It sheds really badly. I guess this is a characteristic of hemp/jute. I have other hemp rugs though and they don't shed this much. I am not too crazy about the way it looks either
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sheds...a lot.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
I was told that this rug is a cut pile; however it is mostly a looped rug that alternates with a cut pile. It does have a coarse, natural texture and is thick and dense (very heavy!). The loops are fairly loose, it is not a tight compact weave. The colors are beautiful and accurate to the picture shown, although I did not unroll the rug, there was a rip in the packaging that allowed me to view the colors and texture. I gave it 4 stars, because it was not what I wanted (a cut pile carpet) and I returned it.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes