The description on the site says that this rug is mainly green with brown and gold overtones. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GREEN IN THIS RUG. This rug is varying shades of brown and gold and taupe. It is a lovely rug for the price, but the colors definitely to not work for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Did not match at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate
I'd send it back but it isn't even worth my time. I'd send it back but it isn't even worth my time. (the review required 50 characters thus the repeat).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close, it is described as green but it is brown, it even says so on the label on the back.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It sheds large tufts of fibers, if you have allergies or asthma beware.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate, not description and not the image, the pattern has way more contrast then the image shows and the color is just wrong.
The rug is thick and plush. We particularly like that it does not shed like some wool carpets do. If you are using browns in your decor, this should be perfect! and you will also appreciate the quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I was hoping for more gold in the carpet; it is more tones of browns
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is darker brown than I was hoping, but is still a pretty carpet
Good quality, but it smelled like a dead animal when I first unwrapped it. I've had it for about a week and the smell is diminishing. It's not as good in quality as a couple other rugs I've bought from O.com, but still really good. It's a really odd color, but blends well enough with my chestnut wood floors. It definitely has sage undertones, and doesn't look as dark as the depiction online. It is a little wider at one end than the other, but not too bad. There is no latex backing or fringe.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was more muted. The color is a sage-milk chocolate color, the leaves look khaki, not gold at all, and there is a little gray in in
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate, and just an inch shy of the 8 x 11 each direction
This carpet is extremely plush. Feels great to walk on! I was expecting a little more green but it works well in my room that has alot of browns. I was afraid the pattern might be to busy but I was surprised at how much bigger it made the room look. I was replacing a carpet that was less then 2 years old and was already looking very worn that I spent almost as much on at Tuesday Mornings. This carpet is MUCH better quality. This is the 2nd carpet I have purchased from Qverstock and I have been very pleased with both!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very plush
I purchased this for my living room, and I'm absolutely delighted! I'm very picky about colors and quality and I find this rug to be top-notch. The background color is like milk chocolate. The leaves are a subtle gold, and the circular lines are a soft gray (I have no gray in my room, but since the gray in the rug is not predominant, it looks very nice.) Even though it is definitely a patterned rug, there is not much contrast between the colors so the effect is muted and subtle. I have light gold, brown, sage green upholstered furniture, and red/rust accents in my room. This rug is the perfect neutral backdrop. I have two dogs so the rug's ability to hide dirt between professional cleaning is a real plus! I'm so happy with it that I ordered a second, smaller one for my adjacent dining room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? An exact match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality! Same as I'd expect from a high-end rug store.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely accurate
I ordered three of these rugs in the 8 X 11 size for one long room with wood floors. Before I did so, I called to make sure they would all be the same lot number, and was assured that if there was a difference, OS would consider it a manufacturer defect and replace them or allow me to return them. All three that arrived had different cut/dye lots, and there were significant differences in the overall color cast, the binding, and one even was 3 in. larger than the other two. Also, that same one was stretched out and misshapen. I contacted Overstock to see what might be done and Customer Service was as helpful as they could be, given the circumstances. My only options were to return all three, or two of the three, hoping for a closer match. But I didn't have time to send back and forth and so opted to just return the one misshapen one. The replacement was STILL different in color, but much closer, and had the same shape and quality. After showing several people, I decided to keep the three I had, even though they aren't an exact match when you look closely. So, although I had a bad unit, OS took care of it, and that is why I rated it 4 stars/good. Now, as to the rugs. They really are a nice quality rug with a substantial plush feel underfoot. The color is a brownish-bronzey-olive with some pale gold, and fine white lined details. The pattern is a little stronger in person than on my monitor...I can see all the curving lines running through the leaf pattern from a distance. However, the scale of the rug, the room, and the furnishings work together so it isn't a problem. I do think the pattern is a good transitional one--could work in a more traditional, Art Deco, or modern setting.