping on staples. You can break the hard glue off but it's everywhere. I'm debating on returning this or not. I am definitely going to contact customer service. Perhaps I got the lemon of the bunch and all the other rugs don't have this issue? Other than that, the rug style and value is perfect.
I purposely had an online chat before ordering this product, which CLAIMS to be mainly gray and blue gray. I specifically asked the rep about what was gray, and she told me the background was gray. It is not, it is BEIGE with an ugly GOLD border. My color scheme required grays, bluish grays, and maybe a soft beige to blend, but that gold is horrible and I have all nickel accents in the room this is going, and in my house overall, and there is NO gray found in this rug. I am severely disappointed as I nearly broke my neck trying to drag this 9 x 13 foot rug into the house, unwrap it enough to see that the colors were not all at what the on-line chat lady described. I am so angry. I cannot lift this thing to "rewrap" it to return it. Total waste of $500.
I returned the rug. The color did not go with my room. It is a nice thick rug, but not a very pretty rug. The flowers are large and the colors are kind of washed out and the gold is too mustard. Think carefully, the rug is heavy and it cost me over $50 to return it. Customer service is great and I had the rug picked up at home for a bit extra.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not very well. The actual gold color was more of a mustard.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was great. Very thick and heavy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, except for color.
I am thrilled with this purchase. I am using it in my family room. I have seen the exact rug in other catalogs for almost double the price. The design is eye catching and the colors are soft and blend very well. It has soft tans, some dark brown and slate blue and grey. I love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is excellent. The rug has a very thick pile...no pad needed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Good quality, nice and heavy. But the colors are really not accurate. I buy rugs from overstock often and have never had a variation like this. The background is darker, and there are lots of burnt oranges. The blues are not light, they are more wedgewood gray and some even look periwinkle. If that is what you are looking for it is a great rug, but if you are looking for something light and with sky blue, this is not your rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not accurate - the rug is actually much darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the 9x12 rug is about 6 inches shorter all the way around
I had ordered this same rug in an 8' x10' and loved it so much that I wanted a larger version for my dining room. While it is another brand and name it is the same rug as my previous purchase. Talk about bang for your buck...this rug delivers! I just love the colors and yet it is still a neutral rug. Expect shedding as ALL wool rugs shed for a while. Don't understand why people cmplain about that when they should know this. I saw this same rug on an HGTV program for a lot more money!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I have ordered many rugs from overstock and it's always tricky to guess what the color will look like when it arrives at my door. I rely on reviews of the rug from other customers to guide me but sometimes people have conflicting opinions and maybe they are getting two different rugs. So I was excited to see that this rug is so much more beautiful in person. The colors are vibrant but earthy. There are rusts and golds and many gray and blue-gray tones that don't come across online. When I unrolled it I couldn't believe that I got such a gorgeous rug for such a great price. It is truly the most beautiful rug I've ever seen. I know that sounds dramatic but its true!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much more gorgeous in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
I absolutely love this rug. I was hesitant to order it at first because the colors look a bit drab in the picture. I would say the color is accurate online but much more vibrant in person. It looks like a VERY expensive rug. It's nice and thick and doesn't require a pad underneath because it is quite heavy. The first rug they sent was damaged by the carrier but Overstock staff was so helpful. They sent a replacement rug immediately which actually arrived in less time than the first. If you are hesitating on this rug, go for it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good but better in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality and thick
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Totally accurate
This rug is beautiful!!!!!!! Very thick and heavy.The colors are beautiful,just what I wanted.Sometime it's scary ordering when you can't see or feel it in person.I have ordered several rugs so far and the color and quality have been great except one time.The color was off but no problem returning.Take a chance it's worth it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so thick and lush
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty good
Love the look of the rug...goes great with my decor..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? rug is a little darker than it looks on line
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is good...because it's a wool rug it does shed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accruate
Wonderful rug and the colors are richer than shown. I put a premium pad under this rug and it feels soft and plush. The only down side is the constant fuzz coming from the rug. I know it will end some day, but not anytime soon. The rugs been down about a month and we're still removing fuzz. It stops up the vacuum cleaner continuously. Other than this, I love the rug.
This is a lovely rug and I am very please with my purchase. The coloring is slightly darker than I was expecting, more beige than off-white for the field and the trim is more gold, but that is a positive in my case. It is a great transitional rug that really complements any decor. Great rug and you can't beat the price -- not to mention free shipping -- with a stick.
This rug met all my expectations including color, the color is slightly darker than it looks on my monitor, which is what I was hoping for. It has a very rich look in color and design and the web photo really doesn't do it's justice. I have had many compliments and folks are amazed when I tell them what I paid for it. This rug is thick and heavy, I put a long heavy table and chairs on it and it really doesnt need a pad. Looks awesome on dark cherry wood floors.
I absolutely love this rug! The colors matched my living room perfectly and the quality is great. Shed a little for the first couple weeks, but that stopped. We also bought a rug that was twice the price on another site and this rug is by far our favorite and even better quality than the $1000 rug.