The actual color is more green than the picture shows Overall I'm happy with it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the actual color is more green-ish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 80% accurate
The ivory mist rug's color is very close to picture. The rug has nice calming abstract stripes. You'll need a pad, however, it's not very thick. It is piling a bit, but hopefully this will subside.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. mid range
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The rug I received was ivory and light green. The descripto on the tag said "ivory". It did not work for my application. What I LOVE about Overstock is that I was able to return the product at no cost, without any trouble. To be honest, other thatn the stripe pattern, i am not sure I received the right rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not the same at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate
Great looking area rug. Colors are natural in tone; darkest green seems to me to be lighter than it appeared on website. Colors and pattern compliment the room nicely, not loud or overbearing.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Colors a bit softer than shown on website.
- How is the quality of the product? Good quality; just the right thickness.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Arrived well wrapped and within just a few days of ordering.
The good news: The rug is excellent quality and soft to touch. It has held up well to the cat and the dog after five days on the floor (can't say that about the last rug!). It arrived very quickly. The price is great for this quality. But the warning: The colors were different than what I see on my monitor. I was expecting a mist/olive/grey effect since our room is mostly grey and muted green. When I first opened the rug, my first thought was, "Uh oh. It's gold." The largest stripes are gold which, combined with the light beige stripes, gave the rug a distinctly yellow-gold impression in the lamp (night) lighting. I didn't see any grey tones and the green was too bright. The next morning, with natural light, it was a tad more muted but still more green and less grey/mist than I was expecting. We're going to keep the rug - the quality and price is outweighing my distate for the gold color. But I was disappointed that Overstock did not have gold in the description. For another customer, those colors might be a plus. Another warning: Return shipping is extremely expensive. I read another review for an 8x10 rug that mentioned return shipping was only $$$ so I took the leap. Turns out that returning this or a similar size rug would be around $$$.
This rug is amazing! The colors in the stripes are pretty dead on to what you see here. The color of the shades have grey undertones which makes them a bit more muted and neutral. The rug has a nice weight to it and is very well made. There is plenty of cushion to the pile which makes it appear more expensive. My only reccomendation would be to be sure to purchase a rug pad to prevent slippage. I have my rug on hardwood floors with a heavy dining table and it still moves a bit. This is a definite good buy for the size.