Purchased this for a small office/guest room so it won't get much traffic but it seems fairly plush, especially when used with quality padding. The dog loves it and while the color was a much different shade of green, I'm willing to chalk up some of the difference to my monitor, although other reviews mentioned the color difference as well. It looks good, feels good and if I was looking, I'd buy this rug again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not that close but that might be my monitor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems fine
Loved the rug, but trying to use it on carpet and with ottomans on it, it would not stay flat. Tried all the usual solutions, but would begin to "wave" in short time. Believe on a hardwood floor, this would have been a perfect fit...It's thick and dense with fibers. Did shed in the few days I tried it, but think that should be expected with any good wool rug for a short time. I had to return as it didn't work for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice, thick
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Great price for size of rug! Cleans well. Some shedding but gone after vacuuming a couple of times. Does show vacuum tracks. Color more tree green not olive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is a little more tree green not as olive green as it locks
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is good after some vaccuming
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? size was right on but color a little off
This is my first big purchase on Overstock and all I can say is wow. The wool rug is fantastic! I ordered it on 12/22 and it arrived Christmas Eve. We unrolled right away and it laid well. The color is a bit on the olive green side. My family room has lots of earthtones and it looks great. The carpet was down for less than 24 hours when the first tragedy struck. A lot of RED wine was spilled onto the carpet (I can't have anything nice for long). Anyway, 3 guests blotted the large soiled area with dry and damp cloths and unbelieveably the stains came right up. I was shocked. I can't attest yet to the chronic shedding issues typically discussed with wool rugs but I can tell you that after a light vaccuuming it looks great!
Pros - Color is pretty much what you see, a medium sage center and a dark olive border. It actually measures 1" short on the width and length. I have tile floors and it is heavy enough without anything underneath to keep it from sliding.Cons - Leaves shoe prints because of the plush material. Needs vacuuming for a period of time to get all the loose material up (as most wool rugs do).Nice rug for the money.
I wanted a rug that I had seen in a catalog-they were no longer selling the loden green shade that I was set on. I decided to check out Overstock- as I've been quite pleased with recent purchases. This rug is all wool and cotton backed. It's heavy and feels "well made". The color is like a smoky green- I think the computer shot is a good likeness of the actual color. It's hard to find this size in many retailers as well...5 X8 too small to accomodate chairs and 8X10 swallows the room....just right...and the price is even better. Love it! Buy one!