I love this rug! It was way better than what I was expecting. It feels really good underfoot and is heavy. There is some shedding, but I've only had it a couple of weeks so hopefully it will stop soon. The color was more muted than I had expected but it actually looks better with our furniture and hard wood flooring. I am very pleased with the quality and am satisfied with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color on the website is much brighter. The rug is more tan than beige or cream.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
The rug feels very nice, and the design is pretty, but the colors in the picture and the description are inaccurate. The color is not ivory, it's beige. If you search for the "coliseum beige floral rug" on this site, you'll see that it's the exact same thing, except the pictures show the colors more accurately.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? In the picture, the rug appears to be ivory with pale blue and gold accents. In real life, the color is more beige, and the blue isn't nearly as bright as it looks in the picture. The gold is actually a mustard yellow, and there's a bittersweet orange color that is more pronounced in the actual rug. If you're looking for a blue and white rug, this is not it, it's actually beige and mustard with some burnt orange and dull blue.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is high quality and feels nice and plush under my feet.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than describing the color as ivory (it's actually beige), the description was accurate.
It was better than I even expected I couldn't have asked for a better rug and it match perfect
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I work in the home furnishings industry, and have been on the hunt for a nice yet inexpensive rug for my living room. I have an active family and change styles frequently so I did not want to spend very much. I am so happy that I found this rug! I agree with the other reviewers that the colors are more dull than what is shown in the picture, but that works well in my room, and it is still beautiful. It does shed at first, but that is to be expected with any wool rug. Simply vacuum regularly and that will subside. It is very plush, finished nicely and has a good backing. For the price, it has great quality. I love it! I have seen rugs of similar quality and style retail for 3-4 times the price, so it is a good value.
I just bought a couple of other rugs and the quality was bad! This rug is extremely nice and looks exactly like the picture. I found the same rung on another site and it was $350.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is the exact color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Love the quality
I was so disappointed when I received the rug. It look so much more vibrant and bright in the pictures shown; however, the colors were dull and bland. I really wanted to send the rug back, but it just seemed to much work to have the rug rolled and wrap and taken to the UPS store not to mention the return shipping cost. Even now when I look at the description on the sight I am annoyed because the colors in the pictures where exactly what I was looking for!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was very good just not as depicted!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Everything but the color was accurate
The rug is darker than as advertised. More a beige than an ivory. Good quality. The rug has lightened up a bit since we put it down but still I would never, ever call it an ivory rug. Beige background is probably more practical but would have preferred the lighter color.
This rug is very high quality. It is plush and soft. I did not have a shedding problem. All wool rugs shed some this was no more than any other I have purchased. I am really pleased with this rug the cost was very reasonable. You will not regret it if your purchase this wool rug.
First of all, I commend Overstock for their very speedy delivery, free shipping and well-wrapped product. However, the rug itself was a different story. I had searched so long for the right combo of colors, but like so many other reviewers, was disappointed in the background color of this rug. It is definitely NOT ivory, as stated, but a dirty beige color. I got this for under my large coffee table. It blended ok with the furniture and wood floors, but I wasn't too impressed with the dull colors! Didn't feel like going thru the trouble of returning, so I kept it. I spilled a little coffee on a corner of the rug, tried to spot-clean it with warm soapy water, but to no avail. Stain wouldn't come out and it left fibers very hard and shriveled. I had planned to get the 6 ft. round rug to match but have now changed my mind. Also, why are there so many different names listed for this same rug with the same color & design? I couldn't find a 6ft. round rug under Amanda Floral but found it under Coliseum Beige Floral - the same rug and colors! And it's the same thing on every website - different names for the exact same rug! How confusing and difficult for consumer. So far as shedding? It is every bit as bad as the other reviewers have said. The loose fibers fill my vacuum to the top even though I am just vacuuming around my coffee table!!! So disappointing and they spread across my wood floors. Wanted to much to love this.....
I might recommend this if you are looking for very light colors. I have a lot of brown / turquois blue and it looks like in the picture it would work, but it was really too light to really pop. I moved it to a different location than I had planned and it's a decent carpet, but just not one of my favorite ones that I ordered.
Yes, the color is a little different in person than on screen. The quality of this rug is outstanding. 100% wool, very well woven with nice, thick pile. I wasn't sure I was going to keep it, but now that I've seen it I'm very happy with this purchase and will be be giving it center stage in the new room.
I love the thickness of this rug, it's very soft. But I hate how much it sheds! There are fibers all over the house, no matter how often I vacuum. Keep a lint roller nearby if you plan on sitting on the rug while playing with your children. As others mentioned, the blue is not as bright as it appears on screen.
It is even more beautiful in person than it looks in the pictures. The thickness is great and feels soft to your feet. Like others have said it does shed, it's not a terrible amount and it is very fair, but can be annoying. Hoping as it gets more traffic and all loose will come out and it will no longer do that. But even with that I'm happy with my purchase and would buy again.
We have a cat that sheds less. Rug looks nice but I wouldn't get it again
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as vibrant as the pics look
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Rug sheds a lot, all day, every day. Pretty soft
I would recommend this site to my friends - this is second time I have purchased items through Overstock and I have been delighted with both purchases. I love the rug and use it in entry hall where everyone can admire it when they come in.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors are exactly as site shows
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is an excellent quality - tight weaving and very plush feeling
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on target