This light is pretty and the light covers are very unusual. It came well packaged and the electrician had no problem installing the light. It is in my dining room and I think it looks very nice. The metal is as described and overall the light is very nice. I did have to put it together, but it wasnt too hard.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This chandelier is absolutely gorgeous! The picture shows the general shape and color very well, but the detail on the glass is not very visible in the picture on Overstock and it is simply beautiful (the inside of the glass shapes is covered with little crushed crystals that give them a more sophisticated bling than you would expect from the price of this product). The installation was not as hard as we expected but it does take about an hour to get two of these up. Assembly was a breeze following the instructions. Now the cons. We had a small problem after the installation, which you should consider if you are thinking about buying this fixture - the stickers on the lights say you can use up to 60 watt bulbs but this turned out to be BAD advice. We actually got 40 watt bulbs to play it safe. After only a few minutes, we noticed that the lights were beginning to sag a little because the plastic ring in the sockets was starting to melt! We had to go back to the store and buy 2 watt (equivalent to 25 watt) LED lights to replace the 40 watts. The LED's worked fine because they don't get hot like incandescent bulbs but they do cost $10 per piece (that's $50 per chandelier for light bulbs), so be prepared to spend some extra cash on bulbs. LED's use much less energy and last a lot longer than normal light bulbs, which is why I am still giving this product 5 starts, however it was an unexpected investment we had to make.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? About the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I had been looking for a new chandelier for my dining room on and off for about 6 months. Nothing caught my eye in the various retail stores I visited. I knew once I got a glance and that gut feeling, I would know it. I decided to search online at overstock.com and it only took me about 15 minutes to come across this product. I purchased it immediately. The lamp is perfect. Even though the color on the website appears a littler darker, the lamp is beautiful. I would have given 5 stars, but two main issues – one is that the little pedals are very thin and bend easily. That is no major issue since once you hang it, I doubt you will touch it very much after that other than changing bulbs and cleaning where you will not touch the pedals. Secondly, the packaging was horrible to say the least. I know the website said assembly required, but this product is not easy to put together. We had an easier time putting together the exercise equipment. My recommendation to overstock and the manufacturer is to assemble the chandelier prior to shipping leaving only the shades and bulbs to be added. It took 1.5 hours to assemble and hang, but 1 hour alone just to assemble. Would I still recommend the product – ABSOLUTELY. It adds beauty to any room and I am very happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the website was a shade or two darker than the chandelier in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The pedals on the lamp are very thin and bend very easily. Other than that, the rest of the product is rather strudy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Mostly accurate, but should have elaborate on what was explicitly meant by assembly required.
I love this chandelier, now that it is completed and hanging. However I now realize why it was such an excellent price. Everything was in pieces!!! Thank goodness my husband is very handy, but it took him about an hour and a half to have it even resembling a light fixture. Very pretty now, don't think I could convince him to do another though. Haha
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pretty good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Now that it is assembled and in place, it looks very nice in the area that it was intended to be. However, the lower rating is due to the terrible condition of the arrival of the first shipment. Assembling parts were missing, 1/4 of the instruction sheet was torn off and not in the box, one of the sockets for the light bulb had a chunk broken off, and the white styrofoam packing material was also partially missing. Customer service was excellent! Once I listed all the issues to the agent and asked for replacement parts, she send a whole new fixture and a prepaid shipping label to return the defective one. Together we agreed I should keep the first shipment until the 2nd arrived in case I needed parts. Turns out I did not, but it was good knowing I could create 1 lamp out of 2 if necessary. It does look perfect in the area and because there is no natural light, the 5 downward facing lamps cover the whole room and the glass shades are very unusual and distinctive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. had issues
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I love this chandelier. It took some effort to assemble but the directions were easy to follow. It looks just as it was described in the posting. Works perfectly. I have it in my kitchen, over the island. It offers plenty of light for kitchen tasks. I would recommend this to others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate