I like this rug. The faded denim makes a nice muted texture. Since the color has variations, it works well for me, since I didn't want a solid color that would show dirt and I couldn't find a pattern that I liked. One edge of one the strips has popped loose and sticks up but I think i can push it back under the weave. Since the rug is made of recycled jeans, this isn't a surprise and I think it will be okay. I also purchased a rug pad, to keep it from sliding on the floor but it is heavy enough that I don't need it. I would recommend this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice rug, very heavy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
This rug is lighter blue and has much more of the "hemp" component than it appears on the photo. This makes the rug really denim and tan, rather than mostly denim. Also, the hemp is very twine-like and rough. It has places where the denim is knotted and lumpy and places where the denim strips seem to just stick out. Overall, it is loosely woven, not quite as tight as one would hope. There were LOTS of airborne fibers when I first rolled it out and it was irritating to my eyes and skin. There was also a somewhat insecticidal smell that is fading. I wanted this in an office area, and I will keep it, but I was not as pleased with it as I was hoping. It is a low-rise rug, and my office chair can roll on it without much difficulty.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? lighter overall
love the rug, like the materials it is made up of & the price is great. i bought 3 8x10 rugs from overstock for $495. you can't beat that. went away from the more expensive wool rugs, and bought more natural rugs- jean rug, leather & hemp rug & a sisal rug. my only complaint is it feels damp & i don't like the smell at all-hope it goes away. i have asthma so i pick up more on smells than the ordinary person & am just sensitive to odors. other than the odor, love the rug-vibrant, color variations & unique different rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes, nice variations of jean colors, just like picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice, don't know how it would hold up to a very heavy traffic area
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The rug is a fantastic (affordable!!) addition to our nautical themed baby boy's nursery. One note is you should plan on airing it out for a while. The jute smells quite strongly at first.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good rugged quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I bought this rug for use at my Lake House on a rough paint look laminate floor. I wanted something to warm up the room during the winter months, but not bee too formal or too difficult for upkeep. It went down two weeks ago during a cold and wet weekend with two dogs in the house! It survived the weekend perfectly. I had been looking for a rug for th e last 6 months, but could not find anything big enough in my price range. This was a great buy and exceeded my expectations - but not my hopes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was good, actually a bit better in that it is varied blue denims - not as visible as in picture - but jsut what I was hoping for
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality looks great, just the thickness I expected and lays out real well after being folded for shipping
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on target
I was disappointed with the quality of the rug. It was only bound on two sides. I thought, being an area rug that all four sides should have been bound. Once I laid the carpet down there were pieces of the woven rug that were not woven in completely. Thus, I had to clip them to prevent tripping on them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just about right on target
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wasn't as good as I thought it would be
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
We needed a rug for the kids room after someone spilled a drink on the old one. We thought that we'd go a little less formal so we chose this rug made from recycled jeans. The rug is well made and the kids loved it as soon as they saw it. It really make the room a lot more kid friendly plus we're not bothered about thigns getting spilled on it because of the color variations.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same - although the product description does say that due to the nature of the product the colors may vary slightly from the photo. Overall it is very similar.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality. Looks like it will last well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I knew as soon as I opened it I loved it!!! id been loking for awhile for just the right rug,and now I have it. Color is perfect just as descibed. Would higly recomend this rug!!!!!! :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
We purchased this blue jeans rug for under the dining room table. It looks nice - like a large braided rug. The hemp is more noticeable than in the picture, but it's not a problem. The little pieces of jean may pull as time goes on, since we have it under a table and chairs are continually pulled out and put in. May not be the best place for it. But, since the cost was good, if it only lasts a couple of years, I can live with that. I'll probably have a different color focus by then, anyway! I've already gotten several compliments on it. Overall, a good purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks the same online as in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I love this rug so much more now that I have it in my home! It has every shade of indigo (dark, washed, and also bleached jeans were obviously used), with a jute (think: rope) weaving it all together. It is under an old cypress farm table, on dark wood floor, and the textures, colors, and feel is just very interesting. I actually love walking on it in bare feet, as the texture is appealing. Open floor plan with an adjacent living room having a traditional blue, tan, and camel wool rug on the floor need not have worried me, as it goes beautifully with these colors. I do have a camel overstuffed pillow backed sofa, with two accent chairs of camel and denim, with cranberry accent colors, and it all works very well in the adjacent area. My dog is a very large one, and she runs and walks over it with no damage to the rug. Using an upright vacuum, I use the "bare floor" setting, so it does not pull up any of the strips of fabric or jute. I did order the thick, non-sliding felt rug pad since it is on a slick wood floor, and I think that will also make the rug last longer, too, since the weave is obviously a looser weave (thick strips of blue jeans and jute being quite substantial). I know this is very lengthy, but I wanted to reassure anyone considering this rug, who might want to use it with a mix of styles. Just go for it! Interesting and very good look.... get lots of compliments...
I like the texture, the colors- it's lovely. It's also reversible and hides a lot of dirt.... but trying to vacuum this is a joke. Every end of fabric pops up turning it into a molting shaggish mess. I sat down one day and poked a lot of them back into place but it was another task to do. Once both sides are shot it's going on the patio or playroom.
This rug is a great value; it's very big and pretty much exactly as I expected. It's definitely a casual rug, the loose ends of some of the threads poke out of the rug and the cross threads are twine, but it's not out of place in our family room. It doesn't feel rough under your feet and the variety of colors means it hides dirt and pet fur easily. When it does get dirty, it's very easy to vacuum clean. Just make sure you vacuum on a high setting so you don't pull the loose thread ends out even more. The rug isn't thick, so don't expect a soft, plush pile, but I was willing to trade that for the easy of cleaning. My only disappointment was that it's lighter than I expected. There are threads of tons of different shades of jeans, from dark blue to light blue, but my rug seems to have a lot more light blue jeans than I wanted.
When you look at it rolled up (how it ships), it doesn't look like much, but once you unroll it and get the full effect it's a very attractive rug. I love that it's made from (hopefully recycled) jeans and that makes it both durable and soft. We look forward to having this in our house for years to come.