When the rug first came and I unrolled it, it looked beautiful. It was the perfect size and color for the room! I was very very excited! Since I knew that it was going to shed A LOT (and it does!), I got out the Dyson to take a few laps around the rug.. So i took off my shoes and started to vacuum. Right away my heel landed on something very hard and kinda sharp. I knelt down and ran my fingers through the pile and felt this hard thing. I was able to pick it out and it was white and hard, but I was able to crumble it in my finger tips. I thought that was a fluke so i stood up an started vacuuming again. a few steps later and I step on some more hard stuff. So i get on my hands and knees and start running my finger tips through the pile, and these hard white clumps are EVERYWHERE!!!!! I think it has to be dried glue? from where they glued on the burlap type backing? So I called Overstock (it was friday at about 5 when I called) and they are going to accept the return. They asked if I wanted a replacement and I told them I would but ONLY if the rug is inspected for me before they ship it. So, as of right now, I am awaiting a call (it's Monday) to find out if this was just a fluke problem or all of them are like this. I hope I hear some thing soon. I am very upset as the rug is beautiful. Also, it is VERY heavy and I really was not expecting to have to roll it back up and take it down the stairs and into another truck; and then carry another one back up. Not to mention moving kings sized furniture around again. Would love to hear if anyone else had this problem with this rug or the company that distributes them
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty accurate, but more muted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Horrible quality control. Glue from backing oozed up between the pile all over the rug. Don't notice until you walk on it barefoot!
Thick and comfortable underfoot. Heavy enough that any wrinkles accrued in shipping work themselves out within a few days. Colors were true to what was on my computer screen. I was hesitant about buying a rug that I wasn't able to actually touch ahead of time, but the others' reviews convinced me to give it a try and I am very glad I did.
It does shed but I have never had a wool area rug before and it may be common. After one month the shedding seems to be slowing the more use it gets.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears good
I could not be happier with this rug. It is stunning quality. The colors are very accurate in my opinion. Great texture and detail in the picture. Shipping was super fast. The rug is very heavy. 105 lbs. I did not order a pad, but intend to do so. It doesn't smell. It was well packaged and protected. LOVE IT! I got the last one. Hope O restocks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Extremely plush. Very thick and beautiful detail
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great.
The main problem is the color not being as pictured. The color may still work for my room, but I'd much rather have chocolate brown. It is a nice quality rug and the pattern is great. I rated it as only good because of the kinks and what seems to be excessive shedding. I'm hoping both go down as it lays on the floor and gets used (It's only been out for a day so far.). Customer service said they had a gray picture, but would be happy to take the rug back. I didn't want to move my furniture again (it's a big rug so EVERYTHING had to move), so I'll probably keep it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture shows a chocolate brown border and background in the middle. It is NOT brown, but is a teal-ish gray.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice quality, lots of threads per inch, does have some kinks that I hope come out, also sheds A LOT (I emptied my bagless canister 7 times as I vacuumed it and probably went over it 6 times)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than the color, fine
Absolutely love this rug. Beautiful colors and exactly as pictured
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Top quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
The colors in this rug are outstanding -- not high-contrast and complement each other nicely. The colors shown online are brighter & higher contrast than in person. This rug has an elegant, quiet feel and would go perfectly with cream, tan, gray, and even blue or red couches! There are light accents of med yellow, light blue, and brick red in there too. The pattern has nice detail but isn't overly busy. I also bought a deluxe rug pad to go under it, and it's super soft underfoot. I didn't even occur to me how heavy a 10' x 14' rug is -- almost 175 lbs! But I did manage to lay it out myself.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors brighter on site; more soft/subdued in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I cannot say enough great things about this rug. It is so rich looking, and is HUGE! We have it in our family room, and everyone comments on what a beautiful rug it is! It's also a marriage of great colors to hide stains; thankfully, as we have two 150 pound dogs that love it as much as we do. Fabulous rug; SO happy I purchased it!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture appears brown; the rug is actually dove-gray!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabulous! Very luxurious looking rug at a very inexpensive price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? If you do your homework, this rug is also listed under a different name on O.co in other sizes. I am SO glad I figured it out and was able to see that this was my DREAM rug!