I have been searching for several years for a solid patterned wool rug with the right colors AND affordable - and I am glad I waited! The rug is a good full feeling densely woven rug. One other purchaser commented that the rug seemed to shed, but that is par for the course for many new wool rugs these days - I have not seen excessive shedding, but my rug is not in a high traffic zone (I ordered a wool runner from another place and it shed like nobody's business - but I also acknowledge the high traffic it was exposed to! The runner has since 'settled down' and is holding up well.). I ordered the brown (not the tan) and at first feared it would be too dark, but the colors were perfect. Beware, the brown is really a deep rich chocolate and the interior color is a rich mocha. It added the perfect grounding to the room's color scheme and is what I wanted. You will not be disappointed!
We had ordered another carpet from Overstock and after laying it in our living room did not like the color. We returned that for a full refund and ordered this rug. It goes with our decor alot better. The brown border is really more a chocolate than coffee (I use crean in my coffee so it's pretty light). The center part could be considered coffee though. It really is well made and looks great. It is shedding a bit ,but that is usually what happens with new wool rugs. Also, this is a rug, not a carpet (if there is a difference?). It is not as plush as the other rug we had ordered (one of the orientals), but that is not to say it is thin. By no means, it is quite substantial. We are very pleased and will be keeping this one this time.
This rug arrived in 3 days and is exactly the way it was described. The quality is as good as my $1,4000 wool rug but doesn't shed the way my expensive one does. I saw this rug for several hundred dollars more other places. The border is a dark chocolate/coffee color and the middle is a lighter chocolate. It is also very symetrical with even edges. It is extremely sophisticated and dressy looking.FYI, we have a loft area with a busy patterned rug in one room and have tried many variations of rugs to go with it. If you are trying to do the same, I highly recommend doing a solid rug like this one to pair up with a busy patterned rug.
Was looking at a rug very similar to this at pottery barn for over a year, but didn't want to pay the $500 price tag. Got this one at overstock with a coupon for a great price and I think it is even nicer than the pottery barn one that I originally wanted. Border is a true chocolate color and center is about 2 shades lighter. Very nice and neutral if you have an earth tone color scheme is your home as I do. My kids never say anything about things in the house that I purchase and my oldest son said "wow Mom, this carpet is so thick and soft" :) I use it in my family room and it is getting alot of use, does shed a little (but all wool carpets do for about the 1st year)....I love it!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? middle slightly lighter than pic on my screen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
had to return the rug, despite the good quality and size.. the color was completely different than i saw on screen... it came in a softer light coffee contrast rather than the deep rich bittersweet brown/ black carpet i saw on screen
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual color was several shades lighter than website... huge difference.. more like light coffee than bittersweet dark chocolate as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very heavy rug... sheds a lot...wasn't sure if it was my cat doing it, or the nature of the rug...didn't like that at all either way
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? color was diff than on screen
Hard to find tonal border rug. Rich colors, dense pile and soft and plush underfoot. I'm very pleased and love this rug
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The rug arrived on time and in new condition. The color matched what was displayed online. It is a pretty rug and appeared to be well made. However, the shedding is so extreme that the clumps of carpet fibers are spread throughout our house months after receiving it. The shedding is so extreme that the furniture and bedding throughout the house have carpet fibers and clumps of fibers all over them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor due to extreme shedding
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We just got this rug and were pleasantly surprised upon unrolling it. It is indead very thick and soft with dense pile. We were worried it may be too dark but it is just a color we hoped for. It is a bit lighter in person than online, but not to the extreme. Border is a nice rich chocolate color, while the middle coffee color (dark coffee with the splash of cream). No major shedding at this point, but we've only had it on the floor for a couple of hours. We are expecting to see some shedding which is normal with wool rugs (we have another wool rug that also sheds some). Anyways, so far so good.
The carpet looks great and is very cushy. Good deal for the price but it sheds like no carpet I have ever encountered. Also, it is so loosely weaved that it may come out in clumps. We had to return this product, it was defective since the bottom layer net that holds the weave together came off. Perhaps that explains the shedding.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not a good product but ok for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? average
My husband told me I was welcome to buy it but he wouldn't split the cost with me (we usually split household expenses). When the rug arrived and we put it down, though, he liked it so much he agreed to split the price. The only negative - and this is hardly the rug's fault: The cats love it and like to dig their claws into the piles. (I'm seeking some really effective spray to keep them off it.) We love it and it makes going barefoot in the house a treat!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty accurately; the actual product's color is slightly warmer than the photo, which is a good thing for me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thick, cushiony and warm feeling to walk on. It is very soft and feels wonderful.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
This rug really is beautiful, and the color and feel are just what I wanted. That said, I wish I had taken the other reviewers warnings about the shedding a little more seriously. The shedding is intense. It is not just loose fibers - there are balls of wool that form as you walk across the rug, and every time I vacume it looks like I have sheared a sheep. I put the rug in our living room, which doubles as our play room, so the rug sees a lot of traffic (though no shoes). If you don't mind daily vacuming, and/or if your area is low traffic, this rug is still a good value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Nice solid rug. Color was spot on. The pile is think and dense unlike some of the cheap ones you see at Home Depot or TJ Max or other similar local places. Good value.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good, solid rug, good thick pile
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
This is a beautiful rug and is much nicer than I was hoping for. The chocolate brown and deep taupe blend very nice in my home. The colors are lighter than in the picture on the site, they are as everyone has described. The quality of the pile is very thick and soft. The rug does look and feel luxurious. I've had this rug for three months now and it is true that it sheds. Now that it has had regular vacuumings to this point the shedding has decreased a lot. Be aware it clogged my vacuum hose the first couple of times I vacuumed it. Everyone that has come to my house has commented how nice and beautiful it is, they especially can't believe the price. I would recommend this rug to everyone. Like I said, "Love, Love, Love This Rug".
I've shopped for the "perfect" rug for about a year and at this price point, you cannot beat the quality of this rug. I typically shop at higher end retailers and the quality of this rug competes with those retailers. I'm giving only 4 stars because I'm vacuuming it every other day as a result of shedding. I know most new rugs shed and feel confident that within a couple of months, I will no longer need to vacuum as often. I definitely recommend this rug to anyone who is looking for a soft, plush feel at a great price.
Everything about this rug is great -- color, texture, feel, etc. Only problem is that it "sheds," which means I need to vacuum it once a day to keep it looking good. Hopefully this will lessen over time. Otherwise it would get 5 stars.