I actually purchased this rug on a whim, prepared to send it back in fact. I was back-and-forth with the exact same rug from P.B., but I appreciated the price tag on the Overstock rug better however, I was confused about the color: was it “sand” or was it “beige” (the product’s description listed both). To be frank, I thought I was in need of a beige-colored rug for my living room but when this sand-colored beauty arrived, there was no chance I was sending it back! It is a beautiful hue: a perfect sand color, not too yellowy. It blends perfectly with my light-maple floors, which are close to an oak-color. Also surprising, the rug did not have a “smell” as several other rug reviews refer to. In fact, I unrolled it and placed it in the living room where we have been enjoying it ever since. The rug is of high quality, feeling soft yet thick under your feet. While I have only been using this rug for a few weeks, there has been no pilling or other misfortunes. I absolutely recommend this product and if this is what I can expect to receive from Overstock, this will definitely not be my last rug purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The rug is indeed “sand” colored. (Don’t be deceived: in the rug’s description it indicates the color is “beige”. This is incorrect.) The color is almost a perfect match to the picture, and blends perfectly with my oak wood floors.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes
I will have to figure out how to repackage and return this rug as well as the other one of the same color that I bought for two adjoining rooms. Of five rugs that I purchased from Overstock.com, the three others matched the photo and the online reviews.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not only did the photo show a beige rug, but the color description was beige. What I just unrolled is greenish and clashes with my furniture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I can't get over the fact that the color is so far off. Everything else is fine.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No