I have owned this rug for about 10 months now. It is much thinner than I expected. It's actually thinner than some of the dhurrie throw rugs I own. Because of the thinness, it stretches out in some places, bunches up in others. I have a rug pad under it, and it still stretches out when the couch shifts. As a result, there are places where the hardwoods are showing through the open weave. I do have dogs, which has contributed to the wear, so I guess if you have a pet free, child free home, this rug would be ok. Otherwise, just know that within a couple months, it's not going to look like it did when you bought it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is almost the same as on screen, just a little darker than the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I suppose you get what you pay for.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate, but I wish a "thickness" description had been listed.
The rug sheds. A LOT. I've had it for a week and have been vacuuming it at least 2 times a day and I have had to empty my vacuum twice already because it gets so full. I can see the fibers everywhere, and it's worse because I have black bookshelves. When I wear dark clothes, the fibers from the rug cling on to it. Also, the rug is course and feels more like an outdoor rug. It's okay value for the price - it's definitely one of the cheapest rugs for the price, but you get what you paid for. Don't waste your time.
I somehow neglected to read the reviews on this rug when I purchased it. We looked at so many, I guess I was overwhelmed. For the price, you get a HUGE rug. The problem is, it stretches in the corners, doesn't always lay flat and slides all over the place without a rug pad. It's like having a large jute blanket laying on your floor. If it wasn't so costly to return this, we would have sent it back. We will probably just move it into our playroom when we find a rug with are happy with.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? acurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
When I first saw this rug I thought the wrong rug had been shipped. The rug is very thin. It looks to be very cheap - like maybe from the dollar store. I will not order another rug online. I will buy in a bricks and mortar store where I can see the product. I am very disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Did not
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality - very thin rug but then I should have known you get what you pay for.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate - description definitely does not match the rug
I chose this rug because I don't care for the look when jute rugs are finished with binding around the edges. The color was way off as it looks more like a solid beige rather than the plaid. The large rug was very raw around the edges, with the jute unraveled and knots every few inches poking through around all the edges. I had to use a crochet hook to pull the mess through the back and now the unraveled jute is so close to the edge, I will need to purchase some kind of tape to finish the backside or it will fall apart. It is not that thick so the edges roll and surface is wavy as soon as you walk on it. I should have returned it, but I had already put in down and put furniture on top. It's junk. update 3 months later.... I am so disappointed that I didn't return these rugs. The ends aren't even tied and they continue to unravel. These rugs get VERY little wear (they are on top of high-end carpeting on either side of my bed) and they both are stretched and ripped and won't lay flat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is more plaid-like
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
This rug has a bit more detail in the checkerboard pattern thanyou are able to see on a screen. It is soft, neutral, not too thick yetadds a bit of texture to a room. It can go with modern or classicdecor...what a great value for the price!
This rug is of a naturally hard material so dont expect a soft comfy rug. Its a rustic look and a alot of rug for the money. The color was a nice nuetral shade of beige/tan. Nothing fancy but it covers a bare floor. Just what I expected
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. natural jute as described, not soft...quality was fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a beautiful rug, but super thin. You must have a rug pad under it or it kinda acts like a blanket. It sheds a little and it a little rough when you are sitting on it. I have this rug in my baby twins room, so its fine for now. I
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was accurate with the description of the rug.
My new Hand-woven Natural Jute Rug fits perfectly in the living room. I am very pleased with it's quality, texture and I was pleasantly surprised by it's aroma.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. made well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
This rug has been in my daughter's nursery for 1 year now and looks brand new! It is very pretty and the two tone makes it look very expensive. When we changed my daughter's room from a nursery to big girl room this suckers is going in the dining room!
This is a great, big rug for the price. Color is neutral and looks beautiful in my sunroom. It is very important to use a substantial rug pad, as it was very shifty on my wood floor until I upgraded the pad.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color on site is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality rug, good value
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description on site is accurate
I have now had my rug for about a month, and I am extremely pleased with it every time I look at it. The checkered pattern gives it richness and variation. This rug has brought my bedroom together in the right way. I definitely recommend purchasing a pad underneath to finish it off. I gave it 5 stars!
i wanted an affordable rug to replace my high-maintenance, wool oriental. i have pets and just wanted something that i can afford to replace easily. i like the fact that the rug is reversible. it fits the room nicely and is easy to vacuum. one end curls up. i highly recommend a rug pad to go under it.
I bought this rug for my dining room and didn't really know what to expect. It is very cool looking! I have no complaints about shedding or smells like some other people did. There is realy neat detail in rug that adds something to the room other jute rugs don't!
I forgot what Jute was, but its a lot like burlap in texture. The rug is well-made but had a smell of something like mineral oil to it. That eventually faded and now it just smells like burlap. I like it, and it certainly keeps the cold floor covered. Nice rug.