I purchased this carpet based on the reviews- I couldn't have received the same rug. Not sure what people are talking about. Yes, the rug is thick, very heavy, not really soft to the touch at all... unfortunately it sheds like crazy. We thought it would eventually stop shedding... we've had it for a while now and it's guaranteed to fill the Dyson with fibers, with each use. The fibers also drift onto the floor (dark colored wood floor). It also developed small bald spots- not something you want to see in your rug. I wish I could pawn this thing off on someone, but I'd hate to lose a friend. SAVE YOUR MONEY.
This rug is big and so beautiful, better than expected. I have three boys and 3 dogs so I was looking for a rug that doesn't look dirty right away so after looking for a while and reading the reviews I decided to buy it, after I unrolled it I kept looking at it and how beautiful it was -it is. I have had it for a couple of months and is still shedding but I love it...and still looks like new! I have received so many compliments! It has different patterns of leopard so it makes it different, not like all the traditional leopard prints, this one is 'one of a kind' very neutral, it is a sort of muted golden color with brown and black, very pretty. It looks expensive too! I plan to keep it for many years to come. Price is great for such a big wool rug. Buy it, don't hesitate. I wish I could post a picture of it for everyone to see!
I kept looking at this rug, but didn't purchase it because the description said it was predominately green. The photo didn't look green and I never heard of a green leopard, but I was skeptical. I finally posed a question about the color and got the answer I wanted -- no green! I ordered the rug late on a Sunday night and had it in my home on Friday. Great fast shipping and I love the rug. It is very heavy and the colors are, well, like a warm leopard, beige, brown and black. I unrolled it and it just sits on the floor with no bunching or curling. It is well worth the money, looks great in my home and it feels great to walk on it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color in photo is true, however description is incorrect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Mostly accurate, but color description was off.
Overall, if someone wanted a graphic, striking rug in shades of tan and brown, I think this would work. I was after a more "authentic" looking leopard print with more depth and range of color shades, so regretfully sent it back. Quality was as described, very nice, does not look like a "bargain rug" at all. Just not the overall appearance I was expecting. Overstock was a dream to work with every step of the way & I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything else from them. Great customer service!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is why I returned the rug. It was "flat" and one-dimensional, if that makes sense. Image on my screen has more depth, variation and appears richer than the actual rug. Monotone beige background, all the "leopard spots" exactly the same flat mocha brown, although they vary in shape and size. Might have worked in a different setting but not in my room.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was great (hence the four stars in spite of color issue); rug precisely the size stated, appeared to be very well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Well description states "green" but I knew that was an error. Description is technically correct, it's just that the image (at least as I view it) makes it appear much richer and more "leopard-like" than it really is.
I actually returned this rug, but only because the size that I ordered was too large for my room. The rug is lovely and seems to be well constructed. The variation in the animal print on this rug looks much better than some others that are all uniform.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
was a bit hestitant..but after reading other reviews,bought it. had it within six days. the colors are much better in person that the photo online..its warm and wonderful, love wool rugs but they are always sooo expensive..was thrilled to find my size and love the pattern..its does fill a vacumn, but that is common with wool rugs..and they eventically stoop it. I do say buy this when you see it, as its a great investment and will be a rug i keep for a long time..i love everytinh about it..and so do my cats....you can't go wrong.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? auctually the rug iscolors are better than pictured..love it!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. thick and soft and warm,well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great dscription
I was a little afraid of the thickness of one inch being a trip hazard, but it's not. IT's amazingly plush and cozy. I have it with beige and dark brown furniture and it looks awesome. IT's very classy and adds a real statement to the room. I am very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes the color is perfect. However the ad states it's green, it is thankfully not green.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. superb quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on target.
I love this rug. The description states green, however the primary colors are beige and brown no green. The pile is 1 inch thick and feels great under the feet. I am returning this rug for one reason only. I underestimated the size rug I need for my family room.
When I first saw the rug it was out of stock. I requested that overstock notify me when it was back in stock. I was never expecting to hear anything and within a week I got an email that it was back in stock. I ordered it immediately and it was delivered 4 days later. The picture does not do the rug justice, it is beautiful in color, is not shedding and does not move on the floor (I put it on top of tile). I have it paired with leather furniture and it makes the room. Do not hesitate to order this rug the quality is fantastic and the rug is soft to walk on. The wool is good quality. Too bad it does not come in a runner.
The rug arrived one week after placing order and was delivered to my doorstep. It is more than I'd expected and I had high expectations (based on other positive reviews). The pile is tight, it feels thick and luxurious and looks expensive. It really packs a punch in my living room. Love it!
My rug was delivered to my doorstep within three business days after placing my order which was fantastic. Very little shedding has occurred, the colors are great and I was amazed at the thickness of the rug. I have cream colored carpet with Old World Gold color on the walls and the leopard print really makes a statement. The quality, as well as the price is fabulous and I would recommend this rug to the "pickiest of picky".
This rug looks and feels great! It is a bit darker than the picture. We have a contemporary home with bright colors and this rug goes perfectly! We have a 4 month old and chocolate lab and we wanted a stylish rug that would not show dirt like a zebra rug. Would recommend. No shedding yet and no smell.
I love the rug but a word to the wise, the colors are really quite different in person. background is kind of a goldish beige color. Not at all like the picture. I have it in my living room with a chocolate brown leather sofa and it looks great. Doesn't show the dirt, and with 3 kids and dogs thats important to me. Its still shedding a little after two weeks but that is to be expectred when your buying a wool rug.
The picture accurately reflects the colors and pattern of the rug. The varying sizes of the spots and pattern make it interesting and does not look "faux leopard", but just "leopard like". We have it in our dining room, with red walls with cream wainscoating and it looks great-brings warmth to the room.. The quality of the rug is nice. We have not had problems with shedding. I highly recommend.
The rug came very fast, and the only downside was how heavy it was. Since it is wool, it is expected, but it is GORGEOUS. Looks exactly like the picture. My dogs have become obsessed with it and want to lay on it all the time. The only downside was it's weight, but it looks great and is so comfortable to walk on. Definitely recommended!!