The colors reminisce of an older carpet. The red varies by yarn weave - deep, rich, beautiful burgundy overall. The "black" is a midnight blue. Well made. If you're looking for soft, this isn't for you. It is at once silky and scratchy to bare feet, as all wool tends to be. Goes well in a 1920s craftsman house.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Reds and blues are deeper and richer than picture. Natural jute colored, not tan. Yellow is faint. Green is pale.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
What a find! This rug is just beautiful. The center is a little brighter than the picture, but the earlier reviews had mentioned that so I was not caught off guard. I have checked around and no where have I found this quality for this price. We put this rug in our kitchen to protect the wooden floors and it has brightened up the whole room. It would be great in a study or a den as well. Thanks for a great buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little brighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurage
We are very happy with this rug. It is exactly as described. The colors are true to the advertised picture and it coordinates well with the furnishings in our den. We laid it over wall to wall carpeting so we did not use a rug pad. It is the focal point of our room. We consider it a great bargain and we are very pleased with this purchase.
It is the hardest thing to buy rugs online. I ordered the 8 X 10. The colors are great in real life, but the design is a little too "big" for my room. Plus, I was hoping it would strike me as more of an oriental kilim, and it really reads southwestern kilim when it is down on the floor. It was just the wrong style for my room. but, my fault! I did have buyer's remorse after ordering it, but it was too late to cancel. If you are looking for a rich, southwestern rug, this one would probably be perfect. I'm sending this one back. I want a pretty heriz, but Overstock doesn't have any in this price range. Oh well, live and learn!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was really close, perhaps a tad richer in real life
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality looks excellent, though I haven't inspected it closely.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
This is the first rug I've purchased from Overstock and I am 100% happy with my purchase. I was looking for a natural fiber rug (e.g. no synthetics) in a traditional style at an affordable price. I wasn't necessarily worried about the thickness of the rug, but instead the durability, since the rug is going in our family room where our children and their friends play (and snack!). I am extremely happy with this rug. It is a flat rug - it actually came rolled/folded in a small 2 ft cylindrical bag. The fibers are definitely wool (with I am guessing some jute thrown in - probably in the warp). It isn't soft and silky like a more plush rug would be - but it isn't scratchy like a 100% jute rug either. It is exactly what you would expect from a flat woven wool rug. The colors, while a little off from the image, are still lovely. What looks like a light blue is actually a light sage green. What appears to be a beige in some instances is actually grey (key pattern along the red). The red is absolutely gorgeous - more of a cranberry than a brick or barn red. The edges are beige and black. I haven't laid the rug down yet - and it isn't yet 'kid tested' - so I can't say with 100% certainty that this rug will hold up to the wear and tear of a family. But, from all appearances, I would say that this rug will stand the test of time. I would definitely recommend this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are a little off. What appeared as a light blue is distinctly sage green. What looks like a light beige is a distinct dull grey. The red is a lovely cranberry color. There are warm tans, and black hues as well in the rug.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug appears to be beautifully woven. The quality seems high. The colors, while a little off from the picture are lovely.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate