It arrived difficult to unroll---as if it had been damp--then dried---this anomaly covering about half of it, and unevenly. It was a Cyber Mon. special, meaning NO RETURNS for any reason, so I'm happy with the color, texture, and how it fits into the decor of our home, but am NOT proud of it's sickly- cheap- rug- look. Had I been allowed to, I would have gone to the trouble of shipping back for an exchange of the very same rug. That is how convinced I am that storage and or shipping conditions was responsible for it's defect. My advice: If you like it, and can return it, go ahead and order. It's pretty.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I can't tell for sure but I think before it was ever shipped to me that it might not have been in good condition---more below
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This rug is a great value. Wool is the warmest rug fiber, and the cotton backing rather than synthetic enhances the quality and wear. As with any rolled product, a few hours to overnight with a few books serves to flatten it enough for safe use. I suspect the "shedding" issues reported in other reviews, may be due to lack of following the care instructions- no beater bar or agitator vacuuming, just bare floor setting. I have had no shedding since the 1st vacuum. I am now preparing to have the rug cleaned, and will update my review. But thus far (17+ mos), this rug is gorgeous, warm, and contemporary. Wish I had made this purchase when I purchased a larger different rug from Overstock.com- synthetic, pilling and shedding, unraveling yarns galore!
I love this rug. It's thick, plush and the colors are brilliant. I did not encounter any of the troubles a previous reviewer did with it laying flat. It did come rolled up but with a couple of weights on the corners, it was flat within a few hours. The colors are brilliant and the rug feels very rich underfoot. I would highly recommend this rug. We are using it in a child's room as part of a nautical theme. I can't say enough good things about this purchase.
This rug is gorgeous, soft, and thick. I am very picky so I do not rate this rug lightly. Some reviewers have noted it sheds but I haven't noticed that at all. I put this rug in my son's room (he's 14) because he loves all shades of blue. It looks amazing in his room.
Looks like it's worth way more than the cost. The material is surprisingly thick, and the colors are just as pictured. Because it's delivered rolled up, I had to weigh down the corners to settle the shape. A couple of days later and it looked great. No complaints!
When decorating my new home I decided to go with shades of blue for my Nautical theme. This rug is perfect because (as we all know) there are many shades of blue and it ties everything together. My space is small and my coffee table is clear glass so I wanted something that would be beautiful on it's own as it would show up through the table. This rug fit that bill and more. It is thick. It is colorful. It screams QUALITY. People ask me if I had it made since it seems to capture all of my different shades perfectly. Overstock was flawless and I couldn't be happier.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent rug, thick and lush
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurately described, only better!
Purchased this rug for a bedroom with hardwood floors for warmth and color. I have not noticed excessive shedding as any new rug will have, but I have followed the manufacturer's instructions NOT to use a carpet or beater bar setting when vacuuming- just a hard floor setting. Overall, love the quality, warmth, and colors of this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Accurate-No Surprises
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This rug is of very good quality and because it is wool, feels/looks expensive.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
This rug was a perfect match for the colors of my kitchen. It only lasted about a year when it began to fray on the ends. The rug sheds very badly and never stopped, no matter how much it was vacuumed. If you have dark floors, stay away from this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
The rug is very nice . I ordered two for areas in my living room to compliment a larger rug. The effect was achived and I am satisfied. The only slight problem is one rug is about 1/2 inch shorter then the other.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a well made rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same
Colorful rug is a nice addition to a room. It is softer than a pure wool rug because of the cotton in it. I bought the rug to spruce up my son's room for when he makes his first trip back from college, but I have friends who also liked the rug, one for her living room and another for her bedroom. Versatile. Especially good price for a kid's room or an area that gets lot of traffic.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Rug is brighter than it looks online, but I find this to be true with many products
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice pile
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This rug looks great in my son's room. You will have to vacuum it a lot in the beginning, as it does shed....but eventually it does stop. Be prepared to have your vacuum fill up with the shedding in the beginning...Really nice looking though and soft. I would buy again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality
I have very few rugs in my home, almost all wood floors we've kept bare. I went out on a limb with this purchase as we had a section of floor to cover. I'm so glad I purchased this - what a great price for a high quality wool rug! I haven't had much problem with shedding and it's very soft on bare feet!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors extremely close to actual product, maybe a bit deeper in the photo compared to actual, but hardly any difference
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is my first purchase from Overstock.com and I am not disappointed. When I unrolled the rug it flattened out beautifully and did not "roll up" on the ends. The colors are vibrant...true to the picture. I would definitely recommend this product.
This rug has rich, vibrant colors and seems to be very good quality. Nice and thick and soft, too. My only complaint is that it sheds alot. I have to vaccuum it every day (sometimes twice). However, we have had it about a month and it seems to be shedding less and less. Maybe the extra fibers just need to work themselves out? They get dislodged when we walk on it? Great rug for the price.
I ordered this rug for my one year old son's room. The colors are fantastic and look really good on the hard wood floor. It is serving as a soft play area in the middle of his room. I have noticed that the rug does shed some as mentioned in some of the other reviews, but its not terrible. I just run the vacuum over it once a week and its fine. I was hoping to find a similar one in pink for my daughter's room.