Rugs are great. I bought an "8ft" and a "6ft" at the same time. Like others said, they are lighter than pictured, like the color you'd find of this type of rug in stores. It is a soft jute, can walk on with bare feet comfortably, and my discerning dog enjoys sleeping on it. These are a natural fiber-type rug. They don't shed and if they had a smell, it went away within a couple of hours (I don't remember a significant scent, any new rug would have a smell though). The "8ft" rug is 8ft point to point, and 7ft from the straight sides. The "6ft" rug is 6ft point to point and 5ft from the straight sides. They match each other in color and design and laid totally flat within an hour of putting them out. Hope that helps!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Awesome!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Great rug for the price. Using it in my kitchen to hide the terrible floor for now. It is going to the covered patio next month. Softer than I thought it would be, very easy to clean. Nephew spilled juicy juice on it, came right out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far, so good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I am very happy with this rug. The size and shape works great in my foyer which is almost square. I wanted something to replace a persian style rug for a cleaner lined, more contemporay look in my foyer. Because of the hexagon shape, this rug holds its own in design and design and brings a new, fresh look to my foyer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I've owned the rug for a month or so and the quality seems great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate for the most part. However, the rug is really more of a 5' diameter which worked out great for me!
This is a super nice-quality rug, and the hexagon shape provides a bit of a spin to the design. I needed a natural-color rug for my foyer that would blend into the natural color of our hardwood oak floor. I also needed a rug that would hide pet stains, and this certainly will. The color is an average taupe, with strands of gray and golden beige. Like our other knotty rugs, any dirt will vacuum off easily. Originally I had the fine sissel rugs and they showed every small spill and print. I'll never buy a fine-textured, mono-colored rug again! The description on this site says the rug is jute and wool. It is not; the tag says it's jute with 5 percent cotton, which makes sense. While the rug feels knotty, it's also pretty soft.
This rug was a cool shape so I bought it for under my new outdoor coffee table of the set I purchased. I thought I wanted a straw rug but, well, jute smells funny and when it gets wet its even worse.. smells like hay. Wet hay. and it also pulls easy, but then again I have two dogs who sometimes get into my screen canopy area. Pets love to scratch up straw..
Received the rug in a timely manner as usual but I have to say that if I had been shopping in a store I would have passed on this one. Although the workmanship looked to be decent, to me it was definitely not worth the price. The description says 6 foot of course and it's not, I would say it's at least 6 inches smaller. It also says the rug is .75 inches thick and it's not even close. Overstock however was great in the return.
I love, love, love this rug! As other reviewers have pointed out, it is much more blonde than the photo, but still beautiful and soft for jute. The hexagonal shape is quite unique as well. I've shopped around and this is an exceptional value for a jute rug of this size and quality. Highly recommended.