Beautiful rug that feels amazing underfoot: barefoot heaven! It's a creamy, ivory tone with some gray fibers. I was a bit worried that the plugs/nubs would make our room look busy, but that did not come to be. The nubs do go in all directions, they don't look 'ordered' or symmetrical, but it's not too busy for the eye. The rug didn't smell bad when we opened it, and I'm very sensitive to smells. Nevertheless, we let it air out for two weeks in the basement, then we vacuumed it five or six times, filling the vacuum up with fibers each time. The rug does shed, but the extensive initial vacuuming seems to have helped a lot. We have dark hardwood floors and there were loose fibers visible just as soon as we laid it down. It's expected with all natural fiber carpets, and the beauty and comfort of this rug sure makes up for the regular sweeping for us. I would recommend 100% wool rugs for everyone (ultimate comfort, no static, easy cleaning due to natural oil, longevity), and the Nimbus rug for anyone looking for this type of rug...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close, but the color is cool rather than warm. The rug's color is a cool ivory with some gray in it, being a natural sheep wool rug.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Almost perfect. There were a few plugs that arrived loose. We had to manually pull them back into place. Easy enough.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? A little bit smaller than the 8x10 listed on the web site, but only by an inch+ in each direction.
Like the other reviewers, we love the look of our rug - it is pretty, looks expensive, very soft - but it seriously sheds like an animal. We have to vacuum every few days around it to maintain the shedding, and the first few weeks - every 2 days. It seems to be shedding less these days after 6 months of use, but be warned.
I ordered this rug and received the identically name but completely different style rug "Hand-woven Nimbus Ivory Wool Rug". After the first time I assumed it was an accident, the second time we were scrambling to get it in for our showroom opening and well, it was wrong. Buyer beware, if you don't want to spend hours wrapping, unwrapping, hauling it to UPS, and dealing with poor customer service don't buy this rug!
We have been searching for a great rug for our new home and a lady at pottery Barn tried to sell us on a similar Wool rug that listed at $1100 , I said NO WAY to the wife and we looked elsewhere. I found this rug on overstock, and at a savings of nearly $600 decided to go this route. Boy were we wrong...We loved the feel and the color but seriously for weeks it looked like we were breeding German Shephards in our house with all the shedding!! We are very clean people and this would just not work. Lets put it this way...if you layed down on it for a cozy night watching a movie with the family you would have to go through a case of lint rollers to maybe get the wool off your clothes... On another occasion I tried to vaccuum it with our new Dyson Animal and had to empty the container no joke 3 times, and then I gave up. Beautiful rug if you have a IRobot vaccuum on 24/7. STAY AWAY!!! I did return it however to Overstock and they were phenominal. We got free shipping and they paid for the shipping to return it and gave me a 100% full refund to my card. GO OVERSTOCK! Great customer care. Hope this helps :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Its a bit more white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. You can tell it is great wool and nice and comfy, but sheds ungodly amounts!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Acurate
the rug smelled the rug smelled the rug smelled the rug smelled the rug smelled the rug smelled the rug smelled the rug smelled
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it smelled
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it smelled
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it smelled
My rug was left downstairs and I had to carry it up three flights of stairs by myself... I thought someone farting was trailing behind me because the rug stunk so bad. It's been over 3 weeks and the rug is not as stinky. However, I have vacuumed this beast at least 20 times now (my downstairs neighbors must think I'm an uber clean freak) and IT WON'T STOP SHEDDING! Every morning I wake up and it looks like I have several dogs. I have no pets. To make matter worse, the weave starts to come apart after several vacuums. I've had to loop pieces back in on my own. Overall, the look is nice, but the shedding is unbearable. It has lessened after the last 3 weeks... I'll give it a couple more weeks, but it may have to go back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? relatively accurate with some varied gray and tan areas
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
Rug was what my wife and I were looking for to put in the family room. The color and quality are great for the price. We don't mind but this rug sheds. It lays on medium to dark wood floor and we easily have to vacuum weekly to keep the floor looking shed free. Really soft under foot. Our dogs love to lay on it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for price. Sheds
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
Purchased one of these for the dining room and just purchased another for a guest room. The rugs have great texture and it feels great to rub your feet on. Our poodles pass up all other rugs in the house and sprawl out on these for their afternoon snooze...a big hit with them! If I had anything negative to write, it would concern shedding and smell. They shed a lot and can fill up a vacuum cleaner bag quickly. Also for the first few days after unpacking them, there is a strong animal smell, but that goes away after 48 hours or so.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
I really love this rug. I was hoping it would be a little more white than cream, but it still looks great in our family room. It feels really nice underfoot and has great visual appeal. My main concern is the shedding. I read the reviews on here so I had a bit of an idea but I didn't realize the extent to which it sheds. We have a charcoal sectional that sits on it and it's litterally covered in the rug fibers. I vacuum all the time and hope it eases up soon!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The pictures on the site vary. The close up one looks really white and the rug is more of a cream color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is a nice wool rug. It is thickly tufted and knubby. When you vacuum, expect a LOT of fiber to be lifted, which is common for genuine fiber rugs. I've placed it in a more formal entrance area that looks out onto a courtyard. The rug is noticeable to the eye but gets virtually no traffic. It's soft, though, because our Bichon and Terrier both LOVE the guy and rest there often!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close. The color is a little uneven, likely due to the genuine fiber
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality. I'm not using the rug as an everyday rug... I want to preserve the color and tufted height.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I had been looking for specific ****-like rug and this was a close to perfect match. Love everything about it but does shed excessively. Hoping shedding minimizes soon.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality and matched what I was looking for
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? extremely similar
This rug feels amazing! I purchased this rug for our bedroom and I cannot wait to step onto it in the morning when I wake up! I found the same rug in a store in Denver for ***! I loved the rug but not the price, so I decided to look on Overstock. I have purchased several rugs from them and have loved them. The only problem I had was that there are two rugs very similar sold on Overstock, but about *** difference and 6" in length difference. The wrong rug was sent to the house. When I opened it and measured a few weeks after its arrival for a rug pad (also purchased on Overstock)I realized I received the wrong rug. Overstock offered to exchange for the rug I purchased ("Jefferson Wool Rug" 8'x10'6") or refund the difference. This rug is so beautiful I decided to keep it! I will try to write another review down the road after I see how it holds up. Thank you Overstock! You have done it again!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The rug is a light cream color. I feel it is very comparable to the picture, however; it is wool so there will probably be color differences between different rugs.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Plush, Plush, Plush. The rug pile is 1" and feels like you are walking on clouds. I just unrolled it so I am not sure how long it will stand up but the backing on the rug looks to be very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This is a great rug! Creamy ivory, soft and cushy! Fabulous product for the price! Slight odor out of the package but it disappeared within a few hours. It definitely sheds but no more than any other wool rug I've ever had. Have only had it a couple of weeks so can't speak to the long term durability but it looks great in my room. Highly recommend!
we've only had this carpet a short while, 2 months, and as expected it will shed Alot in the first week or two. Be prepared to run a vaccum over it every other day for the first few weeks. it seems like it will be pretty durable as i think we are harder on carpets than most. we switched out our old oriental rug for something more contempary and wanted something that our nieces and nephews will enjoy crawling around on more. we bought the pad that goes with it and it helps with comfort when layin on. only drawback is the shedding .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was as stated in the description.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Our rug arrived today. It is not nearly as white as it appears to be in the photo. The rug is beautiful, but watch out....it sheds terribly and the bedroom door will not close over it! My husband and I aren't sure if shaving down the door is worth it. The rug is beautiful and very soft, but I've vacuumed twice and both times we've needed to clean out the vacuum trap. We may return.
I just got it today and it's exactly what I wanted. I've seen these thick tufted rugs in designer shops for many times more. The color is a neutral off-white and it looks and feels great. It does not have an odor like some rugs seem to have other than a faint wool smell. I didn't give it 5 stars only because I don't know how it will be given time and wear. A great buy!!