Would definitely recommend this area rug! I have it under a semi-casual dining table next to the kitchen. The rug actually measures 8' x 7' rather than 8' square, but that worked perfectly for the room area and oval table. I was concerned the texture might be scratchy for bare feet but it is not. Further it is closely woven so there is no problem with uneveness for chair legs or sitting "flat". I like the hexagon, it creates visual interest and uses less floor space to show off a wood floor. I am very pleased with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as expected, perhaps slightly ligher than the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality and great value
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate except see size comment below.
I like this rug, but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. The rug is much lighter than it was on my screen (a light sand color vs. dark tan on the screen), which I actually liked, but it was also significantly smaller than I thought it would be. It's 8' at its widest point, but closer to 6' on the thinner side, so it was too small for the area I bought it for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is significantly lighter in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good. The rug is softer than most natural rugs, but has visible stitching when viewed up close
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair. Smaller, lighter color than description indicated.
This rug is true to size, good quality (esp. for the price), and feels soft on bare feet. Would definitely buy again! Fits our eat-in-kitchen area with a bay window perfectly. I was looking for a round rug to hug into the bay window space and go under our round table, but didn't think it would look right. I found this and its the perfect shape for that type of room, and looks great under the round wood table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual product is a little lighter than in the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is tightly woven, does not shed, pill, or fray. Thin weave.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Great rug -- arrived in 4 days and exactly as advertised. It's a warm tan color (maybe a little less brown than it appears online) and fits perfectly under 42" round table with four chairs. Very high quality, but $100 less than an 8' round one in the ***** catalog. Overstock has consistently sent great products, delivered quickly, at a very reasonable price.
Nice for under my kitchen table- saves the wood floor. The edge on one side is uneven, will turn it around and see... It is very light and we need to remove our shoes! I cringe when company steps on it. Price was right but don't know how long it will be before I order a darker color carpet. Would say an 8' round would've covered better. Fast delivery!!!
Ordered this rug because of the Jute and the unique shape. It is awesome! The color is true Jute and it is well made. My only reason for not giving 5 stars is i wish it had a backing. If putting on wood floors, like me, you need a non-slip pad under it so it doesn't move all around. Looks great and i get many compliments on it.