The rug is tattered and a rich purple, just as pictured, but not comfortable on my feet at all! It's SO lumpy, that tables and chairs don't sit level. I wish that I had a place for this outside, it is too tattered and lumpy for indoors and IMPOSSIBLE to clean! You can't vacuum it because the leather strips are too long and it's SO heavy that it takes at least two strong people to shake it out. If it wasn't as rich in color and high quality leather, I would return it because it is not what I thought it would be.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, shaggy, leather strips, fabulous texture and depth to a room
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100% accurate
This is the coolest rug...Ever. But, be warned that it's not for everyone/every room. The description reads 'hand-tied', but the leather strips are hand woven through the cotton warp/weft structure and ARE NOT tied. So many strips worked out of the rug that it has several bare spots (from my energetic dog). I could repair it and actually tie the strips in, but instead I've chosen to give it up as a poor buying decision. If the manufacturer went a step further and added a backing, it might even have prevented the color bleed....just sayin'.
I love the look of this rug. The color is a great rich plum color. My issues with this rug is this: it is lumpy and not comfortable to walk on. Second, the pieces have been falling out since the day it got here. Since the rug is woven, the pieces are able to just come out so very easily. Lastly, this rug is nearly impossible to clean, so putting it in a high traffic area is an issue. I am so torn on this rug and I love it but I cannot keep it in my living room because I have had it for about a month and it is so dirty and I don't know how to clean it! It is a great deal and gorgeous rug but very difficult to take care of. Buy at your own risk.
This is not your typical area rug, it's very unique. My husband and I love it! It brought warmth to our space, and we have had many positive comments on it. When we first received it, it did have an odor, but after a couple of days it went away. Be careful if you have dogs. Mine took a liking to one of the leather strips. Thankfully, it didn't require a trip to the vet!
I LOVE this carpet! It did smell a bit funny when we first opened it but after about a week the smell went away. It looks absolutely gorgeous in my daughter's room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I purchased this rug after looking at rugs for months for my front room/living room. This is definitely a fantastic deal, and I have received multiple compliments from guests. I chose it to go with two dark grey West Elm couches and some Anthropologie panels in an eggplant print on light beige. The walls in the room are a light taupe/grey color. Ive since added a navy faux-suede chair and navy pillows. I also have a black baby grand anchoring one corner. Ive gone for a casual modern feel, and the whole room pulls together well. I mention all these details so you can have a better understanding of how the purple rug might go with other colors. It is definitely a room brightener, yet does not stray toward magenta like other "purple" rugs do. This stays true to the onscreen color...a violet/aubergine tone. I think because it is so dominant, though, a coffee table or ottoman or something that sits in the middle of it would help reduce its dominance (other reviewers mention using it under a bed in a bedroom--and I can see how that would work well). The texture is fantastic. It really makes a difference from an ordinary rug in terms of creating visual interest. It's comfortable under your feet. It is thick, but doesn't make the furniture wobble to have only 2 legs on it.I don't have a rug pad underneath because so much of it is anchored with furniture. I've read other reviewers mention cleaning with an upholstery attachment on a vacuum. I haven't tried that yet, but my dog has rolled around in it quite a bit (must be the scent--I don't smell anything myself) and I haven't noticed it collecting dog hair. My husband said it's about 150 pounds, so shaking it out outside isn't going to happen much (or at all), but I don't think that will be a big deal for us as it's in a less-used living room (vs. a family room where the kids are spilling all the time). All in all, very pleased with this purchase (and extremely quick delivery).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Nice leather pieces of "shag." Color is just like web photo ... a nice plum color. Just beware that the leather shag pieces are thick so you will not want to put a dining set on top since it will be tough to constantly move chairs in and out from table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. heavy rug with great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I wish I could get one in 10 x 14' the full size of my bedroom! I love this rug, I got the last one in stock. I am au purple fanatic and just cannot way to set this up in my bedroom. Alas, I must paint and get my new bed, but now I am soooo motivated to get that done asap! Thank you overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Extremely well made, very unique and a real eye catcher
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as I had envisoned
This is the only Overstock purchase that I found not up to the "O" standard.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not at all.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Only average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It should be called a rag rug because the pieces are so big.
Finding the right area rug let alone the "perfect" ONE IS A TASK IN IT'S SELF...Overstock. com has the best selection of contemporary area rugs around. It's been so difficult finding "PURPLE" let alone the right purple shade. This leather area rug is incredible. The perfect plumb purple...great texture...imagine, a leather area rug. Not a negative comment from anyone that has seen or walked on it. Thank you Overstock.com for giving me many choices and the opportunity to buy...THE PERFECT ONE!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as I had invisioned it would be. A true deep plumb purple...Love it!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. definitely not your average ... I would have to say...well above average...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Understated...it really is so much more than words can say...awesome!!!