This rug is quite dark and the inside color is actually a lighter version of the outside color. I have a chocolate love seat and sofa and the color doesn't match exactly but the rug is so nice that we are keeping it anyway. It's very plush although not 1 inch thick like the description said. Its wool and I haven't vacuumed it yet so I can't attest to how much it will shed. My dog loves to lie on it. I hope that it lasts a long time and continues to look as classy as it does right now.
Overall this is a great, heavy rug that is neutral in many ways for most decors, especially in rooms with darker furniture. Because of the darkness, lint and other sorts of household "debris" is pretty visible on the borders. A great statement for floor decor at a great price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors online are fairly accurate - it was much darker than I anticipated, but after looking at the images again the accuracy is there.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality, and packaged well for delivery.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This rug is more of a light cocoa color, not a gold/ deep brown color as represented in the on-line picture. We were disappointed because it was a waste of time to order it and then have to return it. The color is more like milk chocolate, not coffee.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was completely different than represented.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate except the color.
The rug is plush and very soft. I haven't seen any signs of undue shedding . The design is clean, simple and understated, with a solid rug and contrasting border, which is the effect I wanted with my decor. Unfortunately, the rug is darker than the photo, particularly the inner rectangle, which in person is closer to the color of the border that is pictured on the website. The actual border is also just a bit darker than the border on the webhsite. This is a shame since it means the whole rug is a little too dark for what I wanted,. The lighter version (in beige) might have been perfect, but only if it is also pictured lighter than it actually is. ISo I'm going to keep it because the color is close enough to what I wanted for the price and it's not worth returning it for the beige, only to find that the beige is too light and I have to get the darker one back again. Other than the color being a bit too dark, the rug is very nice quality and design.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual color of inner rectangle is darker, closer to color of outer border in photo, outer border also darker than photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Plush and soft, edges seem well-stitched.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description of size and other features accurate, just a darker color than photo