I've been looking around for a while to find a hall cabinet to put into a little nook in my new home. I liked this piece because the dimensions seemed to fit the space, and I thought the color contrast was cool and I wanted a nice piece of wood furniture. The item was shipped and delivered quickly, and I was impressed by how well packaged and protected it was upon delivery. But one of the latches to hold the door closed was twisted (my husband will have to fix that), and it wobbles on one of the feet (again, my handy husband will need to balance it out). The cabinet itself looks decent. There are some bumps in the workmanship, but the whole piece is basically particleboard so I do feel that I was ripped off cost wise ~ that's why I said "Buyer Beware". This is not a heavy, solid piece of wood furniture as it looks like in the picture. Also, just so you know - stamped across the back is "Made In China" so this is not a US made piece of furniture either, and it does have the look of "cheap" China manufacturing if you look close enough. I've learned a lesson, I will not purchase a piece of furniture from OverStock.com again or probably anything else for that matter - as I feel based on other reviews, the description posted on the website, and what I received - that there was some deception involved so this website is not the place for me. I am going to make the best of it though, and think the piece looks nice where I put it in my dining room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the chest is nice, deep brown almost black and then the cupboard doors are a walnut color for nice contrast
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this product is basically particleboard.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description dimensions were inaccurate (several inches shorter than stated), but the piece fits perfectly where I wanted to put it so not a problem for me.
Would NEVER recommend this product to anyone! We bought it from Overstock (in another color finish) a couple years ago - more than we've ever paid for a piece of accent furniture, but the shape & size of the piece was what we were looking for. When it arrived, there were some places inside the cabinet door where the paint was chipped off. We should have returned it immediately, but my wife wanted to keep it cuz we needed a narrow-sized piece like this for our small entry way. Not returning it was a mistake. Despite the steep price, the finish is super cheap. Be warned: this is not a stained piece of furniture - it's painted; and in a high traffic area like a front hallway, that means every time someone's foot bumps it (or they puts their keys in the drawer) there is another little chip in the paint. We have no kids at home by the way, so we're not rough on furniture. It's just a very high-priced, low-quality piece. Overstock sells it in several paint colors, currently for an outrageous list price of $899; I would not recommend buy it in any color, unless you like repairing your overpriced furniture with shoe polish.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor finish; chips easily
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
Beautiful piece that looks expensive and elegant. The reviews of this product helped me make the decision to finally purchase this piece of furniture. Again, reviews never disappoint and are very accurate. Thank you:)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is a great piece of occasional furniture. I was looking for a small hutch for our powder room that was not too deep and that's kind of hard to find. This piece has helped create a perfect formal powder room. Friends have told me that it "completes the room" Its great and a wonderful price. Don't hesitate to pick this up while they last.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great...typical for Pulaski products
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate. It came perfectly packaged and no damages
I had a corner in my condo that I couldn't find anything that would quite fit in it and look nice, everything was either to big and bulky or would stick out where I couldn't open my closet door. When I came across this piece and took the measurements, I figured that I would give it a try and ordered it. Well it fit just right. Everyone that comes over always comments on what a nice piece it is. It's very rich looking. Thanks again Overstock for making my life easier in the comfort of my home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
The chest is the right fit and color for the space i needed to fill. It's sturdy and well built to spite the scratch on the front and the paint bubbles on the door.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly what I was expecting.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The overall quality was good, but the product arrived with a scratch on the front and a few paint bubbles on the door.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The on site description of the product was accurate on all counts.
I received this item in perfect condition and it was fully assembled. It is a very nice ,small cabinet and I am using it to put the media box in under the wall hung TV. It is very classy and I am very happy with the unit as I am with all of my overstock.com orders.. The inside shelf is not very deep but I made it work.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good but the inside shelf is not 12 inchs it is only 7-8 inches in places
I love my new chest. It looks just like the picture. It's a great piece.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks just like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is very nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This chest is so beautiful. It looks like a very expensive antique piece. The picture that was displayed was inaccurate. It was twice as beautiful than shown. I'm utterly happy. Overstock.com is a great site to find just about anything you want or need. I've purchased several other items from Overstock, all with the same outcome relating to quality and service. From now on this is my go to site for anything!
This chest arrived perfectly preserved...the box was definitely beat-up but the chest was in excellent condition. The color was exactly as displayed online, however... the chest would have been more suited for an apartment or loft. The one major set back is that the online photo led me to believe the chest was taller than it actually is...
This arrived within days---with no advance notice and a driver who said he could not deliver to our door. Luckily we had just gotten home when he called to say he was at the front of our property. My husband had him load it on his truck, but of course, we then had to unload it. I was disappointed that the front panels on the door are much darker in color than pictured. My piece was well packaged and did not the have minor damage noted by previous reviewers, but as one stated, I don't think this console is worth the price. For example, the seams on the door frames aren't smooth. I've looked at Pulaski furniture in stores and have never seen this before. Looking at previous comments, I asked O if this might be a manufacturer's seconds before I purchased and was told absolutely not. The console is the right size for my entry and if you don't look at it too closely, it looks good. I'd just warn buyers to beware of the quality.
I paid $*** for this chest and I think that it should cost $249.00. I have seen several locally that was around $249.00. I did have a problem with my chest when I opened the box it was damaged in several spots, the back panel (cardboard was torn from one side to the other and it was packaged from the manufacturer this way...there is no way that the packager did not see the damage) There is also several long scratches on the right side base. I contacted Overstock.com and they were very accommodating, they promptly credited some $ to my PayPal account after trying to only give me a smaller "store" credit. The bottom line is that they were eager to make me satisfied and I am. So I would purchase from Overstock.com again, however, I would not purchase any other furniture from Pulaski Furniture because it's too expensive for the material and they obviously do not take pride in their packaging.
Needed chest that was narrow in depth to fit odd space in entry. Searched for ever!! This chest fits the bill. It is lovely. Chest originally arrived damaged. Customer care was quick to send replacement and I am very pleased with customer care.
I am very happy with this chest. It is a lovely addition to my home and it fits perfectly in the space that I picked out for it. It did come with one small scratch in the wood, but I have some wood paint filler that I used to fix it. The finish goes very well with other pices that I have . I do love it and everyone who has seen it thinks it is in deed, "lovely to look at". The drawer is a little tricky to close, you have to use both hands as it does not slide really well, but all in all, its a 4 star to be sure. .
The small chest arrived within 5 days of order. The workmanship is fine, but the chest really is small.The dimensions posted at 36" wide is incorrect, the piece measures 31 1/2 across the back and 33" across the widest area on the top front of the chest. It does not measure 36" or close to that any where.It is 34" high.If you measure the depth across the bottom you may find 12". Across the top the widest area only measures 11" deep, with the smallest area at 10" deep.
By Review Response Team
Thank you for writing this review on the Hand-painted Walnut Chest. After researching this issue, we have found out that our warehouse listed the dimesions for this item from the largest part of the item itself. In this particular case, the bottom of the chest should measure 36 inches as it is the widest part of the item.